SNY to says Schottenheimer stay

Boynton Beach Jets

It scored 6 TDs on defense and special teams. That's 42 points right there. I did an analysis of this a few weeks ago. We also scored 56 against Arizona and 48 against the Rams. So that means in 14 games, we scored 266 pts (1 of the TDs in the az game was defensive). That averages out to 19 a game. Is that good offense?

If you are going to throw out the two highest you should also throw out the two lowest. And in the Arizona game if they didn't score over 50 they might have lost. So it wasn't like those drives shouldn't count. They were needed.

If you are going to throw out the two highest you should also throw out the two lowest. And in the Arizona game if they didn't score over 50 they might have lost. So it wasn't like those drives shouldn't count. They were needed.

OK, fair enough. I was throwing out the 2 games where the score was out of hand. In other words, we could have scored 20 less and still won. I'll throw out 13 (3 v Seattle, 10 v NE). That yields 21.1.

I think if we actually tried to run the ball to runt he clock out we may not have needed to hit a 4th and 2 from the 40 for a td, etc.

OK, fair enough. I was throwing out the 2 games where the score was out of hand. In other words, we could have scored 20 less and still won. I'll throw out 13 (3 v Seattle, 10 v NE). That yields 21.1.

That's more like it. 21.1 will be plenty with Rex running the defense. :-P

I think if we actually tried to run the ball to runt he clock out we may not have needed to hit a 4th and 2 from the 40 for a td, etc.

Schott didn't have a great year. I think he had his hands tied. I don't buy into the Mangini ruined the offense stuff. I do think that Schott changed to please Favre and it didn't always work out.

Schott didn't have a great year. I think he had his hands tied. I don't buy into the Mangini ruined the offense stuff. I do think that Schott changed to please Favre and it didn't always work out.

agree 100%...

mangigni didnt say 'hey the hell with favre ' though

It scored 6 TDs on defense and special teams. That's 42 points right there. I did an analysis of this a few weeks ago. We also scored 56 against Arizona and 48 against the Rams. So that means in 14 games, we scored 266 pts (1 of the TDs in the az game was defensive). That averages out to 19 a game. Is that good offense?

Yes every team has points scored by other sources, but for argument sakes lets say we take off the 42 points that means the Jets offense still scored 363 an average of 22.69 per game and in the NFL that should win 11-12 games forgetting about the special and defensive scores.

It is not fair to say lets take out the Cardinal & Rams game and then take out what the specials and defense did. We did score 56 points against a Super Bowl team, was this a prolific offensive no but it is a team that should win 11-12 games

Archived