Greetings from Scotland and help!!!!

Coach

I have supported the Jets since matches started to be shown on t.v. in the U.K. in the early eighties. Next month I am fulfilling a long term wish and my son and I are comin over for the Saints game.

We are staying in Secaucus but I have been advised that it is not possible to walk to Giants Stadium though walking to matches uis normal in Scotalnd, irrespective of distance.

I checked the New Jersey Transit website and this is the itinerary they have given me to get to the game:-

190 bus from 30th St & Bergenline Avenue

161 bus from 31st St & Bergenline Avenue to RT120 & Continental Arena.

I have looked at a map and see that the first part is in the opposite direction to the Stadium. If I take this, will I get funny looks from other people who might think I am going the wrong way? I have bought a brand new Vilma jersey and my son will be wearing a Pennington shirt.

Unless there is any overwhelming reason to stay in Secaucus, why don't you stay in Manhattan as there will at least be plenty to do when you ar not at the game. You can then take a bus from the Port Authority bus terminal straight to the Meadowlands.

Unless there is any overwhelming reason to stay in Secaucus, why don't you stay in Manhattan as there will at least be plenty to do when you ar not at the game. You can then take a bus from the Port Authority bus terminal straight to the Meadowlands.

Flying over on Saturday via Amsterdam and Detroit and leaving Monday, otherwise I would have stayed in Manhattan. Thought Secaucus was near stadium hence the reason I booked a hotel there. Also we are flying into Newark.

Flying over on Saturday via Amsterdam and Detroit and leaving Monday, otherwise I would have stayed in Manhattan. Thought Secaucus was near stadium hence the reason I booked a hotel there. Also we are flying into Newark.

Do yourself a favor and switch the hotel res to NYC, preferably uptown. You can get the NJTransit bus straight from Port Authority(42nd st and 8th av) cost you about $15 for the 20 minute ride. There's also a local(#164) that leaves before the 2hrs pre-game that this one does. The route you looked up is accurate, but there's really nothing to do in Secaucus and as you can see, it's not really walkable(due to highway safety as opposed to distance). There ARE a couple hotels in East Rutherford/Moonachie you could walk from, but again NYC is the place to be and it's very easy to get that bus. If you really must stay in Secaucus, me and my bro could drop over and give you a lift on the way from Jersey City.

coach , t-mac is right try the marriot marquis in times square, thats where I always stay in nyc. everything is right out your front door within walking distance.

espnzone right down the street. It really is an experience!!!

have taken your advice and changed hotel. Nothing available at marriot marquis but booked into Ramada |Plaza New Yorker, just a few blocks from the Port Authority Bus Terminal. will also be able to have a good night out in manhattan on saturday.

See you in November.

Good move coach, you won't be sorry. a great way to get a quick glimpse of nyc sites is a doubledecker bus trip believe it or not, if time allows. I think the downtown trip is the one. takes about 3 hrs but you catch all the sites. best of luck &enjoy. you are pretty much in the theater district so try to catch a show if you can

Good move coach, you won't be sorry. a great way to get a quick glimpse of nyc sites is a doubledecker bus trip believe it or not, if time allows. I think the downtown trip is the one. takes about 3 hrs but you catch all the sites. best of luck &enjoy. you are pretty much in the theater district so try to catch a show if you can

Thanks for your kind words. Only over for 2 nights so won't have much time, if any, for sightseeing. Was over in March and did the bus tour, helicopter tour, saw a couple of shows and did the usual touristy things. Will probably do some shopping this time as everything in the States is cheaper than in the UK.

Just to let you know, the Bills game was live on U.K. television. Thought we were going to be totally annihilated as the Bills just seemed to be walking over our offensive line. Good that the Jets managed to fight back and almost level the game.

Thanks for your kind words. Only over for 2 nights so won't have much time, if any, for sightseeing. Was over in March and did the bus tour, helicopter tour, saw a couple of shows and did the usual touristy things. Will probably do some shopping this time as everything in the States is cheaper than in the UK.

Just to let you know, the Bills game was live on U.K. television. Thought we were going to be totally annihilated as the Bills just seemed to be walking over our offensive line. Good that the Jets managed to fight back and almost level the game.

Archived