Doggin94it

Yep. Marcellus must have been a shot-in-the dark type NK and the scum got lucky by hitting a power role. I wouldn't think he would have been targeted for a specific reason.

Unfortunately with Capone's mess we don't have much to go one. We'll have to look closer to see if there's any clues.

The more I think about it with what I would assume is 5 goons sitting around...they could probably figure out what I think was his basic 4 posts. I'm here....Vote Joe....He was the only one to make a point that he was NOT going after Al due to reveal...and then the last one with what was a pretty good little tidbit on town and most likely a scum finder due to Doggin's wording. Actually it was probably the post stating he wasn't going after Al due to the reveal that gave them the best clue.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The more I think about it with what I would assume is 5 goons sitting around...they could probably figure out what I think was his basic 4 posts. I'm here....Vote Joe....He was the only one to make a point that he was NOT going after Al due to reveal...and then the last one with what was a pretty good little tidbit on town and most likely a scum finder due to Doggin's wording. Actually it was probably the post stating he wasn't going after Al due to the reveal that gave them the best clue.

If there are 5 mafia, then we really don't have a chance.

Wow. Tough first day...

FWIW.. Marcellus only real post was pretty much voting Joe Cabot.. now hes dead. Could be a mafia WIFOM to put pressure there though.

Secondly.. Virgil was not at all remorseful after hammering our Cop. Me no likey his "sorry but not sorry bout it" tirade afterwards...

I personally hate this play if he's scum. The "I work for a living so can't post you're all losers with no life" thing as a scum scam would be dirty even for scum. Would kinda take the fun out of the game imo. I mean come up with something better if you're using that as a gimmick, imo.

Yep. Marcellus must have been a shot-in-the dark type NK and the scum got lucky by hitting a power role. I wouldn't think he would have been targeted for a specific reason.

Unfortunately with Capone's mess we don't have much to go one. We'll have to look closer to see if there's any clues.

You think Marcellus, the healer, mentions a mafia finder and then dies, and it's a coincidence? We need more intellects like yours. Really. :hand:

I personally hate this play if he's scum. The "I work for a living so can't post you're all losers with no life" thing as a scum scam would be dirty even for scum. Would kinda take the fun out of the game imo. I mean come up with something better if you're using that as a gimmick, imo.

I agree with this. If you signed up, you figured you were going to play, so lurking is suspect.

You think Marcellus, the healer, mentions a mafia finder and then dies, and it's a coincidence? We need more intellects like yours. Really. :hand:

I think they're unrelated. We don't know that mafia was the last to put in their night action. They easily could've had it in before his post. I also don't think he was onto anything. Here's his post:

In Doggin's lynch post it said Al Capone was the townie finder, which leads me to believe there may also be a mafia finder, with similar finder results.

Referring to this one:

Toph, the town Finder, is dead. Night actions are due by 7am Thursday morning.

But then here's his death scene:

Katara (Marcellus Wallace), the town's healer, has been killed.

Do we think scum have a healer, too? Of course not.

Besides, mafia doesn't need a traditional finder being that they know who's scum and who's not. That's not to say they don't have a role finder, watcher, tracker, etc. - just that I don't think that Wallace's scum finder comment got him killed.

I think they're unrelated. We don't know that mafia was the last to put in their night action. They easily could've had it in before his post. I also don't think he was onto anything. Here's his post:

Referring to this one:

But then here's his death scene:

Do we think scum have a healer, too? Of course not.

Besides, mafia doesn't need a traditional finder being that they know who's scum and who's not. That's not to say they don't have a role finder, watcher, tracker, etc. - just that I don't think that Wallace's scum finder comment got him killed.

I'm pretty sure you missed his point. He was talking about an earlier post where Marcellus was basically the only poster to state that he wouldn't vote Al b/c of his claim.

How do YOU know that the scum didn't put in their night action before Marcellus made that post???

At 7:21 pm YESTERDAY, Doggin posts the death scene.

At 5:21 pm TODAY Marcellus makes his post about a finder.

Are you saying the Scum waited 22 hours before submitting their night action? Why would they do that?

So, the Scum were just waiting around for someone to say something revealing in the night phase?

That's preposterous and as stupid or scummy as Capone's post.

I'm not lurking. I'm also not able to do 20 posts a day. I check in in the evening and try to make a post after reading thru all the speculations. I don't post just to hear myself type... I try to wait until I have something to say... all the talk in my direction about how I'm lurking and not participating ect forces me to say something just to let it be known I AM here and trying to follow the game. Damned if you do damned if you don't. I'm quiet so I must be scum. I post in retaliation to that so I'm suspicious. I have boobs so I'm obviously mafia. But then, so does Crusher.:rolleyes:

It was pretty late in the night phase. My guess is that they had sent in their kill long before that. In fact, I bet Marsellus is the reason the night took so long. What probably isn't a coincedence is that the night phase was over shortly after he showed up.

How do YOU know that the scum didn't put in their night action before Marcellus made that post???

At 7:21 pm YESTERDAY, Doggin posts the death scene.

At 5:21 pm TODAY Marcellus makes his post about a finder.

Are you saying the Scum waited 22 hours before submitting their night action? Why would they do that?

So, the Scum were just waiting around for someone to say something revealing in the night phase?

That's preposterous and as stupid or scummy as Capone's post.

...And again... he mentioned this a lot earlier in Day phase. I too think that was the give away...look not like Marcellus made a bad play but it was a good find and definitely some luck on scum's part.

I'm pretty sure you missed his point. He was talking about an earlier post where Marcellus was basically the only poster to state that he wouldn't vote Al b/c of his claim.

No, I think I understood it pretty clearly. Oscar and Lefty are commenting on the same point.

I see where you mentioned it earlier:

The more I think about it with what I would assume is 5 goons sitting around...they could probably figure out what I think was his basic 4 posts. I'm here....Vote Joe....He was the only one to make a point that he was NOT going after Al due to reveal

But you also make mention of Wallace offering "a pretty good tidbit... "

...and then the last one with what was a pretty good little tidbit on town and most likely a scum finder due to Doggin's wording. Actually it was probably the post stating he wasn't going after Al due to the reveal that gave them the best clue.

...which I think is worthless as a contribution for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, and nothing to do with his death.

I'm not lurking. I'm also not able to do 20 posts a day. I check in in the evening and try to make a post after reading thru all the speculations. I don't post just to hear myself type... I try to wait until I have something to say... all the talk in my direction about how I'm lurking and not participating ect forces me to say something just to let it be known I AM here and trying to follow the game. Damned if you do damned if you don't. I'm quiet so I must be scum. I post in retaliation to that so I'm suspicious. I have boobs so I'm obviously mafia. But then, so does Crusher.:rolleyes:

So basically, you've had nothing to say all game. Ok.

...And again... he mentioned this a lot earlier in Day phase. I too think that was the give away...look not like Marcellus made a bad play but it was a good find and definitely some luck on scum's part.

What are you talking about, Tommy? Marcellus had THREE posts the entire game:

Checking in

Joe Cabbot

I would rather not lynch someone claiming a finder type role.

And the following in the night phase:

In Doggin's lynch post it said Al Capone was the townie finder, which leads me to believe there may also be a mafia finder, with similar finder results.

No where does he make mention of the finder until his final post, which as after 5 pm today.

No, I think I understood it pretty clearly. Oscar and Lefty are commenting on the same point.

I see where you mentioned it earlier:

But you also make mention of Wallace offering "a pretty good tidbit... "

...which I think is worthless as a contribution for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post, and nothing to do with his death.

then I would say we sort of agree in I think it was a pretty good tidbit (something to note) Yet I agree it had nothing to do with his NK.

Joe Cabbot

I would rather not lynch someone claiming a finder type role.

Made during Day Phase.

Probably helped scum with their guess. He was the only one to make this type of statement. Everyone else had different reasons.

Can we move on now?

What are you talking about, Tommy? Marcellus had THREE posts the entire game:

And the following in the night phase:

No where does he make mention of the finder until his final post, which as after 5 pm today.

Will you please re-read your own post and then politely apologize...:rolleyes:

Will you please re-read your own post and then politely apologize...:rolleyes:

Nothing to apologize about, Tommy. I know what I wrote.

Capone claimed he was a finder. He could have claimed he was any type of power role.

So Marcellus was going on what Capone said. If Capone claimed he was the doctor, it would appear that Marcellus would have said he wasn't voting for someone claiming a doctor-like role.

Again, there was nothing intuitive or insightful about what Marcells wrote that would make him a target.

In fact, Fredo was referring to his LATER post during the night phase rather than his 2nd out of 3rd total posts.

We can move on from that, but I would have liked to hear what Fredo had to say before you jumped to Fredo's defense.

:gay:

Nothing to apologize about, Tommy. I know what I wrote.

Capone claimed he was a finder. He could have claimed he was any type of power role.

So Marcellus was going on what Capone said. If Capone claimed he was the doctor, it would appear that Marcellus would have said he wasn't voting for someone claiming a doctor-like role.

Again, there was nothing intuitive or insightful about what Marcells wrote that would make him a target.

In fact, Fredo was referring to his LATER post during the night phase rather than his 2nd out of 3rd total posts.

We can move on from that, but I would have liked to hear what Fredo had to say before you jumped to Fredo's defense.

Ok fine, just do me a favor and re-read your own post #332. No need to apologize, go on with your bad self. I agree with we are ALL assuming we know what "post" Fredo was talking about. So let's hear what he has to say. My humble apologies for butting in. :rolleyes:

As for the rest, I'm saying that Marcellus had some reason to think that the mafia had a finder, or why bring it up? It makes no sense.

I could say that I think that the mob has a flamethrower. Next thinng you know, I show up as Mr. Crispy. Coincidence?

There was no reason to hit Marcellus. Then he died, and he was the healer.

That's all I'm saying.

Ouch. That really hurts. We need to get this right.

I honestly dont know why the mafia chose Marcellus, maybe it was wifom on Joe, maybe it was the stretch chance mafia saw that post around 5:20 and reacted. Who knows. Neither of it IMO is great to work from.

Lefty shrugging off this lose is concerning. Especially his reaction toward Tommy calling him out on it. Might look back at some of his work this game.

Ouch. That really hurts. We need to get this right.

I honestly dont know why the mafia chose Marcellus, maybe it was wifom on Joe, maybe it was the stretch chance mafia saw that post around 5:20 and reacted. Who knows. Neither of it IMO is great to work from.

Lefty shrugging off this lose is concerning. Especially his reaction toward Tommy calling him out on it. Might look back at some of his work this game.

O Rly? I'd like to hear about my reaction specifically.

I'm looking forward to it. This game has been pretty boring, imo. Half the people are barely even playing and that 1st day had the least amount of funny out of every game I've played. Usually there's at least a good amount of humor on day 1. The only time I really laughed was when Montana asked everyone to be PG. And that wasn't even intentional.

Ok fine, just do me a favor and re-read your own post #332. No need to apologize, go on with your bad self. I agree with we are ALL assuming we know what "post" Fredo was talking about. So let's hear what he has to say. My humble apologies for butting in. :rolleyes:

No need to be sarcastic.

Marcellus says he's not voting for a claimed power role and you're insinuating that that is some insightful argument which got him killed which it wasn't.

As for the rest, I'm saying that Marcellus had some reason to think that the mafia had a finder, or why bring it up? It makes no sense.

I could say that I think that the mob has a flamethrower. Next thinng you know, I show up as Mr. Crispy. Coincidence?

There was no reason to hit Marcellus. Then he died, and he was the healer.

That's all I'm saying.

Marcellus was talking out of his ass about a mafia finder.

He was the healer, right? I think that's another name for a doctor, right? Since this game is not in the normal mafia universe (given the avatar mythology), I would believe that healer and doctor would be synonymous.

Thus, in a normal mafia universe, what would a "finder" be? I would say a cop, right? A finder wouldn't be a tracker or a watcher because none of the "find" things. A cop does because he does an investigation. Thus, in my estimation, we lost the doc and cop.

In other words, Marcellus was talking out his ass because there is no reason to believe that if there is a cop in the game the mafia would also have it's own version of a cop.

No need to be sarcastic.

Marcellus says he's not voting for a claimed power role and you're insinuating that that is some insightful argument which got him killed which it wasn't.

I'm not insinuating anything. I'm flatout telling you that, imo it was probably the best reason for them to pick and NK Marcellus. I think it was a lucky guess...not that they knew for sure... but that they probably used THAT post to choose from the litter. What? You think they picked him out of a freaking hat?

Archived