JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

Where did I say that day 1 wasn't important? I said there was a good chance we lynch an innocent. That doesn't mean it's not important.

I really don't know any other way to interpret your post below. Seems to me that you were more then willing to lynch an inactive rather then risk the most likely outcome of lynching an innocent whose participating.

Not to say this isn't logic I agree with, I'm wondering why you only offered reasons to vote with no actual votes. It stinks of scum trying to push a lynch without being on the train.

Chances are we lynch town today anyway, might as well be him if he's not going to play. If he doesn't start soon, I think I'll join you.

A vote that puts someone 1 vote from lynch is definitely important. Especially when we have to wait until Monday for the results.

Yes, and again, the post above occurred when Frank had 5 votes, not 7 and also well before the "jews can so camp" expedition that our beloved moderator is on. There was plenty of time to put vote #6 on him and see if the lynch could occur prior to friday..

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Am I getting on your nerves? Why are you so testy? Your dbagness isnt as good as mine...probably because I am joking and having fun and you are serious and pathetic.

Really? Its a little early for this. How can you be so confident?

Weak. Your case is one of the weakest cases I have ever seen. Dont tell me you are voting for me because of my voting history on day 1. You are voting for me for 2 reasons, 1) im an ******* and you suck at this game 2) I voted for you and you suck at this game.

Everyone is all over the place. Everyone has voted for multiple people. The case you have made against me, you can make against at least 5 other players.

Your case is weak and you know it. And the fact that you are sticking to such a weak case is scummy.

You know what, at least we can agree you're a prick. And a cowardly prick at that. Because odds are you don't act like such a douche when people know who you are (on the interwebs, no less).

You COMPLETELY discount the idea that you jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon on day one has any importance. The fact that you continue to discount it, and continue to try and disguse everyones vote for you as a vote because you're a prick, is EXTREMELY SCUMMY (as you would say).

Anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by your words. And for the record, I may suck at this game, but at least, like you, I don't suck at this game AND act like a douche. At least I have one thing in my corner.

I still think people are missing the boat on Ace but since my vote does no good there right now I'll have to stay on Frank.

Just went back and read and there's something that doesn't seem right about the Fredo witch hunt. I'm not saying he's clean but to me there are better choices. I'm sticking with Frank not only for the infrequent posting but also his posts when he did show up. Seems like he's just trying to jump on whatever train is in full swing instead of examining others. I also wasn't fond of the "satisfied" quip or the "ok here are the reasons I'm voting for Fredo" post. It looked a bit to me like someone was coaching him up.

I want to reitterate that Ace is still my # 1 choice and not because he's the omnipotent Doggin. To trust him could be disasterous for the town.

You know what, at least we can agree you're a prick. And a cowardly prick at that. Because odds are you don't act like such a douche when people know who you are (on the interwebs, no less).

You COMPLETELY discount the idea that you jumping from bandwagon to bandwagon on day one has any importance. The fact that you continue to discount it, and continue to try and disguse everyones vote for you as a vote because you're a prick, is EXTREMELY SCUMMY (as you would say).

Anyone who believes otherwise is blinded by your words. And for the record, I may suck at this game, but at least, like you, I don't suck at this game AND act like a douche. At least I have one thing in my corner.

Jeez lighten up Fredo - it's only a game.

I really don't know any other way to interpret your post below. Seems to me that you were more then willing to lynch an inactive rather then risk the most likely outcome of lynching an innocent whose participating.

Not to say this isn't logic I agree with, I'm wondering why you only offered reasons to vote with no actual votes. It stinks of scum trying to push a lynch without being on the train.

Yes, and again, the post above occurred when Frank had 5 votes, not 7 and also well before the "jews can so camp" expedition that our beloved moderator is on. There was plenty of time to put vote #6 on him and see if the lynch could occur prior to friday..

First of all, lynching an inactive is like hedging a bet. It's not a throwaway worthless lynch that isn't important.

Second of all, you're ignoring the fact that he hadn't shown up when I made my initial post regarding my potentially voting for him. I said I might vote for him if he didn't show up. Then I continued waiting for him, and an hour later, he was at 7 votes. You think I should have voted for him and put him a vote away from being lynched without him showing up and even having a chance to reveal a role? And you say that the fact that I didn't reeks of scum? That's completely ridiculous.

I find it unlikely to that scum would bus so quickly on day 1 and would rather lynch Fredo because of it.

If however, Frank does get lynched and turns up innocent, I'd suggest that Virgil be examined, because he's been fanning the flames of a Frank lynch for awhile now without actually voting.

You're really pushing this hard when there is clearly nothing there. How many times do I have to say the same things over and over again? And now you're trying to set me up for a day 2 lynch? You know if Frank is innocent because you're scum, maybe?

Ok, so here's where we stand right now:

Fredo (6) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Tony Montana, Ace, Al Capone, Frank Costello

Henry Hill (3) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus, Nicky

Frank Costello (7) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Michael Corleone, Lefty

So Fredo needs three more votes and I need two for the day to end, which ends a little bit more than 24 hours from now. Those on the Henry lynch are probably best off picking me or Fredo, unless a really convincing argument can be made to get everyone to vote Henry... something that won't happen, since it hasn't happened yet.

Obviously the pressure isn't on yet, since we still have a day, but since the trains have all stalled it seemed a prudent moment to prod people out of the ruts we're all in a bit. I'd rather I die than we end up with a random lynch due to a lack of majority vote. Of course, I'd rather if I don't die at all.

First of all, lynching an inactive is like hedging a bet. It's not a throwaway worthless lynch that isn't important.

Second of all, you're ignoring the fact that he hadn't shown up when I made my initial post regarding my potentially voting for him. I said I might vote for him if he didn't show up. Then I continued waiting for him, and an hour later, he was at 7 votes. You think I should have voted for him and put him a vote away from being lynched without him showing up and even having a chance to reveal a role? And you say that the fact that I didn't reeks of scum? That's completely ridiculous.

You're really pushing this hard when there is clearly nothing there. How many times do I have to say the same things over and over again? And now you're trying to set me up for a day 2 lynch? You know if Frank is innocent because you're scum, maybe?

I have no clue if Frank is scum or not, although the speed of his train, which you allude to above, is what makes me think no.. I just can't see scum bussing as teammate so early, especially considering this is a standard game with no scum traitors or anything.

I don't ever remember a day 1 train on scum that moved this quickly..

I have no clue if Frank is scum or not, although the speed of his train, which you allude to above, is what makes me think no.. I just can't see scum bussing as teammate so early, especially considering this is a standard game with no scum traitors or anything.

I don't ever remember a day 1 train on scum that moved this quickly..

Irish Jet and his magical "well, I'm waiting" 3.2 minutes after asking the question:suicide2:

Relax buddy, I'm just having fun.

I am not discounting your case on me for bandwagon voting, I just think its ridiculous. Everyone has voted for multiple people, at many different spots. The idea that the 3 spot is the end all be all scum tell is absurd. Like I said, before, you could make the same case against 5 different players.

The bottom line is, you have not defended well. Do I know 100% that you are scum, of course not, but you're not helping your case by sticking to something that is weak and letting me get under your skin. I am the type of player that likes to create a little chaos and see how players respond. Early in the game, its my way of figuring out who to vote. You fell victim and I am not impressed with how you handled it. That's all.

My comments and attacks are all in fun, I have said that numerous times and you are still letting them get to you. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Ok, so here's where we stand right now:

So Fredo needs three more votes and I need two for the day to end, which ends a little bit more than 24 hours from now. Those on the Henry lynch are probably best off picking me or Fredo, unless a really convincing argument can be made to get everyone to vote Henry... something that won't happen, since it hasn't happened yet.

Obviously the pressure isn't on yet, since we still have a day, but since the trains have all stalled it seemed a prudent moment to prod people out of the ruts we're all in a bit. I'd rather I die than we end up with a random lynch due to a lack of majority vote. Of course, I'd rather if I don't die at all.

Now you want to be a martyr?

If I was on the verge of getting lynched I'd be defending myself a bit more vigorously Frank. But then again, I'm innocent.

Now you want to be a martyr?

If I was on the verge of getting lynched I'd be defending myself a bit more vigorously Frank. But then again, I'm innocent.

Yeah, the martyr play is lame.

I voted to spur Frank into activity and with 24 hrs left before deadline he hasn't given us much. With the options being him or Fredo, I don't see any reason to switch. Frank's vote for Fredo was a self preservation move, which is understandable, but then to try and claim it was based on someone else's reasoning (when such reasoning wasn't really given) is a no go for me.

Relax buddy, I'm just having fun.

I am not discounting your case on me for bandwagon voting, I just think its ridiculous. Everyone has voted for multiple people, at many different spots. The idea that the 3 spot is the end all be all scum tell is absurd. Like I said, before, you could make the same case against 5 different players.

The bottom line is, you have not defended well. Do I know 100% that you are scum, of course not, but you're not helping your case by sticking to something that is weak and letting me get under your skin. I am the type of player that likes to create a little chaos and see how players respond. Early in the game, its my way of figuring out who to vote. You fell victim and I am not impressed with how you handled it. That's all.

My comments and attacks are all in fun, I have said that numerous times and you are still letting them get to you. Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Hey buddy, I'm just playing along. I'm not THAT thin skinned ;). When the game is over I'll pat you on the back, say good (and fun) game, and walk away. After all, I've been more involved and in the forefront than ever before, because of you, lol. And being nice to everyone has gotten me killed before end game every time, so maybe playing the part of a prick as well will get me there? Douche bag.

I've really not got much to defend myself with, I was inactive due to RL and thats why you all voted for me; I came back, made my points, provided you reasoning for my votes when you asked, and now I'm attempting to move the game forward.

If you'd like I can repeat Ace's point about the likelyhood of scum going after their own team on day one being rather minimal. Especially since with a successful prod of the votes (which it was successful here) would typically result in people going after somebody else. Seems like a total waste, especially since basically nobody has switched their vote since I did become more active.

Fredo (5) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Ace, Al Capone, Frank Costello

Henry Hill (3) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus, Nicky

Frank Costello (7) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Michael Corleone, Lefty

Virgil (1) - Tony Montana

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Monday, High Noon.

Frank, i fear that you have really put yourself in a tough spot, with your very limited participation, due to RL, and the brevity of the posts that you have, in an attempt to catch up and become a contributing player.

I'm not even saying that you're scummy, I just think that you haven't dome much to make me switch my vote. That said, I will give serious consideration to Fredo before noon tomorrow.

Once Frank showed up, I expected people to quickly jump off of his train. He did receive most (if not all) of his votes before he made his third post in the thread. His first post back seemed innocent enough.

Hi folks, so it turns out that my brother graduated(school used to do grad in October until this year, so I wasn't expecting that) amongst about 8 other different things over the last two days, so thats why I've been gone. I'm also going away this weekend and will be hit and miss until Monday (I'll have Internet, just no guarantee's that I'll be able to use it), however, I am caught up on the game right now. As of Monday I'll be able to be here one hundred percent of the time.

Having read through the game I think Henry Hill rings a bell as the most suspicious in his attempts to play like EY did last game. His vote on Fredo at that point wasn't just random since the random game-opening votes had been done for days, but his reasoning was one meant to keep him under the radar I think. Also, he really got nasty and very defensive when people called him out on it.

vote: Henry Hill

Maybe it seems innocent enough to me because I also find Henry suspicious, but it did. So then his next post didn't sit right with me.

I have gone back and re-read the last four or so pages, and I think that Al makes a good case on Fredo

unvote: Henry

Vote: Fredo

Henry's the other guy trying to make a good case against Fredo. In fact, the way Henry was pushing that case is one of the reasons I haven't moved my vote. It seemed way to forceful for the evidence at hand on day one. He's since toned it down, I guess realizing that the dickhead persona wasn't really working for him. I don't know.

But it seems odd that Frank would go from Henry to the guy that Henry thinks is guilty.

Ok, the reasons of Al

Fredo (5) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Ace, Al Capone, Frank Costello

Henry Hill (2) - Fredo Corleone, Nicky

Frank Costello (8) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano, John Rooney, Michael Corleone, Lefty, Marcellus Wallace

Virgil (1) - Tony Montana

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Monday, High Noon.

But it seems odd that Frank would go from Henry to the guy that Henry thinks is guilty.

I didn't like this post, either. Points one and two do not formulate much of a case at all, in my opinion. An actual third point would've been helpful here.

Not really, its day 1… there isn’t strong cases on anybody; I changed my mind after re-reading the previous few pages and decided that Fredo appeared more suspicious than Henry for the stated reasons. Henry isn’t appearing any less innocent than he was. For my reasons as to why they are both suspicious, please refer back to the posts where I pointed them out.

And I don't like the martyrdom posting, either, as Lefty and Soprano said.

Not martyrdom, just saying it how it is, which you agreed with me on it right after saying that with this:

But for now, I don't feel comfortable bouncing from Henry to the guy Henry's voting for, and feeling like I'm one of the guys who might be holding things up for the worse, I'm going to unvote: Henry

and vote: Frank Costello

I'm not convinced that Frank's dirty, but clearly we're at a standstill here and I like the case against him better than the one against Fredo.

So compare that to what Henry has been saying about Fredo, as well as Ace’s point of the likelihood of me being voted by scum-partners if I were scum, and you’ll see where I am the worse pick of us two to vote for.

Ok well here's where I'm at. If I jump over to Frank, regardless of if he flips scum/town, I look scummy. If I stay where I'm at, as has already been brought up (by Tony Montana I believe?), it can be written off as scummy behavior by trying to distance by myself and not trying to self-preserve.

So I can vote him now, and insure I live another day. We're not going to pick up enough steam to get rid of Henry, obviously, which means in the end it's either going to be me or Fredo. It just doesn't make sense from any standpoint, for me to risk the chance I go down (as Franks's now had ample time to role reveal). I'm not sure I buy Frank being scum, but I know I'm not, and since I've been around more than Frank and think I have more to offer the town, it would be dumb to keep my vote on Henry.

Unvote: Henry Hill

Vote: Frank Costello

1. Tony Montana
  2. Henry Hill
  3. Lefty Ruggerio
  4. John Rooney
  5. Carlito Brigante
  6. Al Capone
  7. Ace Rothstein
  8. Marcellus Wallace
  9. Nicky Santoro
  10. Sonny LoSpecchio
  11. Michael Corleone
  12. Tommy DeVito
  13. Tony Soprano
  14. Frank Costello - Day 1 - Account Cancelled
  15. Vito Corleone
  16. Virgil Sollozo
  17. Fredo Corleone

ghey.. fos everyone who voted frank with a caveat as to their reservations in regards to doing so. Lefty, tony and I believe marcellius.. Special fos to Virgil who fanned this flame without ever voting..

I bet you had that post prepared well before that lynch. Did you have your NK prepared too?

Anyway, I would have waited until closer to the deadline to hammer, but based on how slow the game moved over the weekend I don't blame them for finishing it. There wasn't going to be another realistic option presented in time to avoid the random lynch unless someone did something incredibly stupid. Frank/Fredo were obviously much better options than a random lynch; I would have been happy with either. It was coming time to make a decision even if it was between two relatively thin cases.

At that point there was one choice to be made - Fredo or Frank meaning which did you find more scummy. If you weren't happy voting for Frank then you should have voted for Fredo and vice versa.

Personally, I'm concerned with the guys who didn't take a stance on one of the two once it became clear that we had to make that decision. (Montana, Nicky, Sonny) Those are the ones who really wanted to keep themselves clean and my guess is that at least one of those three are scum.

I'm not too upset that we lynched him to be honest. Based on his poor effort, after he finally showed up I'm not convinced he would have been active without constant pressure on him, and that would have been a waste of time.

Ehhh kind of sucks, because Frank was obviously innocent IMO, but the problem with Day 1 voting is there are a lot town members that probably knew that but still wanted to facilitate the process.

FWIW, and I dont know how much we can take away from this, but I do find it slightly ironic that the 2 people pushing hardest for me on an extremely weak case are the 2 that changed their votes to drop the hammer.

Frank I figured you'd be looking at this as an opportunity. With 8 votes you now have the option of self voting yourself to the grave since you'd much rather die than see a random lynch. Right?

This post makes no sense at all. Why would you even say this 14 hours from the deadline? We knew Frank wasn't Irish Jet, so it's not like (if he was so inclined) he wouldn't have been able to do this at the deadline, if necessary - so what possible reason could an innocent have for self-voting "to prevent a random lynch" with that much time left to go?

Just seems like it was designed to incite people to finally hammer Frank, and given the timing of the final two votes, it seems to have worked.

Wow, unless you two were not going to be able to vote this morning, why make the hammer votes last night? :confused:

I don't have a problem with that - Frank had said his piece, if they weren't convinced and thought Frank was a better candidate than Fredo, what's the point of waiting for deadline?

This post makes no sense at all. Why would you even say this 14 hours from the deadline? We knew Frank wasn't Irish Jet, so it's not like (if he was so inclined) he wouldn't have been able to do this at the deadline, if necessary - so what possible reason could an innocent have for self-voting "to prevent a random lynch" with that much time left to go?

Just seems like it was designed to incite people to finally hammer Frank, and given the timing of the final two votes, it seems to have worked.

I feel the same way and thought the same thing when I saw that...kind of a scummy thing to say.

I don't have a problem with that - Frank had said his piece, if they weren't convinced and thought Frank was a better candidate than Fredo, what's the point of waiting for deadline?

The only problem I see is that it was the same 2 people really pushing a weak case against me and it wasnt too long between votes that both of them decided to move. And you know they already had the built in excuse that they were moving votes because they werent gaining any headway voting me.

Dont know if that means anything but since I know they were pushing me, I figured I would point it out. It might be too obvious to link them as a team, they are dumb but I dont think they are that dumb.

Meh. Like i said, odds were we were hitting town, but at least it wasn't a power role and we have some fresh info to work with now that we have a verified inno. I suspect that at least one or two of scum/ mj would be on this train and if mafia is somewhat competent they would likely have spread out their votes.

Also, how was the jewish campoff EY?

Meh. Like i said, odds were we were hitting town, but at least it wasn't a power role and we have some fresh info to work with now that we have a verified inno. I suspect that at least one or two of scum/ mj would be on this train and if mafia is somewhat competent they would likely have spread out their votes.

Also, how was the jewish campoff EY?

It was a blast, thanks.

Archived