SF Giants

StraightCash

I'd be very surprised if they do hold onto their WC lead. They'll probably stay about 10-15 games above .500 but another team in the NL should be able to overcome them.

After their top 2 starters they are very mediocre. Bullpen is pretty good. Bunch of no-names for position players.

Id be very excited to be a fan of theirs this year. Type of team I would love to root for.

They have a pretty nasty rotation, though Lincecum didn't look too good in the All-Star Game. If they get to the playoffs they have a chance to pull an upset in the first round.

However, I don't think they have enough offense to get there this year.

I was hearing Bumgardner and Posey (2 top 10 prospects fyi clueless Sox fans) were being dangled for Holliday along with Jonathan Sanchez.

That's too steep a price to pay in my opinion. But, if you do get Holliday I'd put you guys as the NL favorites to make the World Series (and win).

If they pick up a bat at the Trade Deadline, they could be a nasty team in October. Seeing Cain & Lincecum, with a good lineup, that has WS potential. They are probably one or two years away, but most definitely headed in the right direction.

Archived