JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have gone back and re-read the last four or so pages, and I think that Al makes a good case on Fredo

unvote: Henry

Vote: Fredo

This is pretty ****ed up.

Not only is this severe bandwagon hopping to the guy who's closest to you in votes but also because Al Capone has made one posts since you last voted and that post was simply reinforcing his earlier case. You said in your first vote (for Henry) that you were "caught up on the game right now" so what has came up since that has made you change your mind? Other than Fredo suddenly recieving a lot of votes.

I'm leaving my vote on Costello.

Not only is this severe bandwagon hopping to the guy who's closest to you in votes but also because Al Capone has made one posts since you last voted and that post was simply reinforcing his earlier case. You said in your first vote (for Henry) that you were "caught up on the game right now" so what has came up since that has made you change your mind? Other than Fredo suddenly recieving a lot of votes.

\

I'd be worried if he wasn't voting fredo personally.

\

I'd be worried if he wasn't voting fredo personally.

Really? I find self-preservation votes to be scummier myself. Look at last game, Lefty did something to that affect on day 1 of that game and successfully wiggled out of trouble. It seems more to me that scum just does anything to try and survive.

Or are you saying that you find fredo to be scummier and that voting Fredo assures you of Frank's status?

Its hard to respond to votes when you are busy fondling little boys.

Bite me, douchebag. That fair enough game for you?

I can't reveal anything to save myself, as I don't have a role of any kind. I'm not scum, but when/if you guys lynch me it'll be written off as a)he was acting really scummy anyways, and b)well someone has to die day 1, so it might as well have been him. The fact that I'm going to be going down probably points to Henry not being scum, as to set him up after I'm dead to take the big fall. Still, I dont get the train jumping, but if another moron posts that the only reason he's getting votes is because of his attitude, I'll snap. Seriously, do I have to repeat myself A THOUSAND MORE TIMES? Read, you morons.

There, maybe if I act like the dbag it'll help my cause. Probably not at this point. Happy hunting.

Agreed. I get on to find my train has picked up extreme steam, and if Frank shows up I'm a goner, essentially is the feel I get. Saying that Al makes good points when he really just went back to where he was in the first place is bush league and lazy, looking for the easiest lynch at best. Fact is, people (including myself) aren't going to want to kill Frank without him showing up, so a shorter train picking up steam is the easier kill.

Ok, so Frank is here now. Was just reacting to the votes on me. Here's a list of suspects/innocents for me.

Suspicous

Tony Montana -- something's off with him. If I'm alive long enough to, I'll try and throw a case together like I did with Henry.

Henry Hill -- I've already been there with Henry. However, like I said, if I go down, I don't THINK he's scum. Seems like too easy a set up.

Innocent

Vito Corleone -- Has been very consistent, and if he were scum, leading the train on an innocent on day 1 wouldn't be a good call. I feel fairly confident he's innocent.

Al Capone -- Have a good feeling about him, with the amount of attention he's drawn to himself. I think he's trying to play things safe, but again, I feel fairly confident in him.

Ace -- Feel really good about him.

Michael -- I said in the first place I thought he was just making a rookie mistake. Scum would have done a better job coaching him from the beginning, IMO.

I might just switch my vote over to Frank anyway since he didn't reveal. He comes back, parrots some stuff that other people had said about Henry and adds that he (Henry) of all people was trying to fly under the radar. Then he disappears for another 4 hours and comes back with "I like Al's case so I'll vote for Fredo". I mean, if you're only going to make 2 posts over a 5-day span, you better make them good. And that wasn't good enough.

Really? I find self-preservation votes to be scummier myself. Look at last game, Lefty did something to that affect on day 1 of that game and successfully wiggled out of trouble. It seems more to me that scum just does anything to try and survive.

Or are you saying that you find fredo to be scummier and that voting Fredo assures you of Frank's status?

I'm saying that voting for self preservation is the only thing that makes sense to me in his spot. If he had voted for someone else and then later reminded everyone what an innocent thing that was to do, I'd feel worse about him.

I can't reveal anything to save myself, as I don't have a role of any kind. I'm not scum, but when/if you guys lynch me it'll be written off as a)he was acting really scummy anyways, and b)well someone has to die day 1, so it might as well have been him. The fact that I'm going to be going down probably points to Henry not being scum, as to set him up after I'm dead to take the big fall. Still, I dont get the train jumping, but if another moron posts that the only reason he's getting votes is because of his attitude, I'll snap. Seriously, do I have to repeat myself A THOUSAND MORE TIMES? Read, you morons.

There, maybe if I act like the dbag it'll help my cause. Probably not at this point. Happy hunting.

This defense is mildly compelling. I'll unvote cause I think I got a better target anyway

Ok, so Frank is here now. Was just reacting to the votes on me. Here's a list of suspects/innocents for me.

Suspicous

Tony Montana -- something's off with him. If I'm alive long enough to, I'll try and throw a case together like I did with Henry.

Henry Hill -- I've already been there with Henry. However, like I said, if I go down, I don't THINK he's scum. Seems like too easy a set up.

Bring it!

The problem is that the train jumping doesn't really hold water - he was in early on 2 of them. That's especially true given that, IIRC - and its close to shabbos and I'm watching the kids, so I don't have time to go back and look - he "jumped" while the train he was on had higher number of votes, helping to derail the train (which can be scummy, if he's leaping off a teammate - but since you're also complaining about the initial vote, you are basically complaining both that he fueled the lynch by joining and that he stopped the lynch by leaving, which is kind of contradictory to a claim that either act makes him scum)

Chances are we lynch town today anyway, might as well be him if he's not going to play. If he doesn't start soon, I think I'll join you.

I'm going to leave my vote where it is (Fredo). I just hope Frank actually starts playing on Monday like he said. Convenient that he basically said he isn't going to be here until the deadline, but I have no reason not to believe him.

I might just switch my vote over to Frank anyway since he didn't reveal. He comes back, parrots some stuff that other people had said about Henry and adds that he (Henry) of all people was trying to fly under the radar. Then he disappears for another 4 hours and comes back with "I like Al's case so I'll vote for Fredo". I mean, if you're only going to make 2 posts over a 5-day span, you better make them good. And that wasn't good enough.

These are the last few Virgil posts (i think 1 about MJ's death has been skiped and maybe another)

All about voting Frank, all threatening to do so, but no votes. Really feels like he's trying convince other people to vote Frank, without blood on his hands. (The first post was in response to the 5th vote on Frank by Rooney)

vote Virgil

The problem is that the train jumping doesn't really hold water - he was in early on 2 of them. That's especially true given that, IIRC - and its close to shabbos and I'm watching the kids, so I don't have time to go back and look - he "jumped" while the train he was on had higher number of votes, helping to derail the train (which can be scummy, if he's leaping off a teammate - but since you're also complaining about the initial vote, you are basically complaining both that he fueled the lynch by joining and that he stopped the lynch by leaving, which is kind of contradictory to a claim that either act makes him scum)

3 trains. The 3rd vote, 6th vote, and 3rd vote

I can live with this, if that's the direction we want to go in. Truthfully, I don't like Fredo's case on Henry, but there's also the fact that it's day 1, and almost all cases are going to be thin (barring an Irish Jet type meltdown :D). At least Fredo's working - I'd rather have a player like that around than a player like Frank.

Either way, given the fact that we have 2 stalled trains, I'm starting to think one of the two might be scum, with the other scum already on one of the two trains (probably Frank's). Think about it - if Frank is mafia and his teammates saw him going down, they'd have slowly crept onto his train. But they can't leap off for Fredo now, because if and when Frank goes down and flips scum, they'd be the most obvious teammates in the world. On the other hand, if Frank is innocent and Fredo's scum, the scum won't be looking to move from Frank to Fredo until its clear that Fredo's the only viable target.

I can live with this, if that's the direction we want to go in. Truthfully, I don't like Fredo's case on Henry, but there's also the fact that it's day 1, and almost all cases are going to be thin (barring an Irish Jet type meltdown :D). At least Fredo's working - I'd rather have a player like that around than a player like Frank.

Either way, given the fact that we have 2 stalled trains, I'm starting to think one of the two might be scum, with the other scum already on one of the two trains (probably Frank's). Think about it - if Frank is mafia and his teammates saw him going down, they'd have slowly crept onto his train. But they can't leap off for Fredo now, because if and when Frank goes down and flips scum, they'd be the most obvious teammates in the world. On the other hand, if Frank is innocent and Fredo's scum, the scum won't be looking to move from Frank to Fredo until its clear that Fredo's the only viable target.

Or they're both innocent and half the Frank voters haven't even been in thread since he's posted again.

Franks train moved very quickly, the only way he's scum is if his mates are bussing him.

That is very scummy. But now I think henry is vic, and he's acting like vic should act. Last game vic was scum, and there was no tempur tantrums, which is interesting cause if not for alts, we could've nabbed him quickly.

These are the last few Virgil posts (i think 1 about MJ's death has been skiped and maybe another)

All about voting Frank, all threatening to do so, but no votes. Really feels like he's trying convince other people to vote Frank, without blood on his hands. (The first post was in response to the 5th vote on Frank by Rooney)

vote Virgil

Maybe cause he's pissing me off. I don't care if I get blood on my hands. I would have voted for him already if there was a point. Since nothing is going to happen until Monday, there is no reason not to wait until then.

Ok, the reasons of Al’s that I agree with are as follows:

1. Fredo’s vote for Sonny did appear scummy.

2. Fredo’s extensive defence of Michael for being a newbie. While letting the newbie get past day one is generally a nice thing to do, he seemed to be going to back for him.

3. Always have a third point. Actually, those two reasons were quite enough for me. My change in vote doesn’t say that I’m less suspicious of Henry by any means, just that I think Fredo is the better vote at this time.

WHy vote at all then?

It would be different if he wasn't so close to being lynched. Maybe he can change my mind by Monday, or maybe something better will surface. But I'm not going to put him L-1 when we have to wait until Monday for the results anyway. I don't think anyone else should either.

It would be different if he wasn't so close to being lynched. Maybe he can change my mind by Monday, or maybe something better will surface. But I'm not going to put him L-1 when we have to wait until Monday for the results anyway. I don't think anyone else should either.

Sure.

But he was at L-4 when you first started proclaiming how you were going to vote for him soon.

Yeah, and that was before he came back. And less than an hour after I said it, two other people had voted for him putting him up to 7.

Why the threats to vote (with supporting rational) without actual votes. Doesn't make sense.

You yourself commented on the unimportance of the day 1 vote, so why the production out of voting for Frank?

Chances are we lynch town today anyway, might as well be him if he's not going to play. If he doesn't start soon, I think I'll join you.

Fair enough. So, I can then presume that off the top of your head you can tell me what's scummy about Michael? Because if my defense of Michael is scummy, and you're not just repeating what someone else wrote, then you should be able to easily tell us why Michael is scummy.

Off the top of my head, his vote for me "just to hurry up and lynch somebody" rings a bell. Also his joining the other bandwagons (ace I think was one, can't remember the first one) for the sake of voting the same way as everyone else.

Satisfied?

Why the threats to vote (with supporting rational) without actual votes. Doesn't make sense.

You yourself commented on the unimportance of the day 1 vote, so why the production out of voting for Frank?

Where did I say that day 1 wasn't important? I said there was a good chance we lynch an innocent. That doesn't mean it's not important. A vote that puts someone 1 vote from lynch is definitely important. Especially when we have to wait until Monday for the results.

Off the top of my head, his vote for me "just to hurry up and lynch somebody" rings a bell. Also his joining the other bandwagons (ace I think was one, can't remember the first one) for the sake of voting the same way as everyone else.

Satisfied?

Considering your suspicious of him for the same reason I'm suspicious of Henry (and it's being discounted)...no.

:P

Am I getting on your nerves? Why are you so testy? Your dbagness isnt as good as mine...probably because I am joking and having fun and you are serious and pathetic.

Suspicous

Innocent

Vito Corleone -- Has been very consistent, and if he were scum, leading the train on an innocent on day 1 wouldn't be a good call. I feel fairly confident he's innocent.

Al Capone -- Have a good feeling about him, with the amount of attention he's drawn to himself. I think he's trying to play things safe, but again, I feel fairly confident in him.

Ace -- Feel really good about him.

Michael -- I said in the first place I thought he was just making a rookie mistake. Scum would have done a better job coaching him from the beginning, IMO.

Really? Its a little early for this. How can you be so confident?

Weak. Your case is one of the weakest cases I have ever seen. Dont tell me you are voting for me because of my voting history on day 1. You are voting for me for 2 reasons, 1) im an ******* and you suck at this game 2) I voted for you and you suck at this game.

Everyone is all over the place. Everyone has voted for multiple people. The case you have made against me, you can make against at least 5 other players.

Your case is weak and you know it. And the fact that you are sticking to such a weak case is scummy.

Satisfied?

No offense Frank, but with about 5 sentences of content in a week, you don't get to make snarky comments yet.

Or they're both innocent and half the Frank voters haven't even been in thread since he's posted again.

Franks train moved very quickly, the only way he's scum is if his mates are bussing him.

Exactly. I was saying its possible that either he's scum (and his mates are bussing him, and therefore locked in), or he's innocent, the scum are already on the train, and Fredo is also scum (and therefore his mates don't want to jump ship from Frank to Fredo). Either one would explain the two stalled trains.

Of course, it's entirely possible that neither are true, and the trains are both stalled for another reason entirely - but I actually think that's less likely than that one or the other are scum

Exactly. I was saying its possible that either he's scum (and his mates are bussing him, and therefore locked in), or he's innocent, the scum are already on the train, and Fredo is also scum (and therefore his mates don't want to jump ship from Frank to Fredo). Either one would explain the two stalled trains.

Of course, it's entirely possible that neither are true, and the trains are both stalled for another reason entirely - but I actually think that's less likely than that one or the other are scum

I find it unlikely to that scum would bus so quickly on day 1 and would rather lynch Fredo because of it.

If however, Frank does get lynched and turns up innocent, I'd suggest that Virgil be examined, because he's been fanning the flames of a Frank lynch for awhile now without actually voting.

Archived