Now that we've got Rex....

Midget Love 20

I would absolutley love Bart Scott or Ray Lewis. Scott will be the one hitting the market though and I doubt we'll have enough to get him in all honesty.

I dont see scott getting more that 4 million per year. plus if he likes ryan he could be drawn to us. something like a 4 year, 16 million dollar deal which only puts 4 million against this years cap. Leohnard will probably take a 5 year 15 million deal which is 3million against the cap.

thats only 7 million for 2 strong assets to the team.

then you can get a jabarri greer for 5-6 million a year. lets say we get him for a 4 year 24 million dollar deal thats 6 million against the cap.

13 million combined for a geat #2 corner, a strong hard hitting LB(who played with ryan), and a hardnosed FS(who played with ryan) is not a lot of money. just get rid of favre, barret, barton, and thomas. then were not in cap trouble

where exactly is all of this cap space coming from?

that is what i would like to know. we would be lucky if we could get one of those guys from the ravens, or possibly a decent priced corner. i don't know why everyone thinks we have all this money to sign so many starters.

I dont think coles will leave thats why i have it at Favre,Barret,Thomas, and Barton

well, barton is a free agent anyways, so his leaving wouldn't really save anything off of next years cap. i hope favre and barrett are gone for sure. wouldn't mind thomas staying if he is motivated and possibly takes a paycut. we could use the body at olb since i don't think we will get someone of suggs caliber and who knows whats up with gholston yet.

i for one hope we can trade coles somewhere. maybe even for lito sheppard or something.

well, barton is a free agent anyways, so his leaving wouldn't really save anything off of next years cap. i hope favre and barrett are gone for sure. wouldn't mind thomas staying if he is motivated and possibly takes a paycut. we could use the body at olb since i don't think we will get someone of suggs caliber and who knows whats up with gholston yet.

i for one hope we can trade coles somewhere. maybe even for lito sheppard or something.

thomas only counts as 556,000 against the cap in 09. so its good to save that money but he wont take a paycut when its that low.

thomas only counts as 556,000 against the cap in 09. so its good to save that money but he wont take a paycut when its that low.

if that is true, then there really is no reason to get rid of him at all. he will count less than most backups and unless he is a malcontent and is bad for chemistry or something, i don't see why he wouldn't be on the team.

if that is true, then there really is no reason to get rid of him at all. he will count less than most backups and unless he is a malcontent and is bad for chemistry or something, i don't see why he wouldn't be on the team.

you can get all the jets cap info at jetscap.com

and since pettine is reportedly the new DC and was the LB coach in baltimore im feeling pretty good that we get bart scott.

Archived