Mafia Game Thread--The Thing

SMC

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to vote: Vicious. Bleedin has been continuously pushing Crusher, and I don't see him doing that if he's scum. Whoever we're looking for right now would have had to be scum for at least the entirety of the last day/night phases, since we haven't had an assimilation since Day 2.

Vicious, on the other hand, has really only been pushing my "case". He probably did not expect CTM to hammer Crusher when he did. Also, only scum should be disappointed with the results from this past night phase. ;)

I'm going to vote: Vicious. Bleedin has been continuously pushing Crusher, and I don't see him doing that if he's scum. Whoever we're looking for right now would have had to be scum for at least the entirety of the last day/night phases, since we haven't had an assimilation since Day 2.

Vicious, on the other hand, has really only been pushing my "case". He probably did not expect CTM to hammer Crusher when he did. Also, only scum should be disappointed with the results from this past night phase. ;)

Asking to be lynched yesterday would be one of the top plays i've seen here if true..

Asking to be lynched yesterday would be one of the top plays i've seen here if true..

I know, it's the only thing giving me pause. But do you think he'd really expect us to go for that? I'm not sure ... no one gave the suggestion serious consideration at the time, so maybe he was counting on that.

As a whole, his play has been much scummier than Bleedin's, in my opinion. Pushing an immediate lynch of JVoR after he revealed and then very resistant to lynching Sharrow.

Would be legit wifom that worked. And rather ballsy.

Exactly, which is why I say it'd be one of the top ones i've seen..

I know, it's the only thing giving me pause. But do you think he'd really expect us to go for that? I'm not sure ... no one gave the suggestion serious consideration at the time, so maybe he was counting on that.

As a whole, his play has been much scummier than Bleedin's, in my opinion. Pushing an immediate lynch of JVoR after he revealed and then very resistant to lynching Sharrow.

Bleedin excels at not seeming scummy.. it's what he does..

Like i said, i wouldn't put it past vic to be this brazient, but that's a great play and out of respect for it, I'd half like to see it to completion and give him a chance to win because of it..

Like i said, i wouldn't put it past vic to be this brazient, but that's a great play and out of respect for it, I'd half like to see it to completion and give him a chance to win because of it..

Would be funny if as alone scum he was just trying to roll over and give up but is getting supreme praise for it.

and fwiw, if i had to bet, I'd bet Vic was the last thing, but i'm by no means sure..

Here are my rundown of thoughts. I'm actually more confident in CTM's innocence after JiF's reveal (it's complicated). I'm a little so-so on JVoR and Pac BOTH being who they say they are, but its possible. Vic I think would be the most likely candidate for a conversion, but one hasn't happened for a little while now, so I'm feeling ok about him for the time being, but he also could've already been hit previously (although if so, the "lynch me" was a ballsy move). That just makes me all the more worried about Dan X, as she seems to be the odd (wo)man out in this scenario, and there's been questions about her for days now.

Back to JVOR and Pac, I'm uneasy about both for different reasons. Pac, I'm just not so sure about a standard "doc" role being in this game, as he's revealed. However, on the flip side that doesn't mean it isn't a similar role that fits in with this game as assimilation protection, but the fact that CTM apparently has a similar (albeit more powerful) ability makes that interesting.

JVOR on the other hand, my question comes from a standpoint of this movie theme, as everything has been crafted rather carefully. Now someone may be able to dispute this quickly and move on, but my impression is that the Things attach in the dark, in a scenario that clearly the humans cannot see but they can. Yet there is this watcher role who can see what is going on. Doesn't it seem strictly from a theme standpoint that this would be more of a Thing power? If I'm wrong about that, please correct me. On the other hand, JVOR seems to be the only evidence of an investigation power in this game, so I'm not convinced he's guilty either.

Its a tough situation and while I wouldn't be against a vote for Vic, I'm feeling best about Dan X right now, as I'm not feeling confident enough to pick between JVOR or Pac just yet.

Vote: Dan X

I completely respect him for trying it if he's scum. It certainly bought him more time! I would rather not let him convert anyone, though. I kind of want to win ... never been on the losing side of a mafia game yet. :D

And to answer your question, Pac visited CTM that night. Would be epic if you two were bussing each other as scummates.

the night there was no conversion? this could actually put pac back in play under the same reasoning, he visited me and failed converting..

Here are my rundown of thoughts. I'm actually more confident in CTM's innocence after JiF's reveal (it's complicated). I'm a little so-so on JVoR and Pac BOTH being who they say they are, but its possible. Vic I think would be the most likely candidate for a conversion, but one hasn't happened for a little while now, so I'm feeling ok about him for the time being, but he also could've already been hit previously (although if so, the "lynch me" was a ballsy move). That just makes me all the more worried about Dan X, as she seems to be the odd (wo)man out in this scenario, and there's been questions about her for days now.

If you have any questions for me, I will answer them. I don't really know how to respond, though, if you're voting for me because you think everyone else is innocent. I understand that being the reason at this point in the game with all the reveals, so just let me know if there's anything specific about me that concerns you.

yep the night there was no conversion.

Dude... All I'm prepared to say is my power has limitations with who I can protect and when I can protect. He actually duped me again into believing he was innocent so I threw a protect on him... This was before I saw his act speaeheading the JiF lynch... Once I saw JiF's power it clicked! CTM was going to convert him and was blocked. He's not the Doc and he's been begging the cop to investigate me so he ain't that either.

I feel like I'm in Groundhog day.... he's going to jerk us around and win again... wow.

i'm not scum, i do have pro town powers.. yes plural..

look no further then the crusher lynch day for clear as day as to my innocence. I started by pushing pac, he reveals as doctor, i consider it and realize that given the rate at which converisons were happenning it's not impossible for me and a doctor to coexist.. I then start the train on crusher.. why would i do that as scum, after working all day towards getting trying to lynch the "doctor"

anyay, put a second vote on me and I'll tell all there is to tell.. but it will significantly muddy the water..

Of course it will.... Please make your tale better than your Ninja Rat story from the Double Blind game... that was lame.

Dude... All I'm prepared to say is my power has limitations with who I can protect and when I can protect. He actually duped me again into believing he was innocent so I threw a protect on him... This was before I saw his act speaeheading the JiF lynch... Once I saw JiF's power it clicked! CTM was going to convert him and was blocked. He's not the Doc and he's been begging the cop to investigate me so he ain't that either.

I feel like I'm in Groundhog day.... he's going to jerk us around and win again... wow.

you are a paranoid dude

The last 3 days we're spent being chased around by i28 (Scum), I was first to vote crusher, (and later hammered him), i also hammered Sharrow.

You also hammered AVM, tried to get the Doc lynched, and somehow managed to convince everyone to hyper lynch a townie with a pretty nifty role.

Are you saying you're not known to bus teammates? You practically invented it.

You also hammered AVM, tried to get the Doc lynched, and somehow managed to convince everyone to hyper lynch a townie with a pretty nifty role.

Are you saying you're not known to bus teammates? You practically invented it.

i'm saying it doesn't make sense. Assuming you are not a filthy lieing vermin for a moment, why would i go hard to lynch an innocent all day, get the doctor claim, and then unvote and be the first to vote crusher ( a teammater, under your proposed theory)

You think scum response to the scrambling would've been to bus their own? Partiuclarly when they just lost sharrow/slats the day before? no way..

i'm saying it doesn't make sense. Assuming you are not a filthy lieing vermin for a moment, why would i go hard to lynch an innocent all day, get the doctor claim, and then unvote and be the first to vote crusher ( a teammater, under your proposed theory)

You think scum response to the scrambling would've been to bus their own? Partiuclarly when they just lost sharrow/slats the day before? no way..

are you saying peeling off your vote from the claimed Doc makes you innocent?

Is everyone getting this?

are you saying peeling off your vote from the claimed Doc makes you innocent?

Is everyone getting this?

ohh boy.. why would you twist words.. pathetic.. i do believe you to be innocent, which is why i won't volley back..

if you think there's not enough nuggets of pac turd's shat all over this thread leading a trail straight to evil, you're nutz

BTW, I had to go back through this and see who everyone was to get it right in my head, considering these names meant nothing to me the first time through. In case anyone else finds it helpful, I just went through and put together all the names (and whether they were a Thing) for the people we know.

1. Jets Voice of Reason

2. Vicious89x

3. Integrity28 - Copper (Thing)

4. AVM - Clark

5. Sharrow - Palmer (Thing)

6. CTM

7. Bleedin' Green

8. DanX

9. The Crusher - Norris (Thing)

10. Pac256

11. JiF - Gary

12. Slats - Bennings (Thing)

I have to be honest, I'm thinking this over again and again and something just isn't adding up. We currently have 3 claimed roles. We have another unclaimed role out there and a claimed roleless townie. From my perspective, that's everyone. That only further increases my wariness of JVOR or Pac.

And perhaps I'm interpreting his reveal a little too literally, but does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that Pac claimed doc and the only doctor in the movie is now the remains of an exploded Thing? My prior comments on JVOR's claim still stand as well. Something just isn't right here.

I have to be honest, I'm thinking this over again and again and something just isn't adding up. We currently have 3 claimed roles. We have another unclaimed role out there and a claimed roleless townie. From my perspective, that's everyone. That only further increases my wariness of JVOR or Pac.

And perhaps I'm interpreting his reveal a little too literally, but does anyone have any thoughts on the fact that Pac claimed doc and the only doctor in the movie is now the remains of an exploded Thing? My prior comments on JVOR's claim still stand as well. Something just isn't right here.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I would expect certain things to look different from your perspective ...

And I'm a bit confused about why you think it's impossible for both JVoR and Pac to be roled.

Hmm. Now that you mention it, I would expect certain things to look different from your perspective ...

And I'm a bit confused about why you think it's impossible for both JVoR and Pac to be roled.

Not impossible. Things just seem sketchy there. I feel like the math isn't adding up here somehow on how many roles we have now, how many we have left un-revealed and how many people there are.

Although I do rescind one comment. I'm a moron, there was more then one doctor in the movie, so that comment was completely nonsensical.

Archived