Changing Of The Guard

Maxman

Hayim raises a good point about Sanchez looking like a rookie in the first half. But this isn't news. He was the same way in the preseason, even by his own admission.

It takes him time to relax in the game and let it slow down for him. In the process he makes some rookie mistakes. I'm okay with that, he'll get better after each season and the butterflies will wear down earlier as time goes on.

I liked the last sack he took, where instead of forcing the ball downfield to maintain the drive, he felt the pressure coming from behind him, and with his arm ****ed back, he pulled it back in, rather than risk a turnover. That was a pro-move. He knew that punting the ball, and trusting the defense was a better move than playing Superman and winning the game on his own.

That was the play of the game that made me a believer in Mark Sanchez. He's not here to win games--he's here to make sure we don't lose them.

I was on this wagon before it started rolling... and I'll be on it if it crashes in the mud.

I'm a believer.

I'm still not fully jumping on board yet. I'm optimistic but I'm still feeling the sting of last years 8-3 start then collapse. That hurt....LOTS. ::GoJets:

I'm still not fully jumping on board yet. I'm optimistic but I'm still feeling the sting of last years 8-3 start then collapse. That hurt....LOTS. ::GoJets:

Anything can happen. Which is why I believe. Because anything can happen.

Lets not forget that when Sanchez makes rookie mistakes its because he is a rookie.

More importantly you really can't say he ****ed back his arm on this sight? If I wanted to call him Dirty Sanchez would that be okay? But if I wanted to say Dirty Sanchez ****ed back his arm to throw a deep ball it wouldn't? Huh. How about that.

Archived