American Idol loser !

anskyruben

http://www.nypost.com/seven/12102008/tv/more_tasia_repos_143467.htm

TURNS out the foreclo sure on "American Idol" champ Fantasia Barrino's North Carolina mansion is only the latest in a string of financial calamities for the star.

Since 2005, Fantasia has nearly lost a second house she also owns in Charlotte, NC as well as her $240,000 Mercedes Benz because of money she owed creditors, according to court documents.

Only last-minute settlements appear to have saved the house and the car from being repossessed.

The court papers indicate that she ignored a lien on the $740,000 house in Charlotte after winning "Idol." The lien was brought by the neighborhood association when she allegedly failed to pay $897 in fees.

The same year she appears to have stopped making payments on a limited-edition Mercedes coupe, which also became the subject of litigation.

Her latest financial woes come after a Florida-based finance company loaned her an undisclosed sum of money to pay off the IRS for back taxes that she owed.

Last week, the company - seeking $58,000 it says it is still owed - foreclosed on a second home Fantasia bought not far away in Charlotte.

An auction of the $1.3 million house is scheduled for early next month.

240k Mercedes ? LOL......nice investments. :rl:

Not good, but why pick on her, especially on a sports board?

She's a typical case of someone who came into a little bit of money, (by "little bit" I mean "big chunk but not endless supply") and went through it. No doubt she thought her victory on the TV show would result in a permanent spot in the Top Ten, sold-out concert tours, etc., which never happened.

How many athletes older than her went through ten times that money and ended up broke? And that's even worse because they built up to the big money gradually-she had it dumped in her lap all at once.

Nobody's giving her any awards for judgment, but the sports world has many examples far worse.

She's a typical case of someone who came into a little bit of money, (by "little bit" I mean "big chunk but not endless supply") and went through it. No doubt she thought her victory on the TV show would result in a permanent spot in the Top Ten, sold-out concert tours, etc., which never happened.

How many athletes older than her went through ten times that money and ended up broke? And that's even worse because they built up to the big money gradually-she had it dumped in her lap all at once.

Nobody's giving her any awards for judgment, but the sports world has many examples far worse.

240k Mercedes...

That is beyond stupid.... I doubt she made that much in her first 2 years... lol... you act as though she bought all of this stuff cash...

I remember reading in my local newspaper that she was buying that expensive Mercedes just to "rub it in the faces real hard like" of all Jets' fans, especially those on fan sites, who she believes are "the spawn of Satan". She went on in the article to say that the New York Jets are considered heathens in her eyes, and that coach Eric Mangini is an obvious overeater of snack foods and other low forms of comestibles. I'm mad at her, too.

No, not really. Where are the worse examples? Don't tell me a player from the 70s. who didn't even make a tenth of what she got and a hundredth of what she spent.

What's the big deal about a Mercedes?

Elvis went from driving a truck for a living to buying his old man a mansion in less than a year.

Of course he had a whole bunch of hits and movies happening in later years, but he didn't know that at the time he bought it. He was taking the same chance Fantasia did. Only difference is that he made it good.

What's the big deal about a Mercedes?

Elvis went from driving a truck for a living to buying his old man a mansion in less than a year.

Of course he had a whole bunch of hits and movies happening in later years, but he didn't know that at the time he bought it. He was taking the same chance Fantasia did. Only difference is that he made it good.

Elvis had talent

Archived