JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Slapdick? I like that. Can I be referred to as "Slappy" for the rest of the game?

To your point, I have no response to idiocy.

However, I do feel bad, I was just trying to carry on the persona of Henry Hill that EY set last game. Sorry for being a distraction.

I was just trying to have some fun. You guys are way too sensitive and looking way too far into this. If I was roled up, I wouldnt be creating all this attention.

Go ahead an unvote me and focus on something more concrete. Just because I am an ******* doesnt mean you should vote me off.

But its fun being an *******, can I at least continue to act like I am required to be an ******* without feeling heat?

Slappy, I don't know what you mean. I don't think anyone's really offended. Keep acting like a slapdick, I for one don't care/mind. But you know, lot's behavior draws attention, being too friendly, being too silent, being MIA, or in your case, being an anus. ;)

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Ace (2) - Lefty, Michael Corleone

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (3) - Virgil, Henry Hill, Al Capone

Henry Hill (3) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus, Nicky

Frank Costello (4) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano

Tony Soprano (1) - Tony Montana

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Monday, High Noon.

Lefy wont be able to sit for awhile after that spanken. lol. Good thing he's not one of those 3 lettered morons.

Now that Ace is doggin, my intial case on him doesn't is weakened. I was thinking Ace might have been a newer player that changed directions as soon as getting pressured. I'll have to reread.

Technicality. If you want to go around quoting 18th century phrases instead of the one used today than more power to you.

In England they call Cigarettes fags and elevators lifts. Start adding those to your conversations in America and see if anyone calls you out on it. ;)

Oh, so I'm the *******?

There's a lot of people begging for modkills!

I thought you were brilliant. Others thought you were an *******, so I am trying my best to uphold that legacy.

Slappy, I don't know what you mean. I don't think anyone's really offended. Keep acting like a slapdick, I for one don't care/mind. But you know, lot's behavior draws attention, being too friendly, being too silent, being MIA, or in your case, being an anus. ;)

Well thank you Vito. I like being an anus. Its just more fun that way.

I was hoping that some would get a giggle out of it. It seems that not the case. So I say ****'em. Only dumb asses will be voting for me.

The problem with the above quote is the 2nd sentence. Lefty didn't give "plenty of reasons." If anything, Lefty is mischaracterizing his own posts. He essentially gave 3 reasons, 2 of which could be combined as I noted above.

So where does that leave me on this? I think this was a battle of egos. Lefty's mentioning of SMC, Pac, CTM, etc. is an obvious chest puffing move. Then we have Doggin, whose ego could rival EYs (:D). With these 2 egos it's likely they pissed each other off. It was distracting, but with this ego play I'm not comfortable following either's lead.

Anthony I respect your opinion but this is paralysis by over analysis. The "plenty of reasons" comment was in part referring to the post I made that had Dog Rothsteins first 6 posts. The number of posts I included and the amount of time compiling them played into my use of the word "plenty". Capice?

If you go back and read I think I've given just as many, if not more, reasons for my vote than others have about theirs.

Incidentally I'm still confused why many seem to have said "oh it's Doggin - forget it he's clean". He can be Doggin and still be guilty.

Anthony I respect your opinion but this is paralysis by over analysis. The "plenty of reasons" comment was in part referring to the post I made that had Dog Rothsteins first 6 posts. The number of posts I included and the amount of time compiling them played into my use of the word "plenty". Capice?

If you go back and read I think I've given just as many, if not more, reasons for my vote than others have about theirs.

Incidentally I'm still confused why many seem to have said "oh it's Doggin - forget it he's clean". He can be Doggin and still be guilty.

Jeeze, just when I was leaning towards believing I had misread you, you go and confirm it.

You were referring to the posts about banter.

I specifically referenced the "banter" reason in my post, yet you admit now that your response was claiming I hadn't.

I was going to switch off of Lefty, but I really think lynch all liars comes into play here, guys.

Oh, I agree, just because he's Doggin doesn't mean he's innocent. I think him outing himself neuters him, however. The threat of Doggin is that he can manipulate people. With the alts he could hide and act nefariously if he's scum. Now, knowing who he is, I'm not inclined to listen to anything he says.

That said, like I mentioned earlier, I don't want to fall into the trap of voting Doggin just because he's Doggin.

I understand the paralysis by analysis point. I just wanted to look back at the exchange like I said I would and share my thoughts. Ultimately, I don't either you or Dogstein mischaracterized each other's points. It seems more like to rams butting horns. Because of that, I wouldn't want to follow his or your direction at this early time.

unvote

vote Tony Soprano

Seems eager to pounce on fastest train to me.

Understandable conclusion.

My vote for Frank is to prod him into action. I don't like coasters early because (1) as scum it's easy to hide and (2) if town, they can screw the game up later.

Frank has 2 posts in this game. He says on 6/23 that he's going out for drinks and will post later, which he hasn't. So unless he's in the hospital with alcohol poising he should have at least chimed in with something useful by now.

Finally, I was what? The 4th or 5th vote? He needs 9 to lynch, so he is far from being in danger.

Jeeze, just when I was leaning towards believing I had misread you, you go and confirm it.

You were referring to the posts about banter.

I specifically referenced the "banter" reason in my post, yet you admit now that your response was claiming I hadn't.

I was going to switch off of Lefty, but I really think lynch all liars comes into play here, guys.

I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent guy but I don't even know what your "point" is anymore. Something about me not including a sentence right?

Glad you have your confirmation. :rolleyes:

I like to think I'm a fairly intelligent guy but I don't even know what your "point" is anymore. Something about me not including a sentence right?

Glad you have your confirmation. :rolleyes:

Lets see:

1) I reply to your posts, including, specifically, to the "banter" point

2) Your response? You accuse me of mischaracterizing you because, you say (falsely), I didn't respond to the banter point

In other words, you leveled a strong accusation at me - "mischaracterizing" is, in my book, about as bad as lying. And you did it while cheerleading to have me lynched.

You've now admitted that the accusation was false.

Minimize that all you want, but making a false accusation (not just wrong, but false) is good enough reason to lynch someone, IMO.

Understandable conclusion.

My vote for Frank is to prod him into action. I don't like coasters early because (1) as scum it's easy to hide and (2) if town, they can screw the game up later.

Frank has 2 posts in this game. He says on 6/23 that he's going out for drinks and will post later, which he hasn't. So unless he's in the hospital with alcohol poising he should have at least chimed in with something useful by now.

Finally, I was what? The 4th or 5th vote? He needs 9 to lynch, so he is far from being in danger.

Which is why I took my vote of Ace to change the focus onto Frank. He did say he had things to do, but only 2 quick posts without much after that at this point during the day seems a bit slow to me.

Lets see:

1) I reply to your posts, including, specifically, to the "banter" point

2) Your response? You accuse me of mischaracterizing you because, you say (falsely), I didn't respond to the banter point

In other words, you leveled a strong accusation at me - "mischaracterizing" is, in my book, about as bad as lying. And you did it while cheerleading to have me lynched.

You've now admitted that the accusation was false.

Minimize that all you want, but making a false accusation (not just wrong, but false) is good enough reason to lynch someone, IMO.

My use of the word mischaracterizing had to do with you reducing my points into 1 sentence cases like "vote off ace for being helpful" and "he's being too friendly".

Go back and look counselor... I never accused you of not addressing my banter point. What are you even talking about?

I've learned in games past not to freak out over a couple of votes, but the "I'm voting for Fredo because he lied last game" and leaving it at that is a bit much. That added into a quick little research shows he's jumped into the middle of all 3 trains that have picked up any steam on day 1. So it's suspicious.

That, and all that's been said was essentially I didn't bring enough to the table (which i did slightly refute, with no response from Capone), and that my initial questioning of Sonny "rubbing me the wrong way" was scummier than Sonny. There's not really much I can do other than ask "what am I doing that's so scummy?" and regardless of your response and how I react, it could/would be spun as scummy.

If I'm asked a specific question I'll answer it best I can, but I just didn't see the point in reacting to a couple of votes when it takes 9 to kill. It's come back to bite me on at least 2 other occasions, I believe 3, so I figured I'd wait and see if it became a bigger deal.

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. your vote on Sonny just seemed scummy to me. He was under pressure and decided to throw a vote out at an inactive. You thought this was scummy. It makes me wonder what you think he should have done?

The other thing is you seemed really ok with getting Michael of the table quick as possible. Maybe it was just because he's a newb. Maybe not.

unvote Fredo Im not convinced either way with you but the game is picking up and others are peaking my interest. So good luck and happy hunting.

A few things:

1) Personally, I don't feel like Sonny was examined thoroughly enough, but I will unvote Sonny for now as that looks like that isn't going anywhere at the moment. Although I do find in interesting that the moment the train started to collapse, we've started to hear less and less from him. Also, in regards to the earlier trains, I would like Michael to come back and give us some more of his insight. Just because you are a new player, doesn't mean you get a free pass to lurk ;) Out of the two, Sonny still concerns me more.

2) I'm all for pressuring inactives. Especially in large games where it seems the majority of attention goes to the most active posters, it seems that you can skate on by relatively unscathed by echoing comments of a few players, or letting people duke it out themselves. If you are an inactive townie, I urge you to pick up the activity not only for the game's sake, but it gives scum less to hide behind. More contributions= more information to make lynches. I'll be perfectly honest, if he's a deadweight townie, i won't really shed that many tears for him either if he get's lynched. So Frank, please enlighten us with your thoughts in the game because your contributions have been nada thus far.

Vote: Frank Costello

Sorry I didn't respond sooner. your vote on Sonny just seemed scummy to me. He was under pressure and decided to throw a vote out at an inactive. You thought this was scummy. It makes me wonder what you think he should have done?

The other thing is you seemed really ok with getting Michael of the table quick as possible. Maybe it was just because he's a newb. Maybe not.

unvote Fredo Im not convinced either way with you but the game is picking up and others are peaking my interest. So good luck and happy hunting.

I think we're actually slowing down a little bit. Which guys are peaking your interest?

:confused:

So, uh . . . now banter is a sign of scumminess? In that case, Norway'd better never sign up for a game again. Or JiF. Or Crusher. Or . . . well, me.

So, to recap:

1) You're defending people you have no reason to know or really strongly think are innocent (unless, of course, you do know, b/c you're scum);

2) You're voting for me for weak reasons at best ("you bantered before the game really started! Scum!") and scummy reasons at worst ("Ace is being helpful. Lets lynch him!")

Yeah, I'm pretty comfortable where my vote is.

I think I've given you a little more than "lets lynch Ace because he's being helpful".

Anyone paying attention will see through your attempts to mischaracterize my position.

I think we're the only ones that care about this exchange but in the interests of disclosure this is what has Dog Rothsteins hair on fire.

I was specifically addressing point #2 where he blatantly tries to belittle my points into 1 sentence cases which I felt was mischaracterizing my position. He's used this harmless sentence to manufacture a "case" against me that he keeps droning on about. :confused:

2) I'm all for pressuring inactives. Especially in large games where it seems the majority of attention goes to the most active posters, it seems that you can skate on by relatively unscathed by echoing comments of a few players, or letting people duke it out themselves. If you are an inactive townie, I urge you to pick up the activity not only for the game's sake, but it gives scum less to hide behind. More contributions= more information to make lynches. I'll be perfectly honest, if he's a deadweight townie, i won't really shed that many tears for him either if he get's lynched. So Frank, please enlighten us with your thoughts in the game because your contributions have been nada thus far.

Vote: Frank Costello

Chances are we lynch town today anyway, might as well be him if he's not going to play. If he doesn't start soon, I think I'll join you.

Chances are we lynch town today anyway, might as well be him if he's not going to play. If he doesn't start soon, I think I'll join you.

I definitely agree with you. My vote at the moment is a vote to pressure and not one to lynch. If he comes back and I am satisfied with his responses I am okay with unvoting him. It's not by coincidence that some wise guys start to come back quickly and react in interesting ways once they get to 2 or 3 away from a lynch.

I think we're actually slowing down a little bit. Which guys are peaking your interest?

Mostly Henry, Frank, Michael. Turk give me some time and I'll get into it. Not ready to vote, I want a chance to read again.

Don't get me wrong. Fredo is still of great interest to me but he defended ok and I don't see anything happening with him. You, myself and Henry are the only three left on him and Henry voted for him because of last game. That struck me as funny at first because I was Fredo last game.

Fredo's case on Henry came at a very odd time but you still can't totally discount it.

Mostly Henry, Frank, Michael. Turk give me some time and I'll get into it. Not ready to vote, I want a chance to read again.

Don't get me wrong. Fredo is still of great interest to me but he defended ok and I don't see anything happening with him. You, myself and Henry are the only three left on him and Henry voted for him because of last game. That struck me as funny at first because I was Fredo last game.

Fredo's case on Henry came at a very odd time but you still can't totally discount it.

Thanks, Al Crupone

Sonny (1) - Rooney

Ace (2) - Lefty, Michael Corleone

Lefty (1) - Ace

Fredo (2) - Virgil, Henry Hill

Henry Hill (3) - Fredo Corleone, Marcellus, Nicky

Frank Costello (5) - Carlito, Tommy Devito, Vito Corleone, Tony Soprano, John Rooney

Tony Soprano (1) - Tony Montana

With 17 players, it takes 9 to lynch.

Monday, High Noon.

Archived