Gholston NFL's biggest rookie disappointment

HardKoreXXX

"Fifteen games into his pro career, Gholston's disaster of a rookie season is nearing a merciful conclusion," writes PFW's Matt Sohn wrote of the sixth overall draft pick from Ohio State. "Optimists can point to his special-teams work, pessimists will say he's already a bust, realists will say he's just utterly lost."

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afceast/0-4-615/Gholston-NFL-s-biggest-rookie-disappointment.html

I'll admit it, I was glad when you guys took him. He seems to be nothing more than a workout warrior.

Hey - at least we didnt draft a QB of the future like Joe Flacco. He would have sat on the bench learning for a year and then.....and then been our QB for a decade. That would just not be the Jets way.

I liked the Gholston pick too and would not have liked a Flacco pick. HOWEVER I do not get paid millions of dollars to make selections.

I just dont like the fact the Jets just dont seem to care about a long term solution at QB. Its only the most important position in football.

I blame the poor development and game play of Vernon Gholston on Eric Mangini he obviously did not want this guy in a JETS uniform. I think this is part of his attitude and the way hes acting like a little bitch all season long.Mangini and Tanne are fueding about something and I say its Vernon Gholston.

I blame Vernon Gholston for suking ass.

One of the few Tennebaum F-ups....but a big one to F up there. You just cannot draft a bust there. Even if u dont land a star, u need to get a solid starter at 6. Awful job.

He was far from a bust in college. You cant tell me the move to the NFL changed him this drastically. Eric Mangini is the sole reason this guy hasnt performed up to his ability. Im sticking to this being the reason. Mangini needs to go win or lose Sunday.

Archived