"Wait, this is a weekly award?" Edition of Post of The Week

POTW Bot

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Topic: So the Jets cant beat the Texans? Really?

Schaub will probably be getting treatment twice a day on his leg prior to the game, so I don't think it will be that much of an issue. However, it will be great to see the best WR in the game in Andre Johnson go up against Revis. Revis does get a lot of respect, but this is going to be a good game and good stretch of games to show how damned good he is.

If Revis can contain Johnson, I'm not too afraid of their secondary weapons. Slaton is a beast, but our defense seems to have a tougher time stopping the more downhill rushing teams like the giants with Jacobs or vikings with AD. It looked like our team was getting better in the screen game, so that should bode well against slaton.

When you watched the Vikings game last night, you saw how the texans had pretty much the entire team in the box, but they are not extremely disciplined and seemed to over-pursue on most runs. This makes me think i would like to see them run right between the tackles with leon; one cut and go.

Should be a good overall game.

The Nomination: "Nominated for being a flat out excellent football post." Max

Editor's Note: Ok... In this case, we'll win week one.

Topic: Marshall To Jets?

If the Jets had Jesus at WR, they go 8-8 at best this year. Sanchez will have growing pains.

Brandon Marshall is not going to get them to the Superbowl; they might as well just wait until next year to fix any WR problem they have, while at the same time, sparing themselves the drama that accompanies BM.

The Nomination: "Its ok... Jesus cant hit a curveball either" Lil Bit Special

Editor's Note: What they need is Moses at offensive guard. He could part the defenders, clearing a path so wide even TJ could see it.

Topic: Marshall To Jets?

Well....Jesus has holes through his hands so he can't catch. And although the dude could walk on water, his 40 time is not that great. He would make a horrible wide reciever.

On the other hand he might make an excellent special teams coach, he has been known to come up with a mircle or two right when they are needed.

Moses I would want for the offensive line. The way he parted the red sea, could you image the holes he could create for a running back.

The Nomination: "I wonder how Mel Kiper Jr. would grade him..." Lil Bit Special

Editor's Note: Wow... My comment was ninja'd by a follow up post. Ouch.

Topic: Michael Lomardis theory on Gholston

There is a fundamental flaw with this theory.

Roger played QB in high school. It claims that two Jets employees were unable to block VG from getting to Godell. So to accept this theory you must believe that VG was able to shed two blockers and reach the the QB.

We all know how unlikely that is.

:)

The Nomination: "Its great when Pats fans and Jets fans can have a laugh together" Lil Bit Special

Editor's Note: Ok, now what about Chad Jackson?

Topic: Nobody wants to say it...

It's kind of hard to tell since there aren't any rings on any of them. Can you tell me which of these is Dan Marino's hand?

with-a-wave-of-the-hand_1.jpg

The Nomination: "Awesome!!! Down goes crashing...down goes crashing. Beautiful Thor. Simply beautiful." PFSIKH

Editor's Note: The irony of course being that he choked far less when he learned Finkle was Einhorn.

Topic: Post Of The Week Noms

I just want to remind you guys that since we have EY working the POTW Bot to submit your nominations if something cracks you up. Just click on the little check...it's the thing that makes this site unique, and even though Greenbeans (sadly) isn't doing them anymore I think we got a keeper in Yellin. Start nomming...

The Nomination: "heh" BP

Editor's Note: 8v9yUVgrmPY

Topic: Pats trade Seymour to Oak

I wonder if, after Belichick makes these deals, if he calls Mike Tannenbaum's cell phone, laughs, and then just hangs up.

The Nomination: "Davis will do anything to **** the Jets up...a HoF WR for a 4th rounder and now this..." SoFlaJets

Editor's Note: Hi, Mr. Tannenbaum... Um, This is Bob Belding, uh, is your refrigerator running?

Topic: Brady & Moss

The Nomination: "OWNAGE!" DarkLadyJets

Editor's Note: Oh, well, why didn't you say so? And oh, I don't know if you're interested in this detail, but I was just about to tell you that I love Wes Welker. I love him, and I don't care what you think. I love him for the man he wants to be, and I love him for the man he almost is. I love Wes Welker.

Congratulations to MDL_JET, It's always nice to see a Pats fan choke on the Welker load.

Wear your badge of valor this week... Hector, you're out:

potw.jpg

A note to posters, it seems in order to get yourself nominated, impress Lil Bit Special, as he's the main source of nominations.

So, as a review, here at POTW, we enjoy making Pats fans look silly, making fun of Klecko73isGod, and anything Lil Bit Special likes.

See you next week.

Congratulations to MDL_JET, It's always nice to see a Pats fan choke on the Welker load.

Wear your badge of valor this week... Hector, you're out:

potw.jpg

A note to posters, it seems in order to get yourself nominated, impress Lil Bit Special, as he's the main source of nominations.

So, as a review, here at POTW, we enjoy making Pats fans look silly, making fun of Klecko73isGod, and anything Lil Bit Special likes.

See you next week.

Be sure not to make a mistake.

I'll be all over it Little EY Boy.;)

Archived