if MLB had a new draft, of every player....

Blackout

a la that football article that was posted a day or two ago in the football forum

if you were a GM what would your draft list look like?

i'd have to say:

1-Albert Pujols (don't care that a good portion of his career is done, he's the best)

2-Ryan Howard

3-Tim Lincecum

4-Hanley Ramirez

5-Jason Heyward

6-Evan Longoria

7-Prince Fielder

8-Adrian Gonzalez

9-Dusty Pedroia

10-Matt Kemp

again, this is long term...not one or two years (if it was I'd have to include Mariano, as he is the ultimate weapon)

The fact that you skipped Joe Mauer is a big reason no one is responding

he's a catcher.....catchers have huge tolls taken on their bodies and miss 1/5 of the teams games

i'd rather have a rather affordable defensive catcher like Yadier Molina...only 3 mill a year for an "Average" hitter who can play amazing defense as a catcher

Pitchers only play in one in 5 games, are injured more than every day players, yet you list Lincecum at 3.

Lincecum is a freakin' phenom

Catcher is not a marketable position, I don't want to pay 15 million a season to a guy who I'll have to worry about a decline soon and that's that.

just shut up and post your own list instead of being a jackass as usual.

Lincecum is a freakin' phenom

Catcher is not a marketable position, I don't want to pay 15 million a season to a guy who I'll have to worry about a decline soon and that's that.

just shut up and post your own list instead of being a jackass as usual.

Based on the stats that Mauer has, one would have to say that he is a "phenom" as well.

What does "marketability" have to do with anything? Do you want these players to play or sell yearbooks for you? Your beginning criteria said nothing about marketability.

If you are so soft that you can't take comment on your list, don't start one to begin with.

Archived