Congrats Carolina

SouthernJet

Good job.....mission accomplished to the kids who came back..

My 2 sons, Carolina grads, are enjoying as they should. Son in Raleigh was a little 'groggy' this morning and JGBs is in Amsterdam on business and I assume he 'celebrated' in that fine city :confused:

UNC's Davis says he's returning

Comment Email Print Share

By Mark Schlabach

ESPN.com

Archive

DETROIT -- North Carolina freshman Ed Davis, who scored 11 points and grabbed eight rebounds in Monday night's 89-72 rout of Michigan State in the NCAA national championship game at Ford Field, said he'll definitely return to school for his sophomore season.

Davis, a 6-foot-10 forward from Richmond, Va., averaged 6.5 points and 6.5 rebounds this season. Some UNC fans feared Davis would do what sixth man Marvin Williams did when the Tar Heels won the 2005 national championship. Williams entered the NBA draft and was the No. 2 overall selection by the Atlanta Hawks.

Davis said he won't even consider testing the NBA draft without signing with an agent.

"I'm definitely coming back," Davis said.

Michigan State coach Tom Izzo was certainly impressed by Davis.

"Davis did a great job," Izzo said. "He's a very good rebounder. He's long. As he gets more physical, I think he's got a chance to be probably their next great, great one."

Sunday night an NBA general manager said this Carolina team has as many as eight future pros. In addition to the aforementioned Green, Lawson, Ellington and Hansbrough, there is Marcus Ginyard, the team's best defender who was lost for the season, and Deon Thompson and freshmen Ed Davis and Tyler Zeller.

Great news on Davis coming back. Hopefully Thompson does the same. I think one more year would be good for him. I'm sure Lawson and Ellington are goners, well pretty positive they are.

Next year would look nice with Thompson, Zeller, Davis, Ginyard, Drew, Graves, Henson etc.

Archived