Nationals Park

Gainzo

Has anyone ever seen a game there? I'm going to the Sox game on Thursday night (Smoltz's debut) and wanted to get some feedback on the place.

Are there any bars/restaurants around the park? I'm picking up a friend of mine in South Baltimore around 3:30 and then we are going to drive to a Metro station and take the train into DC.

I ended up paying $40 for $10 tickets as the place is sold-out for the series.

Has anyone ever seen a game there? I'm going to the Sox game on Thursday night (Smoltz's debut) and wanted to get some feedback on the place.

Are there any bars/restaurants around the park? I'm picking up a friend of mine in South Baltimore around 3:30 and then we are going to drive to a Metro station and take the train into DC.

when I went there, there wasnt much around the stadium area at that time.

there's really nothing at all around the stadium right now - the planned development has been put on hold. if you are taking the metro to the game, it is on the green line. if you take the green line you can hop off at gallery/place chinatown (about 4 stops from the stadium) and there are a lot of places to hang out around there.

we had a real bad metro accident on the redline yesterday so check the metro website to see if you are affected by that at all.

you can pm me if you have any questions about coming to town.

there's really nothing at all around the stadium right now - the planned development has been put on hold. if you are taking the metro to the game, it is on the green line. if you take the green line you can hop off at gallery/place chinatown (about 4 stops from the stadium) and there are a lot of places to hang out around there.

we had a real bad metro accident on the redline yesterday so check the metro website to see if you are affected by that at all.

you can pm me if you have any questions about coming to town.

Thanks for the input LR. We are taking the metro from Greenbelt so its the green line all the way.

I know how bad traffic sucks on I-95 so a 25 minute ride to Greenbelt could take 45 minutes. If the timing works out we will get off the train at gallery and try to grab a quick bite. God knows I don't want to fork over $50 for a couple of hot dogs and some Nachos at the Stadium.

Thanks for the input LR. We are taking the metro from Greenbelt so its the green line all the way.

I know how bad traffic sucks on I-95 so a 25 minute ride to Greenbelt could take 45 minutes. If the timing works out we will get off the train at gallery and try to grab a quick bite. God knows I don't want to fork over $50 for a couple of hot dogs and some Nachos at the Stadium.

have a good time at the game:

if you get off at chinatown/galleryplace there are a couple of real good places - about a block up 7th st there is a place called RFD with beers from around the world and decent food, an irish pub right next door called fado, hooters across the st, and a great wood fired pizza place called matchbox around the corner. there is also a clydes, legal seafood, rocketbar, potbelly sandwich all right there. if you are looking for something in particular just ask someone on the st people are pretty helpful.

it should take another 10-15 minutes from gallery place to get to the stadium - just make sure you get on the green (not yellow which shares the same track) line going in the right direction (branch ave).

have a good time at the game:

if you get off at chinatown/galleryplace there are a couple of real good places - about a block up 7th st there is a place called RFD with beers from around the world and decent food, an irish pub right next door called fado, hooters across the st, and a great wood fired pizza place called matchbox around the corner. there is also a clydes, legal seafood, rocketbar, potbelly sandwich all right there. if you are looking for something in particular just ask someone on the st people are pretty helpful.

it should take another 10-15 minutes from gallery place to get to the stadium - just make sure you get on the green (not yellow which shares the same track) line going in the right direction (branch ave).

Excellent stuff. Best case scenario is that we get to Greenbelt at 4:30. That will allow us to grab food and drinks at chinatown/galleryplace around 5:00 then leave there around 6:00-6:15 and head to the game.

Archived