Clay Buchholz look-a-like

MagicBizkit87

You're right. Team are requesting Clay Buchholz in every trade being talked about because he's as bad as Ian Kennedy. Come on.

It's not my fault that teams around the league are stupid. This guy has been a 5 inning pitcher in the majors, and just like Kennedy has been an amazing pitcher in the minors, yet so horrible in the majors. If you can get Roy Halladay for Clay Buchholz, and other minor leaguers, then I will say that the Boston front office is the best in the league, because Buchholz is what about 24, or 25, and he's been basically successful 1 start, and horrible every other start.

I just remember when you guys were praising Buchholz to be better than Lester, and that is just plain hilarious now, and that will probably never happen. He has a career 1.60 WHIP, and rising after this start. What exactly has he done other than that one no hitter? Absolutely nothing...

It's not my fault that teams around the league are stupid. This guy has been a 5 inning pitcher in the majors, and just like Kennedy has been an amazing pitcher in the minors, yet so horrible in the majors. If you can get Roy Halladay for Clay Buchholz, and other minor leaguers, then I will say that the Boston front office is the best in the league, because Buchholz is what about 24, or 25, and he's been basically successful 1 start, and horrible every other start.

I just remember when you guys were praising Buchholz to be better than Lester, and that is just plain hilarious now, and that will probably never happen.

He's 24 will be 25 in two weeks. I am glad you can judge talent better than those professionals actually doing the job. You should apply and tell them you know better than what they know. He's still only got 20ish starts under his belt. That's probably adequate time to judge. Be real.

He's 24 will be 25 in two weeks. I am glad you can judge talent better than those professionals actually doing the job. You should apply and tell them you know better than what they know. He's still only got 20ish starts under his belt. That's probably adequate time to judge. Be real.

Well those professionals obviously aren't doing a good job. What more proof do you need that this guy is only a little better than Ian Kennedy at best. He's not a very good pitcher, nor will he probably ever be. Just like the Yankees fans overrated Ian Kennedy, the Red Sox fans overrated Clay Buchholz.

Well those professionals obviously aren't doing a good job. What more proof do you need that this guy is only a little better than Ian Kennedy at best. He's not a very good pitcher, nor will he probably ever be. Just like the Yankees fans overrated Ian Kennedy, the Red Sox fans overrated Clay Buchholz.

This is comic gold.

Do you honestly believe you're better at evaluating baseball talent than the professionals?

I'm sure all the greats were throwing out all star numbers after 20 starts in parts of three seasons. Give the kid a chance. Do I think he's going to be a world beater? No, but he could be a decent 2nd or 3rd starter when all is said and done.

This is comic gold.

Do you honestly believe you're better at evaluating baseball talent than the professionals?

I'm sure all the greats were throwing out all star numbers after 20 starts in parts of three seasons. Give the kid a chance. Do I think he's going to be a world beater? No, but he could be a decent 2nd or 3rd starter when all is said and done.

There isn't such a thing called professionals when it comes to young players in any sports. Even in football as well. No one knew Colston was going to be any good, which is why he was selected in the 7th round. Kerry Rhodes was selected in the 5th round.

Basically people are just guessing. Remember Juan Pena? He was supposed to be a very good pitcher, and he never panned out. I am just guessing as well, but I'm just going by what I see, and I see someone no better than Ian Kennedy.

I'm not saying I know more, or less, just going by what I see when the guy pitches in the majors.

I like how you put words in peoples mouths.

There isn't such a thing called professionals when it comes to young players in any sports. Even in football as well. No one knew Colston was going to be any good, which is why he was selected in the 7th round. Kerry Rhodes was selected in the 5th round.

Basically people are just guessing. Remember Juan Pena? He was supposed to be a very good pitcher, and he never panned out. I am just guessing as well, but I'm just going by what I see, and I see someone no better than Ian Kennedy.

I'm not saying I know more, or less, just going by what I see when the guy pitches in the majors.

I like how you put words in peoples mouths.

So do you just look at the box scores or did you actually watch some of his games.

Did you look to see Kottaras catching instead of Tek tonight or did that thought not entire your mind?

It is a guessing game, but track records mean a lot. He has been inconsistent in the majors, for sure, but not over a long enough span to completely write the kid off like Yankees fans have done Ian Kennedy.

JonEJet has seen the Yankees win more World Series rings then you have seen Boston win.

I have seem more Yankee World Series wins than my 79 year old dad

He's a die hard Sawx fan from Roxbury.....was talking sh1t tonight when the Yanks lost

This Sawx hopeful implosion is on him

Why do I need to respond? Buchholz will be out of the major leagues in a couple seasons anyway. Either that, or on a team like the Washington Nationals hold a plus 5 ERA.

That's awesome. Dodge a question you don't want to look foolish on. Thanks for playing.

What would you said about this player after they're first two partial seasons in the majors?

Season one - 6 G 5 GS 2-4 5.52 ERA

Season two - 30 G 27 GS 6-14 5.61 ERA

Whips above 1.63 both years. 10.5 + H/9.

Just curious what you'd think of this pitcher.

Not enough information. How old is this player? Health history? What pitches does he throw? What are his K/9 and K/BB numbers?

Not enough information. How old is this player? Health history? What pitches does he throw? What are his K/9 and K/BB numbers?

Well according to MagicBizkit it's plenty of information. Question is for him and he's dodging it. Which is to be expected because when he finds out who that person is, he'll be embarrased.

Here is what you wanted though:

Healthy. Pitches I am not sure. I think fastball, curve, change. Maybe a slider. Nothing too crazy.

Season 1: 20 years old K/9 is 5.8 and BB/9 is 3.2

Season 2: 21 years old k/9 is 5.8 and BB/9 is 4.3

Archived