We've been exposed.

Irish Jet

Our offense has absolutely NO threat downfield whatsoever. Teams are playing the short routes all the way and BEGGING us to go deep on them and we can't do ****ing ****. Cotch is the furthest thing I've ever seen from a deep threat and Coles gets no seperation either. The slants, screens and hooks than worked so well vs the Pats and Titans were only going to work for so long. Schotty's still afraid of play action on 1st down so we have absolutely nothing that can mix it up a little bit. We've grown into a predictable and ineffective offense which IMO is only going to get worse as the season goes on. The running game is all we have.

Simply put, our wide receivers do not get separation. Favre had decent time, yet the receivers were simply not getting open, especially when you compare it to the work the 49ers' receivers did on us. We need less possession receivers and a fast guy to break away from the defense. That much is now obvious, although the fact has just been masked throughout this year.

There's ways to work with our receivers and perform well with them, but with such inept coaching that much is impossible. I've absolutely ****ing had it with shotgun on third and short.

The problem today was the defense. Not the offense.

It was both. We put up 14 points on a defense missing their best player and couldn't sustain drives consistently for ****. Like the Denver game we offer NOTHING downfield. Everytime Brett releases one long I'm much more confident that it's going to be an INT than I would a completion. This is a problem and has been all season and teams are finally shutting down this short passing game.

It was both. We put up 14 points on a defense missing their best player and couldn't sustain drives consistently for ****. Like the Denver game we offer NOTHING downfield. Everytime Brett releases one long I'm much more confident that it's going to be an INT than I would a completion. This is a problem and has been all season and teams are finally shutting down this short passing game.

Our offense wasn't great, but if you are going to judge on stats, use them all.

We had the ball for 20 minutes the entire game. How many points did you expect when the D was on the field for 40 minutes?

Our offense wasn't great, but if you are going to judge on stats, use them all.

We had the ball for 20 minutes the entire game. How many points did you expect when the D was on the field for 40 minutes?

That's partly on the offense too, they had like two sustained long drives the entire game. I'm not trying to defend the defense in any way here BTW, they ****ing sucked balls but my point remains this offense has been exposed as a one trick pony. Our passing offense has been figured out.

That's partly on the offense too, they had like two sustained long drives the entire game. I'm not trying to defend the defense in any way here BTW, they ****ing sucked balls but my point remains this offense has been exposed as a one trick pony. Our passing offense has been figured out.

Defense is the #1 culprit and it's not close... sorry. Offense could have stayed on the field more but I think we had 1 3 and out? (on defense)

Defense is the #1 culprit and it's not close... sorry. Offense could have stayed on the field more but I think we had 1 3 and out? (on defense)

Where am I arguing anything differently?

This was an offense that was rated #2 in the league a few weeks ago. It's now been figured out, nowhere did I even mention the defense. Overall we're just a complete ****ing shambles.

Archived