JI/JN Border War Mafia Game Thread

Doggin94it

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh, the lovely lovely sound of my voice.

I was silenced last night, hence my not talking before now. I've been actively following whats going on though. More thoughts later, but for now, I'm not Cult Leader, I'm not cult at all.

WOah, I believe this. Here's why:

THis post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1281119&postcount=1371

I asked doggin to mod prod Carlito and he responded no, which was odd as I've never seen a mod do this.

and

this post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1281764&postcount=1398

Joe targetted Carlito last night..

<snip>

Night 1: I actually forgot I had a night role and didn't submit. If you actually look, you'll see Day 2 didn't start until after the night time limit had expired. That was my fault (oops). Since I wasn't allowed to choose no action, by default I targeted myself. I don't know what occurred.

Night 2: I targeted Lefty. At the end of the night I received a PM saying my random action that night was an investigation and I received that result.

Night 3: I targeted Carlito. Was given no info on what happened.

WOah, I believe this. Here's why:

THis post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1281119&postcount=1371

I asked doggin to mod prod Carlito and he responded no, which was odd as I've never seen a mod do this.

and

this post:

http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1281764&postcount=1398

Joe targetted Carlito last night..

WOah my ass. It was weird enough you requested a mod prod of Carlito. Doggin has been prodding guys left and right for sure, he gave us a real hand with Sonny and Tony. And you asked about Carlito when he had been absent much less than Sonny. Why not place a vote on him like is usually done to provoke inactives to participate.

Oh, the lovely lovely sound of my voice.

I was silenced last night, hence my not talking before now. I've been actively following whats going on though. More thoughts later, but for now, I'm not Cult Leader, I'm not cult at all.

Yeah, I'm guessing that was probably my fault. Whoops, sorry about that. :P

Hopefully the fact that I was clearly telling the truth about at least Lefty's scumminess that should clear up some things, but I still understand some of the concerns out there. That said, if anyone has any particular thoughts on what they think I should do with my night action, I'd be willing to listen. Not that I'm going to tell you guys what I decide or let you decide for me, but I figure given the possibilities of NK / conversion / etc. for me it could make a difference. Currently I was thinking one of two paths:

1. Target myself. This could possibly result in anything from blocking a cult conversion, protecting against a NK, causing me to just NK myself or even something else randomly unrelated to all of this. The upside is it might keep me alive and on the town's side and keeps me from harming anyone else. The downside is I don't get info on / do anything to anyone else and am probably walking into a high likely of being a top target. Even if I'm innocent, there's no doubt some townie's will still be suspicious and the cult and mafia would have no problem preying on that.

2. Target one of the most suspicious remaining players. Maybe it NKs, or it unconverts a cult member (doubtful), or it gives me results I can share if I survive. The only risk here is if I end up taking out an innocent by mistake, but there's also the chance I could take out / uncover scum or cult. Hell, I could even get lucky and end up protecting an innocent NK target or stopping a conversion attempt.

If anyone has any thoughts or any other ideas, please feel free to share.

What do you mean Joe? That because you submitted his name, he was unable to post for a day phase?

Well if we assume he's telling the truth about being silenced, the timing certainly seems interesting. I target him for a night action in which any random thing possibly could have happened to him, and the next day he says this happened. Considering this hasn't come up as happening to anyone else, I'm assuming that its not someone's permanent ability, so I wouldn't doubt if it were my fault.

WOah my ass. It was weird enough you requested a mod prod of Carlito. Doggin has been prodding guys left and right for sure, he gave us a real hand with Sonny and Tony. And you asked about Carlito when he had been absent much less than Sonny. Why not place a vote on him like is usually done to provoke inactives to participate.

Because I wanted to find out what the story was with Carlito's weird quote all of Lefty's votes thing. If we had gotten Carlito to commit to one of them earlier, we would've gotten information on him. Right now, the whole quoting Lefty thing seems too scummy to be scummy, no?

My best guess at this point is that Carlito is the Cult leader, Joe is a converted power role who did get a giulty on you night 2. He didn't say anything because it was going to be an ace in his pocket when he needed to protect the cult leader. Now maybe Sonny is the cult leader, but we'll figure that out tomorrow when we lynch Carlito.. (who is who I think we should lynch)

Because I wanted to find out what the story was with Carlito's weird quote all of Lefty's votes thing. If we had gotten Carlito to commit to one of them earlier, we would've gotten information on him. Right now, the whole quoting Lefty thing seems too scummy to be scummy, no?

Joe may have truly silenced Carlito but I fail to see how Carlito's claim of being silenced suddenly clears him in your book. Your attitude toward Carlito has interested me the entire game. We can discuss this more Saturday though.

Hopefully the fact that I was clearly telling the truth about at least Lefty's scumminess that should clear up some things, but I still understand some of the concerns out there. That said, if anyone has any particular thoughts on what they think I should do with my night action, I'd be willing to listen. Not that I'm going to tell you guys what I decide or let you decide for me, but I figure given the possibilities of NK / conversion / etc. for me it could make a difference. Currently I was thinking one of two paths:

1. Target myself. This could possibly result in anything from blocking a cult conversion, protecting against a NK, causing me to just NK myself or even something else randomly unrelated to all of this. The upside is it might keep me alive and on the town's side and keeps me from harming anyone else. The downside is I don't get info on / do anything to anyone else and am probably walking into a high likely of being a top target. Even if I'm innocent, there's no doubt some townie's will still be suspicious and the cult and mafia would have no problem preying on that.

2. Target one of the most suspicious remaining players. Maybe it NKs, or it unconverts a cult member (doubtful), or it gives me results I can share if I survive. The only risk here is if I end up taking out an innocent by mistake, but there's also the chance I could take out / uncover scum or cult. Hell, I could even get lucky and end up protecting an innocent NK target or stopping a conversion attempt.

What did Doggin tell you were the possible actions. Did he say you can unconvert cult members.

Did you riole give you any hints into what powers you coiuld use? Again, if it's random, because this is a doggin game, my guess would be you use the same power on the same people each time. I'd say to test this by doing Carlito again, but since I think that's who we should lynch tomorrow, I don't think it's a good idea to risk silencing him.

Joe may have truly silenced Carlito but I fail to see how Carlito's claim of being silenced suddenly clears him in your book. Your attitude toward Carlito has interested me the entire game. We can discuss this more Saturday though.

Clears? No....

The WOah! was because the lightbulb went off in my head as I couldn't understand why doggin denied the prod request.

I don't think it speaks to his alignment at all, and in fact I intend to target his lynch tomorrow if alive (considering Lefty already said that he would NK me, I have to assume my heads on the block tonight so I might as well keep yapping)

Did you riole give you any hints into what powers you coiuld use? Again, if it's random, because this is a doggin game, my guess would be you use the same power on the same people each time. I'd say to test this by doing Carlito again, but since I think that's who we should lynch tomorrow, I don't think it's a good idea to risk silencing him.

I interpreted your posts to mean you now believed Carlito innocent. My apologies if that is not the case.

I think that's exactly what he should do. I doubt it will be the same power two nights in a row. If he's not the investigator tonight, maybe he'll track him instead. Or protect him. Or maybe he'll NK our likeliest lynch, and we can look in another direction after the holiday.

I think that's exactly what he should do. I doubt it will be the same power two nights in a row. If he's not the investigator tonight, maybe he'll track him instead. Or protect him. Or maybe he'll NK our likeliest lynch, and we can look in another direction after the holiday.

Maybe, it'd be interesting to see but my gut tells me his nightactions are tied to an individual, not a night..

Maybe, it'd be interesting to see but my gut tells me his nightactions are tied to an individual, not a night..

Really? I'd think the opposite. It really doesn't seem right that Doggin would set the game up with Cabot "designed" to get an investigation on scum from the get go. I'd think that there would be more randomness involved. But....

It could be interesting to see him target Sonny.

This works, too.

Really? I'd think the opposite. It really doesn't seem right that Doggin would set the game up with Cabot "designed" to get an investigation on scum from the get go. I'd think that there would be more randomness involved. But....

Yes. I believe random means random. Frank's theory seems too biased.

To be safe however it may work to try Sonny. Since I presume we will focus on Carlito and Joe tomorrow.

Though if Cabot is not town-sided, it does not matter what we tell him to do.

This works, too.

Yes. I believe random means random. Frank's theory seems too biased.

To be safe however it may work to try Sonny. Since I presume we will focus on Carlito and Joe tomorrow.

Though if Cabot is not town-sided, it does not matter what we tell him to do.

In every game I've played that doggin has modded, he's always said random, 25% chance of this, 50% chances of that, and almost every single time he acheived these odds by dividing up the players. It wasn't a random dice role every night, it was predetermined based on the player roster. If you took an action against player A it would work, against player B it wouldn't, that was 50% odds to doggin. I could explain with an example, but I'd give myself away ;)

That being said, I think goign after Carlito again isn't a bad idea, just worried he'll either get silenced or pretend to get silenced..

In every game I've played that doggin has modded, he's always said random, 25% chance of this, 50% chances of that, and almost every single time he acheived these odds by dividing up the players. It wasn't a random dice role every night, it was predetermined based on the player roster. If you took an action against player A it would work, against player B it wouldn't, that was 50% odds to doggin. I could explain with an example, but I'd give myself away ;)

That being said, I think goign after Carlito again isn't a bad idea, just worried he'll either get silenced or pretend to get silenced..

I think its a little late for that my friend. :P

I dont think its overall a good idea to keep throwing around names of people for Joe to use his action on. That is just making targets for the scum tonight.

Joe please refrain for dropping any names that you are targeting for your action.

I don't know about that. His power is potentially dangerous. I think it's appropriate discussion. If he were a vig, we'd probably be aggressively discussing it - and the fact is that he could potentially be a vig tonight. He needs to be careful about who he chooses to use it on.

I dont think its overall a good idea to keep throwing around names of people for Joe to use his action on. That is just making targets for the scum tonight.

Joe please refrain for dropping any names that you are targeting for your action.

I have no problems with people throwing out suggestions and giving me things to think about. But beyond what I've already said, I have no intentions of giving any sort of further insight into my decision.

just wanted to mention to you punks that due in no small part to this game I have Netflixed Godfather 1 and 2 and will ffinally get around to watching them this weekend.

Not sure why I've haven't watched them until now.

It's a good thing you're already dead because people would have lynched your ass for not seeing GF I & II.

Archived