Lowe to sign with Braves

Zeebers

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3829521

4 Years 60 Million. Looks like the Mets will have to turn their attention to Ollie.

Oh dear God no. I dont think Lowe is worth 4 years, but Ollie stinks. The guy is unreliable and we'll be paying him way too much.

Yankees get real pitching. Mets get scrap heap.

I hope Santana can pitch 80 games and 400+ innings.

Oh dear God no. I dont think Lowe is worth 4 years, but Ollie stinks. The guy is unreliable and we'll be paying him way too much.

The way the Mets (on paper) set up the bullpen in this off season, the starters will have to give them a good 6.

The way the Mets (on paper) set up the bullpen in this off season, the starters will have to give them a good 6.

Santana and Pelfrey should do this no problem. Hopefully Maine is recovered from injury.

Then Redding and Niese or Ollie or some scrap heap guy Im not sure of.

Outside of the bullpen, are they really better than last year?

Santana and Pelfrey should do this no problem. Hopefully Maine is recovered from injury.

Then Redding and Niese or Ollie or some scrap heap guy Im not sure of.

Outside of the bullpen, are they really better than last year?

If they had Putz and K-Rod last year, they make the playoffs.

Ollie is inconsistent but a much better investment than Lowe at that money.

I would like to see us gamble on Sheets.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/110704-scott-boras-lands-another-sucker-hook-line-and-derek-lowes-sinker

If they had Putz and K-Rod last year, they make the playoffs.

Agree. There wouldn't have even been a pennant race.

The Mets fixed their biggest issue and will add a SP as well. Omar is overpaying for nothing this winter which hopefully means he's leaving some payroll open for a final Manny offer once Boras comes to him with a last chance to make one.

Rats. I was getting worried when I read that the Mets were the only ones in the Lowe race and yet there was no signing. I'm not crazy about Ollie as a fall back either , you never know who you have on any given day.

Well I guess it's a step in any direction for Atlanta.

They have had a real quiet off-season...which irks me because they need a lot of help.

Javier Vazquez

Derek Lowe

Jair Jurjens

New Japanese pitcher

Tom Glavine?

Talk about a makeshift staff. I'm not sold on this team at all this season, and they still need to add a legit bat. Maybe Adam Dunn, but I'm hearing Nick Swisher.

Archived