**** The OFFICIAL AFC Championship Game Thread****'

Of course Simms thinks it was clean. He's a Steelers suck-up and wants to be Big Ben's buttercup. Steelers are a dirty team with big mouths.

Steelers will be HUGE favorites going into the SB. My only hope is that Wisenhunt (who should know the Pitt schemes) outsmarts that slarmy looking Tomlin.

Not Happenning..Warner 5 sacks 4 Ints 3 fumbles..what game does that

remind u of?

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
what? english please. i have no idea what that first sentence was even supposed to say. as you stated, he launched himself, not allowed. have you watched football anytime recently?

He will not be fined

willis was not a defenseless WR, he was a like RB ready to run someone

over. he led with his shoulder

He will not be fined

you don't need to be a devenseless wr. that has nothing to do with it. you can't tackle anyone leading with your head. its pretty simple. he probably won't be fined, but thats only because goodell is as inept as you and simms.

you don't need to be a devenseless wr. that has nothing to do with it. you can't tackle anyone leading with your head. its pretty simple. he probably won't be fined, but thats only because goodell is as inept as you and simms.

OK Chiquita whatever you say...

Do you drive a Limo?

He will not be fined

he caught the ball and took 2 steps... he wasnt running anyone over. he hadnt established himself when he was hit.

Again, the NFL doesnt care what the intent was, it is what the result was. Look at the Eric Smith hit... the NFL didnt care what his intent was, he launched himself and hit Boldin helmet to helmet.

he caught the ball and took 2 steps... he wasnt running anyone over. he hadnt established himself when he was hit.

Again, the NFL doesnt care what the intent was, it is what the result was. Look at the Eric Smith hit... the NFL didnt care what his intent was, he launched himself and hit Boldin helmet to helmet.

Boldin was a defenseless WR, Smith should not have been suspended.

Fined yes

Boldin was a defenseless WR, Smith should not have been suspended.

Fined yes

I agree. There should only be suspensions on hits that are vicious, intentional, and unnecessary. But the pansy NFL doesnt view it that way...

According to the rules: helmet to helmet and should be assessed the same penalty as Smith.

My feelings: big hit, borderline bad hit, but not deserving of a suspension.

But I was never commissioner of a professional sports league so my feelings dont matter.

I agree. There should only be suspensions on hits that are vicious, intentional, and unnecessary. But the pansy NFL doesnt view it that way...

According to the rules: helmet to helmet and should be assessed the same penalty as Smith.

But I was never commissioner of a professional sports league so my feelings dont matter.

i agree as well. they should just get rid of helmets all together and this wouldn't even be a problem.

Remember Clark took out Welker with a vicious hit..led with shoulder and decleated him, Welker was defenseless.. Willis was not.

Now if willis has a broken neck, Goodell may fine him..suspend him no way

for what its worth, (source: http://www.profootballtalk.com)

MCGAHEE HAS CONCUSSION, WILL BE OK

Posted by Mike Florio on January 18, 2009, 11:09 p.m.

A league source tells us that Ravens running back Willis McGahee suffered a concussion on that wicked fourth-quarter hit from Steelers safety Ryan Clark.

Per the source, McGahee is “OK.”

It remains to be seen whether the league characterizes the hit from Clark as a violation of the rules. It wasn’t a classic helmet-to-helmet hit; McGahee seemed to drop his head as Clark was approaching, and Clark appears to try to lead with his shoulder.

UPDATE: Actually, I just saw a different angle while watching the sequence of events on TiVo. It was a helmet-to-helmet hit and Clark should be suspended for the Super Bowl. Period.

Archived