SNY to says Schottenheimer stay

Boynton Beach Jets

SNY reports that Brian Schottenheimer is going to stay with the Jets as offensive coordinator.

This is great news now the transition on offense should be minimal.

I don't know about great news. I think it buys Ryan a season to ignore the offense a little while he puts his defense together. And then throw Schottenheimer under the bus if the offense doesn't perform well. Tossing coordinators he didn't ask for bought Herm a couple extra years here, too.

That is going to be the next big question. Schotty staying can motivate Brett to stay since he will not need to learn a new offense.

Hopefully Favre and Schottenheimer hate each other.

I don't know about great news. I think it buys Ryan a season to ignore the offense a little while he puts his defense together. And then throw Schottenheimer under the bus if the offense doesn't perform well. Tossing coordinators he didn't ask for bought Herm a couple extra years here, too.

Hopefully Favre and Schottenheimer hate each other.

It is a year where Ryan will let Schotty concentrate on the offense and he can work on and mold a defense.

SNY reports that Brian Schottenheimer is going to stay with the Jets as offensive coordinator.

This is great news now the transition on offense should be minimal.

This is terrible news... I want a transition on offense. from "sucks" to "good"

Look, they wouldn't bring Ryan on if he wasn't on board with their "let's keep Favre" philosophy. The owner was pretty clear he wants Favre back.

At this point I want Farve back we don't have any other choice. There are a few Vet QBs out there that we could get if Farve doesn't return but none of them are any better the him. Farve really didn't do a bad job he sucked at the end but so did the rest of the team.

This is terrible news... I want a transition on offense. from "sucks" to "good"

This offense sucks so much it scored 405 points and was held back by the HC. 405 points was a Jets record. I think Jets are a team that should win now, lets let Ryan fix the defense and lets let Schotty run the offense in 2009. As little transformation in 2009 on offense the better and 2010 when the defense is in place we can tweak the offense if need be.

+1, he sucked when he hurt his arm

I agree and as a Vet he should have pulled himself because he wasn't playing at the level he should have been. I don't think Farve was bad this year I had more fun watching the Jets this year then I've had in a very long time, if Farve is healthy I hope he comes back.

I agree and as a Vet he should have pulled himself because he wasn't playing at the level he should have been. I don't think Farve was bad this year I had more fun watching the Jets this year then I've had in a very long time, if Farve is healthy I hope he comes back.

Part of the problem with guys who have a "streak" going is they will never pull themselves even when they know they are doing more harm than good. Favre, Martin, Ripken in baseball...they're more concerned about their precious streaks than the team putting healthy or non-slumping players in their place during that time.

When you are that hurt, particularly in football, take a seat. It's a rough sport. Even the best of the best get injured enough to sit a game. Now I'm not referring to guys who get a hangnail and sit out for a month or two. But there has to be a balance. When your arm is torn to the point you need surgery and can't throw properly, put in someone who can. When you have two badly sprained ankles, let a healthy backup take your place & help him from the sideline. When you're batting .170 for a month straight, sit out a game or two and clear your head.

That is the problem with bringing Favre back. He won't take himself out of the lineup even if he's too hurt to be effective, and no one wants to be "the guy who benched Brett Favre."

Farve really didn't do a bad job he sucked at the end but so did the rest of the team.

Favre's play down the stretch bought the rest of the team down.

You can't turn the ball over as much as he did and expect to win football games. Over the last five/six years Brett averages over 20 ints a year. Since he's been a starter, he's never had a year when he threw fewer than 13 - a number he hasn't sniffed since he won the Super Bowl 12 years ago. He's been overrated for -well- forever, and now he's an over the hill shadow of the myth he never was. He was fun to root for when he was a young gunslinger, but to stick at this age you need to be a wily, cagey vet. Brett's just an old gunslinger.

You can't have a QB like that on a team built around it's defense and running game. You need a guy who can protect the football.

He and his $13M salary have to go.

Favre's play down the stretch bought the rest of the team down.

You can't turn the ball over as much as he did and expect to win football games. Over the last five/six years Brett averages over 20 ints a year. Since he's been a starter, he's never had a year when he threw fewer than 13 - a number he hasn't sniffed since he won the Super Bowl 12 years ago. He's been overrated for -well- forever, and now he's an over the hill shadow of the myth he never was. He was fun to root for when he was a young gunslinger, but to stick at this age you need to be a wily, cagey vet. Brett's just an old gunslinger.

You can't have a QB like that on a team built around it's defense and running game. You need a guy who can protect the football.

He and his $13M salary have to go.

He sniffed at 13 when he threw 15 the year before the Jets got him.

I don't think he's worth $13M that we badly need to use elsewhere on the team either, though. I'd be more agreeable to it if his precious streak was already over & there wasn't pressure on a HC (or self-imposed pressure on the player) to continue it.

I'm all for not starting from scratch with the O. But if this is true, I really hope The Mageen had his hooks in every aspect of the O including gameday playcall. Despite scoring a lot of points - almost half our point totals were 20 and under.

I pray the inability to adjust to things as fundamental as our wideouts getting bumped heavy at the LOS was The Mageen placing handcuffs on halfshott. If it was his limitations that couldnt work through that - we're in for a long season and the Mike Martz's of the world are licking their chops.

At this point I have come to the realization that Favre will come back..I always thought there was some handshake agreement on a 2 year deal and the fact the Jets are really pushing for Schott to stay kind of confirms it. Granted he gives them a cap problem but this roster is far from perfect so some heads should roll

Part of the problem with guys who have a "streak" going is they will never pull themselves even when they know they are doing more harm than good. Favre, Martin, Ripken in baseball...they're more concerned about their precious streaks than the team putting healthy or non-slumping players in their place during that time.

When you are that hurt, particularly in football, take a seat. It's a rough sport. Even the best of the best get injured enough to sit a game. Now I'm not referring to guys who get a hangnail and sit out for a month or two. But there has to be a balance. When your arm is torn to the point you need surgery and can't throw properly, put in someone who can. When you have two badly sprained ankles, let a healthy backup take your place & help him from the sideline. When you're batting .170 for a month straight, sit out a game or two and clear your head.

That is the problem with bringing Favre back. He won't take himself out of the lineup even if he's too hurt to be effective, and no one wants to be "the guy who benched Brett Favre."

What you said is true but I am glad the streak is alive. After a crappy year like that could you imagine if the Jets were the ones to end it? We never would hear the end of it.

What you said is true but I am glad the streak is alive. After a crappy year like that could you imagine if the Jets were the ones to end it? We never would hear the end of it.

LOL

Madden Curse...

Brett will be OK next season... :lol:

he knows his chances of getting a HC gig in 2010 better by staying with a playoff caliber team that is now getting a Defensive agressive HC who will emphasize the runnin game to kill clock..

He will make playoffs and be a hot commodity in 2010...

he knows his chances of getting a HC gig in 2010 better by staying with a playoff caliber team that is now getting a Defensive agressive HC who will emphasize the runnin game to kill clock..

He will make playoffs and be a hot commodity in 2010...

that and he is under contract

If he returns, I hope he gets into a non-serious off-field incident (like a car accident on the way to the game) so he can't play week 1, the streak ends, he & others involved are able to walk away & their lives are not negatively-impacted, and then he can play or not play as he deserves rather than the added baggage of a silly, selfish streak. Even a loss in week 1 would make it worthwhile.

This offense sucks so much it scored 405 points and was held back by the HC. 405 points was a Jets record. I think Jets are a team that should win now, lets let Ryan fix the defense and lets let Schotty run the offense in 2009. As little transformation in 2009 on offense the better and 2010 when the defense is in place we can tweak the offense if need be.

It scored 6 TDs on defense and special teams. That's 42 points right there. I did an analysis of this a few weeks ago. We also scored 56 against Arizona and 48 against the Rams. So that means in 14 games, we scored 266 pts (1 of the TDs in the az game was defensive). That averages out to 19 a game. Is that good offense?

Archived