Now that we've got Rex....

Midget Love 20

Baltimore coaching staff

http://www.nfl.com/teams/baltimoreravens/coaches?coaType=head&team=BAL

I don't know about Ravens personnel but naturally you'll figure Ryan will be bringing over some of his people over with him especially from the defensive side of the ball or as his DC. Potential DC from the list could be Mike Pettine, Greg Mattison or Clarence Brooks. Those names are just speculation and there's no truth behind those guys leaving Baltimore though. But those three look like the most experienced to become a DC for either Baltimore or NY.

Baltimore coaching staff

I don't know about Ravens personnel but naturally you'll figure Ryan will be bringing over some of his people over with him especially from the defensive side of the ball or as his DC. Potential DC from the list could be Mike Pettine, Greg Mattison or Clarence Brooks. Those names are just speculation and there's no truth behind those guys leaving Baltimore though. But those three look like the most experienced to become a DC for either Baltimore or NY.

Yeah I hear baltimore will have mattison be the DC because he is more of a harbaugh guy. that could be brooks though I forgot which one but I do remember pettine not being considered.

Yeah I hear baltimore will have mattison be the DC because he is more of a harbaugh guy. that could be brooks though I forgot which one but I do remember pettine not being considered.

Yeah from what it seems, if you look at when most of the coaches from Baltimore came to the team, it was in 2008. Which could be the first signs of proof that Harbaugh is bringing in his own guys and taking a lot of the Billick coaches out. That could play GREATLY to our advantage because Ravens coaches and hopefully personnel will follow. Jetskid do you know what the cap situation for Baltimore looks like? Since it sure looks like they have a bunch of heavy prices to try and retain like Lewis, Suggs, Scott, Landry, Stover, etc.

Yeah from what it seems, if you look at when most of the coaches from Baltimore came to the team, it was in 2008. Which could be the first signs of proof that Harbaugh is bringing in his own guys and taking a lot of the Billick coaches out. That could play GREATLY to our advantage because Ravens coaches and hopefully personnel will follow. Jetskid do you know what the cap situation for Baltimore looks like? Since it sure looks like they have a bunch of heavy prices to try and retain like Lewis, Suggs, Scott, Landry, Stover, etc.

I dont know ther cap status, but on ravens sites they seem to want us to tke leohanrd and scott, because they feel they can get back suggs, lewis, and landry.

Baltimore coaching staff

But, why would baltimore want to let any of those guys go? if they are under contract we can't just go raid their staff.

But, why would baltimore want to let any of those guys go? if they are under contract we can't just go raid their staff.

if pettine doesent get the DC job he will demand that they let him explore other options which would be the jets. the other 2 will stay put most likely.

if pettine doesent get the DC job he will demand that they let him explore other options which would be the jets. the other 2 will stay put most likely.

A coach cannot demand to explore other options. if he is under contract, and they want him to stay, there is nothing he can do about it, unless he wants to go sit on the couch or coach college.

A coach cannot demand to explore other options. if he is under contract, and they want him to stay, there is nothing he can do about it, unless he wants to go sit on the couch or coach college.

Right as I stated earlier, it looks like Harbaugh is bringing in guys who he likes and cleaning up what remained from Billick's tenure. If one of the guys that has been working along side with Ryan for that many years and is unhappy with the situation he's in (or in Petitne's case not being promoted to DC) then why would Harbaugh want to keep him around?

Without sounding too foolish, keep an close eye in the next few weeks of the fate of Wade Phillips in Dallas. For as wacky of a situation as that is, Phillips being available would be something the Jets should keep an eye on. He's proven to being a junky HC but a GREAT DC in the 3-4 scheme.

Yes a coach can. Now the team doesn't have to honor it, but most do because who wants an unhappy person on the staff?

Right as I stated earlier, it looks like Harbaugh is bringing in guys who he likes and cleaning up what remained from Billick's tenure. If one of the guys that has been working along side with Ryan for that many years and is unhappy with the situation he's in (or in Petitne's case not being promoted to DC) then why would Harbaugh want to keep him around?

Without sounding too foolish, keep an close eye in the next few weeks of the fate of Wade Phillips in Dallas. For as wacky of a situation as that is, Phillips being available would be something the Jets should keep an eye on. He's proven to being a junky HC but a GREAT DC in the 3-4 scheme.

you could say the same thing about unhappy players. are you going to let people just whine their way out of contracts?

Yes a coach can. Now the team doesn't have to honor it, but most do because who wants an unhappy person on the staff?

again, you can say the same thing about players. are you going to let people get out of contracts that they signed just because they whine?

not saying they will or won't let him go, just that they don't have to. it isn't pettine's choice.

then why have the jets not said anything yet

The Lawyers are going over the wording of the contract, until they are done, they cannot officially announce it yet. But it's all but sdone. Stop being a whiny baby.

again, you can say the same thing about players. are you going to let people get out of contracts that they signed just because they whine?

not saying they will or won't let him go, just that they don't have to. it isn't pettine's choice.

You can say that about players and coaches. A coach doesn't want to be somewhere and make it known then they can explore options elsewhere. Look at Atlanta two seasons ago. For players if they do not like their contracts or demand to be traded they can hold out of training camp or playing. Does it mean that they'll be paid, no. Its one thing if its a player who has a role on the team, but as an organization you don't want a bad apple coach who wouldn't want to be there. As stated earlier in this thread, if Petitne doesn't get promoted to DC and was hoping to be the successor to Ryan, then chances are Harbaugh will select somebody that is "his guy" or has less time with the organization than him. What message would that send if that happened? Chances are if that happens, you can pencil Petitne to explore elsewhere with little to no resistence by the Ravens. In some ways, it could be similiar to how they handled Ryan. Newsome could have promoted him to HC last season and they passed. Although I bet Ryan did not mind being DC this year, but made its clear now he wanted to be a HC in the league. Where was Baltimore's resistence?

I do believe the next DC for the Jets is on the Baltimore staff currently or worked with Baltimore under Ryan during Billick's tenure, unless an experienced coordinator like a Wade Phillips is out there and available to sign

You can say that about players and coaches. A coach doesn't want to be somewhere and make it known then they can explore options elsewhere. Look at Atlanta two seasons ago. For players if they do not like their contracts or demand to be traded they can hold out of training camp or playing. Does it mean that they'll be paid, no. Its one thing if its a player who has a role on the team, but as an organization you don't want a bad apple coach who wouldn't want to be there. As stated earlier in this thread, if Petitne doesn't get promoted to DC and was hoping to be the successor to Ryan, then chances are Harbaugh will select somebody that is "his guy" or has less time with the organization than him. What message would that send if that happened? Chances are if that happens, you can pencil Petitne to explore elsewhere with little to no resistence by the Ravens. In some ways, it could be similiar to how they handled Ryan. Newsome could have promoted him to HC last season and they passed. Although I bet Ryan did not mind being DC this year, but made its clear now he wanted to be a HC in the league. Where was Baltimore's resistence?

I do believe the next DC for the Jets is on the Baltimore staff currently or worked with Baltimore under Ryan during Billick's tenure, unless an experienced coordinator like a Wade Phillips is out there and available to sign

It is still up to the organization, which is why I previously stated, the bigger question will be whether or not Baltimore lets him out of his contract, because they don't have to, if they don't want to. It happens quite often actually.

And a coach cannot say that he doesn't want to be somewhere anymore and just go explore other options. He is under contract. Its the same in many career fields, not just the nfl.

As for the situation with Rex Ryan, the rules are a little different if you are being promoted to the head coach position than to a coordinator position.

It is still up to the organization, which is why I previously stated, the bigger question will be whether or not Baltimore lets him out of his contract, because they don't have to, if they don't want to. It happens quite often actually.

And a coach cannot say that he doesn't want to be somewhere anymore and just go explore other options. He is under contract. Its the same in many career fields, not just the nfl.

As for the situation with Rex Ryan, the rules are a little different if you are being promoted to the head coach position than to a coordinator position.

Again you don't want a bad apple in the coaching staff. If he's not promoted then chances are they won't think highly enough of him to begin with and could easily replace him with somebody else if there was a problem. Just out of curiosity, how's the rules different for head coach position and coordinator position?

The Lawyers are going over the wording of the contract, until they are done, they cannot officially announce it yet. But it's all but sdone. Stop being a whiny baby.

also today is a holiday and tomorrow is the inauguration.

They will wait til Wednesday to make it official.

this thread got taken way off course for the most part.. but i hope we can gran leonhard, and suggs/scott

It sorta has but its better than starting a...."Whose gonna be our DC coord" thread.

I think Suggs is a poor mans Peppers. Peppers is gonna demand WAYY too much money and has played in the 4-3 system for his career and as a DE. We don't need another expensive OLB project since we drafted one of those last year. Suggs has played in both a hybrid of the 3-4 and 4-3 and is familiar with Ryan's scheme and terms used. Plus he could become an instant play maker for the 3-4 while Peppers could be a blind investment

Again you don't want a bad apple in the coaching staff. If he's not promoted then chances are they won't think highly enough of him to begin with and could easily replace him with somebody else if there was a problem. Just out of curiosity, how's the rules different for head coach position and coordinator position?

You are allowed to leave for a head coaching position without approval from the team, you are not allowed to do the same to become a coordinator.

Archived