Schott vs. Sutton

LionelRichie

same job, opposite sides of the ball - very different approaches.

schott gets favre, tries to run 'his' offense - lots of motion and formations, deep throws, and power running game and it doesn't work at all. he completely changes his approach to fit the QB with quick passes, 5-wide wr's and produces a high powered, ball control attack.

sutton gets a complete overhaul of personnel, completely stops the run but cannot adapt to teams who spread the field and 'fun and gun' the jets to death. i don't know if sutton is too stubborn to adjust or just can't do it but something has to give or this team is done as soon as they face denver, NE, or indy.

in the end: sutton must go. and schott most likely will be a HC somewhere else next year.

If the Jets had someone of the stature of Brett Favre on defense you can bet the Jets would tailor their defense the way they finally scrapped all the motion and stuff on offense for Favre. It has nothing to do with one guy being adaptable and one guy being adamant about the offense. It has everything to do with a guy being paid 12 million dollars and all of the coaches realizing they will not be long for New York if they couldnt get Favre to stop looking like a 38 year old Vinny Testeverde. Dont get me wrong Id be happy to see Sutton go, but I think him leaving would still mean very little changes to what the team does defensively.

schotty and sutton both suck. It's like we refuse to get good coaches, unless they are already here (westhoff). We just suck at any kind of game planning.

i don't know how you can say schott sucks. the jets have the 2nd highest scoring team in the league. how many pts/game is enough to make you happy?

schotty and sutton both suck. It's like we refuse to get good coaches, unless they are already here (westhoff). We just suck at any kind of game planning.

I can see the meeting now between Tannenbaum and Mangini:

Mike: "Eric, we should get some good coaches"

Eric: "Hahaha That's funny Mike, why the hell would we need good coaches?"

Mike: "hahahah Eric, I was just joshing with you an anyway"

I can see the meeting now between Tannenbaum and Mangini:

Mike: "Eric, we should get some good coaches"

Eric: "Hahaha That's funny Mike, why the hell would we need good coaches?"

Mike: "hahahah Eric, I was just joshing with you an anyway"

I always thought Sutton got the job because he had no credibility to undermine the authority of a 35 year old rookie head coach. Since it didn't look like the team was going anywhere in 2006, it wasn't a bad idea. How he's kept it since then boggles the mind.

I always thought Sutton got the job because he had no credibility to undermine the authority of a 35 year old rookie head coach. Since it didn't look like the team was going anywhere in 2006, it wasn't a bad idea. How he's kept it since then boggles the mind.

If someone was this bad at anything in the real world, they'd be fired. Yet Sutton keeps pluggin along.

Schott sucks. If you're going to praise Schott for lucking into Favre, you have to praise Sutton for Jenkins, and the #3 ranked run defense. It's probably lower now after last week, but it's still a top ranking run D.

i still can't wait for schott to take his first head coaching gig. Better not be for the Jets.

i still can't wait for schott to take his first head coaching gig. Better not be for the Jets.

Remember when people were afraid he was going to go to the Dolphins? That was funny to me then and it is even funnier to me now. Instead they got a guy that went 1-15. I wonder if Schott could manage 0-16? I assume his father would show up for the last quarter of the season to save his son from that ignominy.

Also, is it just me, or did other people notice Big Schott on the sideline these past 2 weeks? I could have sworn I saw him, but nobody else mentioned it, and I didn't see the point of bringing it up until now.

Schott sucks. If you're going to praise Schott for lucking into Favre, you have to praise Sutton for Jenkins, and the #3 ranked run defense. It's probably lower now after last week, but it's still a top ranking run D.

how do you explain the offenses performance against the titans defense ?

Thats where I disagree. I dont doubt Mangini's and co.'s ability to game plan. They are all about tailoring their game plan specifically to the opponent. Mangini and the team confirms it, they constantly say there is a different game plan every week.

Where I think this coaching staff struggles is their ability to react and make adjustments in game. They really just dont seem to do it. That might be the stubborness in Mangini thinking that he made the perfect game plan and its all on execution. Or maybe its because in the grand scheme of things, they are all pretty new to their positions. Possibly in over their heads. Who knows?

But, I dont question their ability to game plan.

you made the statement shotty sucks

back it up

Ok, see every game outside of the Titans and Cardinals. Especially see the first month of the season, the Broncos game, and the Raiders game.

How's this for a fact: Favre leads the NFL in INTs, and has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game.

Ok, see every game outside of the Titans and Cardinals. Especially see the first month of the season, the Broncos game, and the Raiders game.

How's this for a fact: Favre leads the NFL in INTs, and has yet to throw for 300 yards in a game.

here are a few other facts

the new york jets offense, through 12 games, currently is ranked;

overall offense #11 based on yards per game,

rush yards per game #8

avg yards per rush #3

pass yards per game #13

points per game, #2, ftw

they are averaging 28 pts per game :headbang:

wtf do you want, 50 ?

how does the #2 ranked offense from the standpoint of points per game suck exactly ?

hey, shotty drives me nuts sometimes with getting cute when he should pound jones, but the O aint the problem this year

here are a few other facts

the new york jets offense, through 12 games, currently is ranked;

overall offense #11 based on yards per game,

rush yards per game #8

avg yards per rush #3

pass yards per game #13

points per game, #2, ftw

they are averaging 28 pts per game :headbang:

wtf do you want, 50 ?

how does the #2 ranked offense from the standpoint of points per game suck exactly ?

hey, shotty drives me nuts sometimes with getting cute when he should pound jones, but the O aint the problem this year

You need to start watching the games instead of just reading box scores.

I wish we had the Oklahoma Sooners' Offensive Coordinator. That man knows how to call a game. Up by 10, 17, 24? KEEP ****ING THROWING IT AND SMASHING THEIR HEADS IN DAMMIT!!!!. Win by 70 by all means. F 'em. Don't go up by 10 points and get cute with Run, Run, Screen pass. Ugh. Thats Herman Edwards / Paul Hackett crap.

You need to start watching the games instead of just reading box scores.

lol

I've been watching games for 27 years

shotty has his faults, but to say he sux is just flat out wrong

my chief complaint would be not pounding jones against the NFL weaklings like the chiefs and denver

you have to give him credit for completely changin his offense on the fly

you do realize we aren't running the same offense we had in place in August, right ?

he had favre dropped in his lap, and after some early struggles, has the offense, for the most part, rolling

oh, I almost forgot

the JETS lead the NFL in drives over 5 minutes, and have put together masterful long drives at the end of games

the one against the bills comes to mind. the jets lead by 6, jets get the ball at 10:53 to go after a favre pick 6

DRIVE TOTALS: NYJ 26 BUF 17, 14 plays, 65 yards, 1 penalty, 8:41 drive

yeah, he sux :rolleyes:

I wish we had the Oklahoma Sooners' Offensive Coordinator. That man knows how to call a game. Up by 10, 17, 24? KEEP ****ING THROWING IT AND SMASHING THEIR HEADS IN DAMMIT!!!!. Win by 70 by all means. F 'em. Don't go up by 10 points and get cute with Run, Run, Screen pass. Ugh. Thats Herman Edwards / Paul Hackett crap.

It also helps to have players with five times more talent than the guys you're playing.

It also helps to have players with five times more talent than the guys you're playing.

Thats not the point, but remember something -- they are doing it against Top 20 teams (Oklahoma State, Texas Tech, Missouri).

The point is you keep attacking instead of sitting back like the Jets do with the slimest of leads. You can start sitting back on offense when you're up by 30+ points.

I don't understand how anyone can watch the games and have any faith in this offense scoring points. Sure we can score on the Rams and Cardinals, but who doesn't score on those teams? That's like 100 of our points right there. Seriously, WATCH THE GAMES. Don't just quote stats. We don't get a pass rush, but we're #2 in the league in sacks or something. If you only went by stats, you'd think we were as good as the Steelers or Giants on defense.

Archived