Doggin94it

Wow, you're almost as awesome as Stallone was in the movie your avatar is from.

If Wallace was already dead, Doggin wouldn't have waited for him to turn in a night action, so we weren't waiting on Wallace.

There is absolutely a such thing thing as a mafia cop, especially in games with multiple mafia teams (like in a game where the theme is about four natons). The real bitch will be if the mafia has a dayfinder. Of course to offset the power of that role, a mod might make it a condition that the player investigated is notified that they were investigated.

Of course, I'm just talking out of my weird ass here, because I'm sure that Doggin wouldn't do that. Nah.

Wallace had no reason at all to say "mafia finder", unless ohe knew that there was one. And how would he know that?

The trick to this will be to keep your minds open. I'm not saying that an mafia-dayfinder that announces in this game. I'm just saying that it might be.

I am saying with certainty that if we go down the line, voting each player up until they reveal, the town will lose this game.

Fredo, I don't know who you are but did you play the Star Wars game? While no two games have direct impacts on each other, the scum team did have a finder.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Right now, we know Sonny loves 3rd Bass. Tony isnt very good at this game and has posted some sketchy ****. Fredo has some wild strange ideas. Lefty has done a complete 180 with this attitude/tone. And we have a bunch of inactives.

The whining is crap - agreed. Get over it, or go play "Helo Kitty" mafia.

The lack of posting tells me that people don't want to post because they are afraid to give something up or attract attention.

Sonny's PR is interesting.

Tony is flip-flopping, but us not driving toward anything or trying to manipulate, so it might just be Jet-rash.

I'm always weird. Suck it.

Ahhhh...he we are...a 180 in attitude. Now why would someone do that?

*PING*

Since no one likes my idea about not voting, let's hear what good 'ol Lefty has to say about that.

vote Lefty

This just seems like a lot of assuming. We dont really know when who submitted what...to speculate that seems futile. How is it going to help find scum?

IMO we need to focus on whats apparent in the thread that we can see...we cant see what happens behind the scenes (or maybe you can ;)).

Right now, we know Sonny loves 3rd Bass. Tony isnt very good at this game and has posted some sketchy ****. Fredo has some wild strange ideas. Lefty has done a complete 180 with this attitude/tone. And we have a bunch of inactives.

I'm choosing to focus on Tony because of his flip flopping should I stay or should I go routine, and then it was reinforced when he finally reread after 10 hours only to throw a vote on someone for the same exact thing he said earlier in the game. That is as good as a reason to vote someone as you can find in these games...and I cant wait to hear his response to Ace calling him out on it.

FWIW, This isnt directed solely at you Snaps...this is just something I wanted to get out there because I think worrying about Marcellus and the timing of everything that happened at night is focusing on what we can control and what we dont know. We have enough to go on thats happening in plain view to make an informed decision.

Frank, I agree that we should be focusing on what we can see rather than what we assume happened off-board. Thus, I agree with your assessment above. I was just pointing out something on the Marcellus situation.

The Marcellus situation is pretty much irrelevant now. It peaked my interest because of Fredo's Jeckel & Hyde response. First, he claimed I was an idiot for thinking Marcellus' death was a coincidence, then when challenged on his point he backed down quickly and then it became apparent that he was prone to wacky ideas.

Moving forward, the Soprano thing is tempting but I just worry that there are unconventional roles in this game. So while Soprano may not be a doc or cop, she (yes, the player is a she) may have an important role in the grand scheme of things.

Fredo, I don't know who you are but did you play the Star Wars game? While no two games have direct impacts on each other, the scum team did have a finder.

You may want to tell that to Snaps.

Sigh, no, the scum team didn't have a "finder".

They had a watcher (who was DPR). A finder and a watcher is 2 different roles. Capone as the finder could tell alignment by what nation the player belonged to. In other words, Capone was the cop.

DPR

You may want to tell that to Snaps.

Sigh, no, the scum team didn't have a "finder".

They had a watcher (who was DPR). A finder and a watcher is 2 different roles. Capone as the finder could tell alignment by what nation the player belonged to. In other words, Capone was the cop.

DPR in the other game could know what someone did (in CTM's situation that he was looking for someone).

If Wallace was already dead, Doggin wouldn't have waited for him to turn in a night action, so we weren't waiting on Wallace.

Mafia FAIL, Fredo.

All night actions are treated as simultaneous. The nightkilling doesn't prevent the targetted player from his night action going through.

Marcellus, AS THE DOCTOR, would put in his protection even if he was targetted for night killing. Hello, if he protected himself he wouldn't have been Nightkilled.

How about you cool out . The Site vs Site crap has been beat to death already is there a need to keep insulting like a retard ? Just back off and play the game like you suggest and stop pointing fingers.

Sorry, I tend to agree with Frank. What I find more annoying than anything is a bunch of stuck up people coming here and whining about the way we play. And then touting how experienced they are and lecturing on how mafia should be played.

How about you cool out . The Site vs Site crap has been beat to death already is there a need to keep insulting like a retard ? Just back off and play the game like you suggest and stop pointing fingers.

This is your contribution for the day jackass? Seriously? Who's the one focused on the site vs. site crap? Obviously you. I've contributed to the game...you've contributed to the site vs. site crap...which I'm obviously joking about.

I made post complaining about people viewing the thread and not contributing...gave some reasons on why I think this may be happening...you're only post of the day is addressing the site vs. site issue, while I'm playing the game.

Maybe you should listen to your own adive or aonther idea is...GFY.

Snaps, you're right that people are getting confused by roles. But there are most definitely finders for every alignment, and during each phase. Doggin would know that.

Marcelles was the "healer" aka, the doctor. The term "healer" is flavor based on the game set up.

Capone was the "finder" aka, the cop. The term "finder" is flavor based on the game setup.

Again, the point is been belaboured but there is no such thing as a scum finder. There is a scum tracker or watcher, but they don't have investigative role to reveal a player's alignment.

Regardless, the argument is a waste of time. I thought you brought it up as a distraction and, yes, we've been distracted, but hardly anyone believes it because it makes no sense.

I like Frank's suggestion about focusing on the here-and-now.

Mafia FAIL, Fredo.

All night actions are treated as simultaneous. The nightkilling doesn't prevent the targetted player from his night action going through.

Marcellus, AS THE DOCTOR, would put in his protection even if he was targetted for night killing. Hello, if he protected himself he wouldn't have been Nightkilled.

Agreed. I dont' really follow why we're arguing semantics of roles here?

Mafia FAIL, Fredo.

That's true. I'm taking for granted that he had already covered the Avatar.

Marcelles was the "healer" aka, the doctor. The term "healer" is flavor based on the game set up.

Capone was the "finder" aka, the cop. The term "finder" is flavor based on the game setup.

Again, the point is been belaboured but there is no such thing as a scum finder. There is a scum tracker or watcher, but they don't have investigative role to reveal a player's alignment.

Regardless, the argument is a waste of time. I thought you brought it up as a distraction and, yes, we've been distracted, but hardly anyone believes it because it makes no sense.

I like Frank's suggestion about focusing on the here-and-now.

That's fine, but don't get it in your head that "there is no such role." That would be cutting yourself off from looking at the game from certain angles.

Have you played here before?

I'm not interested in a our site/your site debate, but in EVERY GAME I've played here, all night actions happen simultaneously. So if you and I both had killing roles and we took aim at each other, no matter when we put those actions in both of us would be dead when the following day phase opened up.

There is absolutely a such thing thing as a mafia cop, especially in games with multiple mafia teams (like in a game where the theme is about four natons). The real bitch will be if the mafia has a dayfinder. Of course to offset the power of that role, a mod might make it a condition that the player investigated is notified that they were investigated.

This is some extremely serious speculation here.

In the few cases where we've seen day actions here, they're usually on hold for day one. So that seems unlikely off the bat. Second, if the mafia had a day finder who investigated Marcellus, and he was notified, don't you think that might've prompted him to post? And he was only alerted in this wild speculation of yours after the night phase had begun? I'm thinking that if he was aware of the mafia's interest in him, he may've considered protecting himself last night, too.

But mostly, I think you're doing more to try to confuse the town than help find scum - and confusion is what scum wants.

unvote

vote: Fredo

Frank, I agree that we should be focusing on what we can see rather than what we assume happened off-board. Thus, I agree with your assessment above. I was just pointing out something on the Marcellus situation.

The Marcellus situation is pretty much irrelevant now. It peaked my interest because of Fredo's Jeckel & Hyde response. First, he claimed I was an idiot for thinking Marcellus' death was a coincidence, then when challenged on his point he backed down quickly and then it became apparent that he was prone to wacky ideas.

Moving forward, the Soprano thing is tempting but I just worry that there are unconventional roles in this game. So while Soprano may not be a doc or cop, she (yes, the player is a she) may have an important role in the grand scheme of things.

Fair enough. I worry about this as well. We dont want to make a bad mistake. I'd like to hear from Tony again and I'm open to suggestions...but too many things bother me about his play and I dont know why you'd play this way if you have role like we think is out there...

- His remarks about how his death will help the town, please kill me...and now he wants to stay, why flip flop?

- His I'm a bad ass attitude, I've taken down Doggin, etc its not only annoying...but its also like, yeah I'm scummy but I'm good at this game so dont lynch me

- His I'm rereading for 10 hours to finally make a case against someone for the exact same thing he said earlier in the game.

I know I'm repeating myself, but this is the most glaringly suspicious play as of now.

Though Lefty is concerning as well, sketchy play turned 180...why?

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that

The 5 most active posters thus far are:

Tommy

Lefty

Fredo

Snaps

Ace

Chances are that at least 1 of the 5 are scum. The reason I say that is that in every game I played in there was 1 scum who was out front.

Of the 4 (naturally, I exclude myself because it's hard to be suspicious of yourself), Lefty and Fredo pique my interest (Lefty's 180 like Frank mentioned, and Fredo's "potentially" move to distract with weird theories).

I voted for Nicky because his low activity rate. No, I don't like voting for inactives just for inactivity, but after what happened to Marcellus I would think that would spur a low volumn guy to contribute more.

He has 9 posts thus far. Hill & Conway are low as well.

Actions: Night actions will occur instantly, unless otherwise specified. This means that two people night-killing each other will both die (unless one is saved somehow) . Any action not submitted by the deadline will be forfeit for that phase and I will only accept the first action submitted. Once you send in your action, that

The 5 most active posters thus far are:

Tommy

Lefty

Fredo

Snaps

Ace

Chances are that at least 1 of the 5 are scum. The reason I say that is that in every game I played in there was 1 scum who was out front.

Of the 4 (naturally, I exclude myself because it's hard to be suspicious of yourself), Lefty and Fredo pique my interest (Lefty's 180 like Frank mentioned, and Fredo's "potentially" move to distract with weird theories).

I voted for Nicky because his low activity rate. No, I don't like voting for inactives just for inactivity, but after what happened to Marcellus I would think that would spur a low volumn guy to contribute more.

He has 9 posts thus far. Hill & Conway are low as well.

Agreed. The mafia would be wise to have a front man trying to direct the game.

I'm not totally convinced that it isn't Tony S. with all of the whining.

No, you're a ghey dooshie! :box:

We can ask Doggin for a clarification if you like, but I'm pretty sure he's telling us above that all night actions happen simultaneously. In other words - that Marcellus had the option to protect and save himself from the NK even after the NK on him was submitted.

I agree - I had overlooked it, but pointed it out to clarify.

I agree - I had overlooked it, but pointed it out to clarify.

So what about this daytime mafia finder of yours, then? Marcellus' whole theory was based on the fact that Capone's death scene listed him as town finder. The word "town" led him to speculate that there might be a mafia finder, too. But once his death scene revealed him to be the town healer, shouldn't that whole theory have been put to rest?

It was weak to begin with, and the evidence was immediately refuted.

I think the points we are arguing are fairly irrelevant here.. Was Marcellus the last to submit a night action.. is there a day scum cop.. is there a night scum cop...

Who knows? Theres really know way to tell until the end of the game. I will say that a scum cop makes pretty much no sense to me. Scum tracker/watcher yes, cop no.

Given, many people here are much more Mafia experienced than me.. thats fine, but from my limited experience, people who keep pushing these conspiracy theories (Fredo) tend to be scumsters.

That being said, I still think we should be moving towards Tony S... If (s)he says that lynching shim will be beneficial to town, we should do it. What we should not do is reveal another inn so the scum then have 1 less person to shoot for. Tony S's lynch represents a fairly low risk/high reward scenario though.

In Doggin's lynch post it said Al Capone was the townie finder, which leads me to believe there may also be a mafia finder, with similar finder results.

Granted, I'm just speculating - but why say that at all? In every other game, the alignment is given with the role.

But there is no reason to focus on it. Just keep it in the evidence box to see if anyone else says anything.

Lefty is the guy i was deciding on between him and Ace. I'll vote there as well, or virgil.

There should be a lot to learn from the Al lynch, remember scum knew he was telling the truth. Lefty did everything but vote him, ace prodded more subtly, and Virgil stealth hammered.

Scum knows who innocents are Sonny, they don't know the roles. That's a peculiar thing to say.

I think he's saying that Lefty's positioning would be reflective of someone that knew Al was town.

Fredo, I can guarantee you that there are scum on the Al train as well.

In my humble opinion the first day and night absolutely killed us. We're grasping at straws here and I can't even begin to start to try and formulate a valid theory here. Lefty comes off as a doosher but whatever some people play that way, Ace looks pretty clean to me and has made sound counter arguments to Tony's cases. Virgil is the scummiest to me but that's more due to his "I'm from DM and I am a giant killer" attitude. I never like stealth hammer and have rarely seen it be anything outside of a scum move.

You quote a post shortly after learning that we lost our doc on the heels of losing our cop where I say, "I hope Doggin supplied us with a backup doc," and try to suggest that I'm role fishing? Where in there am I asking for a reveal?

In fact, as soon as Al claimed cop, I was the first to pipe and say, no counter-claims, please!

But the irony in you trying to portray that as role fishing can be found in one of tyour previous posts:

So when I mention the hope of having a backup doc, I'm rolefishing. When you do it your -what?- the concerned, helpful townie?

Hypocrite much?

I mean, if you want to use something I've said against me, you should really try to make it something that you haven't also said. Of course, you've gone one step further. You're saying if anyone claims those roles we can't trust them. So now after offing our original cop and doc, should we get another cop or doc claim we should lynch them, too? This is what you're suggesting, right?

I just want to be clear here.

This is a big game. One that's dependent upon keeping the Avatar alive 'til all the scum are dead. I definitely think it's possible that there's at least a backup doc given the setup of the game. If there is, and we push that player to a reveal, I'll review that claim on it's individual merit, thanks.

That's an awful lot of protesting, sugar, for an innocent man. ;)

Archived