JN Mafia: AOL GAME THREAD

ZachEY

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sound familiar? Courtesy of the zombie game.

What did that end up achieving? He bought his scum teammate with a fake doc claim (woody) some time to wiggle out of trouble while trying to rolefish. It would have worked too had Woody not just disappeared. What ended up happening? Crusher and Shutout vote for uncounterclaimed doc and it's obvious as day to mafia who are the potential doctor candidates. Tony Montana urging real doctor to not counterclaim has my scumdar going off the charts. That's ANTI-TOWN. What is Montana trying to do now? Different game, same story.

Think about it, if a real doc is out there and claims now we narrow it down to 50-50. If we pick the right doc to lynch, we get a clear for the rest of the game as the doctor can self-protect. At worst, if we lynch the wrong doc, the next day we have guaranteed scum. Our cop is dead. At this point of the game, the fbi agent isn't known and the doc is self-protecting as it is. If a doctor doesn't counter claim, we assume Nicky is clear. Tony Montana telling a "real doc" not to claim is bs and frankly CTM/Tony M knows better.

Also to add, what i'm worried about is Nicky being scum and Montana saying "real doc don't claim" to protect Nicky. This way he has a window to say "see, it's okay because i said he shouldn't have claimed right away" Nicky can swing his big stick as a clear while the real doc stays behind to do what? Silently know that Nicky is scum and grind his teeth? Self protect? What does the town possibly have to gain from a real doc hiding in the background when a fake one is right here? As opposed to if a real doc counterclaims now, we can nail one for sure either today or tomorrow.

This is all hypothetical, Nicky can actually be the real doctor and this is an exercise in futility. But i'm just saying, I refuse to let Tony M/CTM mislead the town like that. He starting to smell dirtier and dirtier to me.

What did that end up achieving? He bought his scum teammate with a fake doc claim (woody) some time to wiggle out of trouble while trying to rolefish. It would have worked too had Woody not just disappeared. What ended up happening? Crusher and Shutout vote for uncounterclaimed doc and it's obvious as day to mafia who are the potential doctor candidates. Tony Montana urging real doctor to not counterclaim has my scumdar going off the charts. That's ANTI-TOWN. What is Montana trying to do now? Different game, same story.

Think about it, if a real doc is out there and claims now we narrow it down to 50-50. If we pick the right doc to lynch, we get a clear for the rest of the game as the doctor can self-protect. At worst, if we lynch the wrong doc, the next day we have guaranteed scum. Our cop is dead. At this point of the game, the fbi agent isn't known and the doc is self-protecting as it is. If a doctor doesn't counter claim, we assume Nicky is clear. Tony Montana telling a "real doc" not to claim is bs and frankly CTM/Tony M knows better.

I wouldn't want to fall into the identity politicing and voting for Montana because he's CTM, but that's a heck of a point you made on him.

That "don't counter" argument seemed troubling from the get, but I couldn't finger it because I was distracted by Nicky's reveal so early. If I'm willing to vote based on Claim + Crusher, then I certainly would vote based on Claim + CTM.

If you combine what Rooney said + what Capone said + Montana convenient post after last lynch where he sat on the sidelines and popped up to point fingers + CTM, then I'm switching my vote. We still have 2 hrs 40 minutes left.

Unvote: Al

Vote: Tony Montana

Considering that IMO there is more solid evidence to vote Tony then on Lefty, I'm going to change my vote. My vote on Lefty was one merely because we had 2 people at the time and I needed to make a choice. Now that there is a 3rd option I feel much more comfortable putting my vote there.

Unvote: Lefty

Vote: Tony Montana.

Hmm, nice catch.

I'd also be fine with one more extension, if EY is willing, to 8 or 9.

Frist off, great work by both J. Rooney and Al Crushomo.

Im feeling the same way as you jerk offs for the first time all game. Tony M was on my radar along with Lefty but that comment about not counter claiming is by far the scummiest thing written thus far in the game.

I dont care about how many times I have switched my vote, I think this is the best move for now and we can save Lefty for a later date.

Unvote

Vote Tony M.

Vote Count:

Al Capone (5) - Tommy DeVito, Virgil, Tony Montana, Michael Corleone, Lefty Ruggerio

Lefty Ruggerio (3) - Vito Corleone, Marcellus Wallace, Nicky Sartoro

Tony Montana (5) - John Rooney, Al Capone, Fredo Corleone, Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to cancel an account.

**I will extend the deadline to 8 so that people can check after getting home from work.

This is what i got at a couple days ago and Tony stopped for a second and backed off. Im glad people will at least listen to you. Though you did explain it alot better.

Vote Count:

Al Capone (5) - Tommy DeVito, Virgil, Tony Montana, Michael Corleone, Lefty Ruggerio

Lefty Ruggerio (2) - Marcellus Wallace, Nicky Sartoro

Tony Montana (7) - John Rooney, Al Capone, Fredo Corleone, Tony Soprano, Carlito, Henry Hill, Vito Corleone

With 14 players remaining, it takes 8 to cancel an account.

Just got caught up in this thread.

Nicky, WTF? You were only at 5 votes! I don't like that reveal in that situation but I have to say I think you guys are on to something with Montana, that was a pretty messed up comment regardless and even more so if he's in fact CTM (Not sure that he is, but have had that feeling throughout). I'm happy enough to vote for him, at this point that's a pretty solid case to go with IMO.

With the holiday come to pass, it was time to get back to work. There are pedophiles amongst us, and we've got to cancel their accounts.

In a move of self-preservation, one player claimed man-child. The tide quickly turned to another. Tony Montana.

His name was submitted to the Network Administrator, who moved swiftly:

science-fair.jpg

Tony Montana, a roleless kid, has had his account cancelled.

Submit all night actions by Tuesday at Noon.

1. Tony Montana - Day 2 - Account Cancelled
  2. Henry Hill
  3. Lefty Ruggerio
  4. John Rooney
  5. Carlito Brigante
  6. Al Capone
  7. Ace Rothstein - Night 1 - Pedophile - Neverland Ranch
  8. Marcellus Wallace
  9. Nicky Santoro
  10. Sonny LoSpecchio - Night 1 - Parent (Cop) - Invited Over
  11. Michael Corleone
  12. Tommy DeVito
  13. Tony Soprano
  14. Frank Costello - Day 1 - Account Cancelled
  15. Vito Corleone
  16. Virgil Sollozo
  17. Fredo Corleone

Tommy, EY had the deadline extended to 8 pm. We had time. It's not even the 5 pm old deadline yet.

Jeesh.

I actually regret voting at all, the vote count was at 6 when I typed my initial response and because it took me to a new page I never saw Vito's vote. I thought I was putting him at 7. Ugh, sorry guys.

unvote: nicky

if a real doctor is out there you need to be counter claiming. He could be rolefishing but as long as no one steps forward he is our clear. Also, my gut apparantly sucks balls cause i have voted both the cop and doc. So, i feelrather dumb at the moment. Also, thanks for keeping up with the game carlito, try picking on someone that does not have 3 times as many posts as you or i don't know the dead.

Here is the problem i am having. Crusher just seems legitimately frustrated and i buy his reaction as town personally. I would rather not vote him. I am starting to havr doubts on our friend montana however. He reeks of ctm and it is starting to smell like he is doing a lot of the same things he did in the Zombie game. Ctm scum would not be the lurky kind. He would be a power player that uses attacking as a defense. What i mean is that by constantly being prodded you start to defend yourself more instead of suspecting your accuser. I also really do not buy him dropping virgil like a sackof hot potatoes. That is not the ctm i know. At least not town ctm.

vote:tony m

if this picks up no steam, i will vote a leading vote getter to avoid the random lynch. My gut has sucked though so you guys decide for yourself.

still busy.. bad day at work..

Yes good idea..

Vote for the guy who didnt' bandwagon and attacked doggin in defense of the guy who did bandwagon and who did defend doggin

Oh boy, that sucks. We really should have let him talk. Vito and Tommy, I cant blame your for the vote because I felt he was scummy as well, but we should have let him talk first. I put him L-2 which still gave him time to rebuttal...but overall I was pretty convinced it was a scummy thing to say not to counter reveal, so I cant blame you but we should have tried to stop the speed lynch especially considering EY gave us more time to figure it out.

Honestly, this is so dumb I am tempted to vote you because of it.

The zombie game had conversions, people coming back to life, 2 zombie teams etc..

THis game is clearly vanilla, apples and oranges..

How would I be converting anyone and setting up a scum mate as doctor when if the real doc is lynched the scum doc goes next. It worked in zombies cause we converted vic..

My point here is that the town has 2 power roles left, 1 being the doctor who is now exposed. If he's lieing, trading an exposed doctor for another scum isn't a bad trade..

With the holiday come to pass, it was time to get back to work. There are pedophiles amongst us, and we've got to cancel their accounts.

In a move of self-preservation, one player claimed man-child. The tide quickly turned to another. Tony Montana.

His name was submitted to the Network Administrator, who moved swiftly:

science-fair.jpg

Tony Montana, a roleless kid, has had his account cancelled.

Submit all night actions by Tuesday at Noon.

you guys are friggen idiots.. the whole lot of you

couldn't even let me check in, what if I was DA?

So dumb.. arghhh...

Go town!

Not even going to lie, I was pretty sure he was scum. I think I'm going to do the opposite of what my gut says from now on.

Also, I take responsibility for this. There's really not much to say, I have ****ed up time and time again with these votes. That looks scummy as hell and there's nothing else I can say except that I've been duped and it was town versus town there. I'm really sorry guys, I don't think i'm competent enough to lead anything anymore. If you guys want, i'll take a step back instead of trying to do this. I feel like I should've known with the speed of the wagon that something was up.

Pretty F'd up with the speed lynch. I was suspicious of Montana, too, but he really should've had a chance to speak. Especially with EY extending the deadline a second time.

Incidentally big FOS on Marcellus. 2 days ago I wasn't suspicious to him whatsoever but suddenly I'm getting his vote for voting the same person he did! Same goes for Vito.

And whether my play has rubbed people the wrong way or not I'd like to think I can help the town. Being vocal and getting people to post is far superior to letting them fly under the radar.

That's fine. I stated when I switched my vote that I had been suspicious of you and Montana, and that lynching either of your candidates might give me a better perspective on the two of you. With Nicky claiming doc (and no counters), it would seem that you were pushing pretty hard to lynch town. Had the rest of the town followed you as quickly as the train to lynch Montana, we'd be out a doc as well as the cop right now.

Town power roles don't submit your night actions yet! Give it some time to discuss what happened.

You psychos drag your feet for 2 weeks than hyper lynch a guy in less than 2 hours. LOL

And what is this all about? What discussion needs to be held? Seems to me that any talk here only helps the two parties looking to NK children.

Town power roles don't submit your night actions yet! Give it some time to discuss what happened.

You psychos drag your feet for 2 weeks than hyper lynch a guy in less than 2 hours. LOL

As much as I may hate this guy, he's got a point. That all happened way too fast. You are all aware that there's still one unknown town power role out there, right? Honestly, we got lucky that he was only a roleless townie. When I was catching up and saw how quickly that train came around I had a bad feeling this would happen. Trains on mafia very rarely come together that fast, especially when there are other players with a lot of votes out there. Fellow scum will usually try to at least see if there's any shot at survival before burying, and that all happened too fast.

Archived