So Revis threw the special teams under the bus...

Matt39

That would've been a tough one to overturn. The NFL drops the ball on that replay rule IMO; The whistle was blown immediately, so even if the Jets recover (or Dolphins) who's to say either team is deserving considering more times than not players stop when the whistle is blown.

Alos, Rex said his staff told them Miami recovered the fumble, although I thought the Jets did. So who knows.

Interesting. From the replay I saw I thought it was clearly out and then Revis came up with the ball when they cleared the pile.

It is speculation but I would have had like to have seen a challenge there. Thus the defense did its job.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Revis can say what he wants, atleast he backs it up on a weekly basis.

Special teams blew the game, nothing wrong with saying so.

Ummm yeah, there is. You don't throw your teammates under the bus. You win and lose as a team. If you're a player thats into that individual performance BS, go play golf or tennis.

Interesting. From the replay I saw I thought it was clearly out and then Revis came up with the ball when they cleared the pile.

It is speculation but I would have had like to have seen a challenge there. Thus the defense did its job.

It's tough, because Miami got to the line and ran a play quickly. If the Jets gamble, and lose, that's a costly timeout lost especially given the score at the time.

BUT, maybe Rex challenges and the officials say because the whistle was blown they can't review it. I know the refs are supposed to let the play continue when the ball comes out, but they clearly didn't on that play.

One of those hindsight is 20/20 plays for sure though.

Forget the challenge because it was too close to call.

The biggest play on that TD drive by the Fins was the Jets giving up a 15 yard pass on a 2nd & 17. That was truly pathetic.

They convert on 3rd & 2 and march down for the TD.

That 2nd & 17 conversion killed the Jets and they've allowed too many of those this season against the Fins.

Archived