NFL Union, NFL Players and the Uncapped 2010 Year ~ PFT.com

i get the feeling most fans don't care, they just don't want a work stoppage. as baseball and hockey show, a work stoppage is really hard to recover from

You are right for the most part, but the NFL is a teflon league.

Players involved in crime and/or Roids are virtually forgotten within weeks.

I think a good thing for the NFL is college football. Unlike MLB or NHL, there is not like there is a complete devoid vacuum of football if a lockout/strike were to happen.

The NFL would take a hit, but we would quickly come back.

If the NFL were to lockout it would be the worst thing EVER. That cannot happen. Simply because for most of us on this board, the NFL is our #1 (in terms of favorite sport), otherwise we'd be on a MLB, NHL or NBA team message board. I do not think that it will come to that though, they will work something out.

I just hope that in 2011 and beyond that there is a cap. Don't ruin a good thing.

And the NCAA would be good, PFSIKH, if they had a playoff and the National Champion wasn't a fraud each and every year.

i get the feeling most fans don't care, they just don't want a work stoppage. as baseball and hockey show, a work stoppage is really hard to recover from

Well, most fans should care.

Call me pessimistic, but I have little faith in a new CBA or extension getting done. IMO, the owners had a friend in Gene Upshaw, but this new guy is digging his heels in for the long haul.

If the NFL were to lockout it would be the worst thing EVER. That cannot happen. Simply because for most of us on this board, the NFL is our #1 (in terms of favorite sport), otherwise we'd be on a MLB, NHL or NBA team message board. I do not think that it will come to that though, they will work something out.

I just hope that in 2011 and beyond that there is a cap. Don't ruin a good thing.

And the NCAA would be good, PFSIKH, if they had a playoff and the National Champion wasn't a fraud each and every year.

the worst thing ever? Umm not all of us post on the board 24/7, we will just embrace our other hobbies :cheers:

Too much money involved. For all the rhetoric, the players know if money is cut from the TV package, they are losing money before the owners.

My point is, unlike NBA, MLB or the NHL, the NFL has a replacement 'fix' that is almost as big as itself. CFB is talked about almost as much in the off season as the NFL. If you want to watch football, it is there.

My point is, unlike NBA, MLB or the NHL, the NFL has a replacement 'fix' that is almost as big as itself. CFB is talked about almost as much in the off season as the NFL. If you want to watch football, it is there.

college football has no playoff system, and it's title game isn't nearly as hyped as the SUPERBOWL

the NFL is not replacable

Archived