Power outage question

Jbro22

Okay, For whatever reason my power went out for a brief second and came back on.

But, in the process it turned on lights and other things that were turned off before the power went out. I've never witnessed this before so after the 5 minutes of listening for home invaders and freaking out hiding behind my bedroom door with a lacrosse stick in hand ready for whatever I realized it was nothing.

So I guess my real questions is, how do I get the sensor lights outside to turn off without going outside in the rain? They went on and didn't turn off.

Okay, For whatever reason my power went out for a brief second and came back on.

But, in the process it turned on lights and other things that were turned off before the power went out. I've never witnessed this before so after the 5 minutes of listening for home invaders and freaking out hiding behind my bedroom door with a lacrosse stick in hand ready for whatever I realized it was nothing.

So I guess my real questions is, how do I get the sensor lights outside to turn off without going outside in the rain? They went on and didn't turn off.

Turn the switch off, wait a second, then turn them back on. It should reset the sensors to manual control. If not, buy a raincoat.

Turn the switch off, wait a second, then turn them back on. It should reset the sensors to manual control. If not, buy a raincoat.

I don't even know if these thigns have a switch. Pops installed these things before I was even born and he's up in Boston on Business.

If one wasn't shining into my bedroom window I'd be completely fine with destroying the world and wasting energy and letting the damn thing burn out.

I don't even know if these thigns have a switch. Pops installed these things before I was even born and he's up in Boston on Business.

If one wasn't shining into my bedroom window I'd be completely fine with destroying the world and wasting energy and letting the damn thing burn out.

Take an axe up to the attic and whack away at the BX cable running toward the gables. That's Home Depot tech-speak for you there, homeboy.

Take an axe up to the attic and whack away at the BX cable running toward the gables. That's Home Depot tech-speak for you there, homeboy.

Sounds good, HOWEVER will this cause my Cable box to reboot? Cause I just waited 15 whole minutes for it to come back on, and I'm not about to wait again.

Sounds good, HOWEVER will this cause my Cable box to reboot? Cause I just waited 15 whole minutes for it to come back on, and I'm not about to wait again.

Do you have a gas-powered generator? Plug the cable box into the generator. Problem solved. You can do it. We can help.

get married. send wife out.

done and done

Archived