The Yankee bullpen

AFJF

If Marte and Bruney continue to pitch the way they have of late, the Yanks may have the best 'pen in baseball combined with Hughes and Mo. I think this is going to be huge in the post season and something they haven't had in a long time. Shame it seems AJ and Joba are huge question marks now. If either of those guys get it together for the post season, Yanks should win it all.

The Yankees bullpen has improved greatly since the beginning of the season and Phil Hughes has helped bridge between starter and Rivera very nicely. There is none better than Rivera when it comes to closing out a game in the playoffs.

That being said, I still think the best bullpen in the majors is located in Boston. Papelbon, Wagner, Okajima, Bard, Saito, Ramirez. 6 guys who can all be relied upon to get big outs when it matters.

Wagner has impressed me since coming over and has been lights out, which has kind of overshadowed the fact that Oki has struggled a bit. Having two effective lefties could be money come playoff time. Wagner, of course, has to be coddled a little bit because of his surgery, though now he says come playoff time all bets are off.

The Dodgers have a case too, especially since adding Sherrill.

Archived