the Greek God of Walks?

Blackout

He got the nickname while in college...I THINK from the A's front office...how've you guys never read MoneyBall? I read it when I was 14 and it pretty much revolutionized the way I see things in both sports and life...Does that sound like excessive praise?

the guy has never finished in the top 6 in walks in the AL and yet Bill James gave him this nickname? (I think it was James).

Seriously, do you follow baseball? You're acting like he was just dubbed the Greek God of Walks because of his major league track record. In reality, he received the nickname while in the minors.

You'd know that if you read Moneyball, one of the most well-known modern baseball books.

Since I'm not sure you know how to read, you'll be delighted to know that a film based on the book is scheduled to be released next year.

Seriously, do you follow baseball? You're acting like he was just dubbed the Greek God of Walks because of his major league track record. In reality, he received the nickname while in the minors.

You'd know that if you read Moneyball, one of the most well-known modern baseball books.

Since I'm not sure you know how to read, you'll be delighted to know that a film based on the book is scheduled to be released next year.

I read baseball biographies Lurker....reading "The Luckiest Man" about Gehrig right now infact.

no need to act like a child in your response

I read baseball biographies Lurker....reading "The Luckiest Man" about Gehrig right now infact.

Not for nothing, but Moneyball is pretty much the most influential baseball book to come out since Bill James' early stuff. It's a baseball must read.

great, he reads baseball biographies.

Every baseball fan I know is familiar with Moneyball.

This is not some esoteric text. The nickname was famous and goes back years.

You're criticizing the nickname based on major league performance when he got the nickname 7+ years ago? Really?

Hint: when he was given the nickname, people were not aware of precisely how many walks he'd draw in the major leagues.

It's the only language you understand. I tried using standard English in the past, but it doesn't sink in with you. I figure I have to communicate using your language from now on.

great, he reads baseball biographies.

Every baseball fan I know is familiar with Moneyball.

This is not some esoteric text. The nickname was famous and goes back years.

You're criticizing the nickname based on major league performance when he got the nickname 7+ years ago? Really?

Hint: when he was given the nickname, people were not aware of precisely how many walks he'd draw in the major leagues.

It's the only language you understand. I tried using standard English in the past, but it doesn't sink in with you. I figure I have to communicate using your language from now on.

wow...you must live a happy life.

so bitter :rolleyes:

Just getting tired of trying to explain things to idiots like yourself.

Your life must be a happy one, considering you live it on a messageboard, and your primary accomplishments are reaching post count milestones.

:rl:

Archived