Question for Bitonti

Boozer76

Bitonti,

I know you severely hate Bollinger, and I agree he is a bad QB. My question is this then:

Why didn't Hermy put in McCareins at QB? Or how about Coles? Hell, why not even Dwayne Robertson? Any one of them would have been a better option than Pennington. You don't put your 64m QB out on the field when it is clear to 80,000 people at the game and millions of people at home watching that his shoulder is done and he can't throw a ball at all.

Herm likely may have cost Pennington the season by starting him since game one in the first place when he obviously wasn't ready, and may very well have cost him his career by putting him back in the game.

There's a great analogy to Herm's ridiculous attempt to beat JAX at the expense of his starting QB. It's call tripping over dollars to pick up nickels.

the answer as far as I can tell is because Chad gave the team the best chance to win.

Remember there was a brief period of time when the scoreboard read Jets 23 Jags 20 - that wouldn't have been the case with Bollywood under center. They fought back and had a chance to win. If Wayne holds on to the ball we aren't talking about why didn't Herm play Bollinger.

The job of the HC is to win not to worry about the best long term option for the team.

The fact that Herm who has seen Bolly in practice for 3 seasons plus wouldn't put him in over Chad with a limp wing should tell you all everything you need to know about Bollywood. He's horrible.

the answer as far as I can tell is because Chad gave the team the best chance to win.

Remember there was a brief period of time when the scoreboard read Jets 23 Jags 20 - that wouldn't have been the case with Bollywood under center. They fought back and had a chance to win. If Wayne holds on to the ball we aren't talking about why didn't Herm play Bollinger.

The job of the HC is to win not to worry about the best long term option for the team.

The fact that Herm who has seen Bolly in practice for 3 seasons plus wouldn't put him in over Chad with a limp wing should tell you all everything you need to know about Bollywood. He's horrible.

And Herm saw Jordan for 4 years in practice which is

why he never got a start either..That Hermie knows his stuff!

Hey when are you going over to the Addicts

Board..I always enjoy your posts with MS!! =D>

Actually the score never said 23-20 but that is besides the point. The O did nothing to "fight back" as you put it. The O got a PI call before the half that moved them up the field, along with a screen pass that Baker took 30 yards. The D scored in the 2nd half thanks to Abraham. JAX gets a FG and then scores a TD thanks to J Miller's muffed punt. Fiedler moves us into FG range to get us back within 3, 20-17. The D made a stop, then Pennington went 3 and out, giving the ball to JAX with 6 minutes left. Barrett stripped Reggie Williams, giving the Jets the ball back already in FG range. Chad moved the ball a total of 16 yards on the final drive.

How exactly did Chad have anything at all to do with the Jets "fighting back"?

And Herm saw Jordan for 4 years in practice which is

why he never got a start either..That Hermie knows his stuff!

Hey when are you going over to the Addicts

Board..I always enjoy your posts with MS!! =D>

im over there now we are in agreement that Bollinger is horrible.

as for Jordan he got like 500 carries in 4 years it's not like he never saw the field. Bollinger on the other hand if he's in the game you are in serious trouble.

Boozer even if that 16 yards was all Chad moved the team, scarier still would have been the offense under Bolly, especially without practicing with the first team etc. If Wayne catches that ball Chad would have thrown the winning TD pass. That's what I call giving your team a chance to win.

Archived