Posada to the DL...out 3-4 weeks

AFJF

Romine without a doubt...hitting better right now and defensively not even a question.

Word.

I feel like I've been waiting eons to see Montero called up. And he's what 20 years old:-D? I haven't payed attention to the baby bombers as much as I did in years past, but I did hear that Montero was off to a slow start this season in AAA.

When I lived in Tampa and went to the spring training practices I use to watch 3 guys - Jackson, Tabata, and Montero. 2 years later and we're down to 1 of those guys.

Word.

I feel like I've been waiting eons to see Montero called up. And he's what 20 years old:-D? I haven't payed attention to the baby bombers as much as I did in years past, but I did hear that Montero was off to a slow start this season in AAA.

When I lived in Tampa and went to the spring training practices I use to watch 3 guys - Jackson, Tabata, and Montero. 2 years later and we're down to 1 of those guys.

I'd love to see Romine or Montero get called up, but odds are it's going to be Chad Moehller who gets the nod. Familiarity with some of the pitchers, the team etc. There's no real reason to call up Montero or Romine to be a backup to Cervelli and get very limited at bats. It's much better for their progress to stay in the minors and continue to get a consistent number of at bats.

I know what ya mean about the big 3, but the one who I never wanted to lose was Montero and I'm glad he's the one we still have. I'm still waiting for Dellin Betances to get his act together; the kid has absolutely dominating stuff, he just needs to get his delivery consistent. Which is no easy task for the huge frame he has at 6'8, but his stuff is just filthy.

I'd love to see Romine or Montero get called up, but odds are it's going to be Chad Moehller who gets the nod. Familiarity with some of the pitchers, the team etc. There's no real reason to call up Montero or Romine to be a backup to Cervelli and get very limited at bats. It's much better for their progress to stay in the minors and continue to get a consistent number of at bats.

I know what ya mean about the big 3, but the one who I never wanted to lose was Montero and I'm glad he's the one we still have. I'm still waiting for Dellin Betances to get his act together; the kid has absolutely dominating stuff, he just needs to get his delivery consistent. Which is no easy task for the huge frame he has at 6'8, but his stuff is just filthy.

True, I didn't think Moehller was still with the Yanks.

I would like to see Brackman figure his **** out too. I always would run into him when I lived in Tampa. Nice kid. Tall as ****. 6'11'' to my 5'7''...

True, I didn't think Moehller was still with the Yanks.

I would like to see Brackman figure his **** out too. I always would run into him when I lived in Tampa. Nice kid. Tall as ****. 6'11'' to my 5'7''...

The only reason I brought up Moehler was becuase I remember them picking him up a little while ago.

And I totally forgot about Brackman, I was really excited when they drafted him. He was pretty dominant at NC State, when he wasn't playing basketball haha. That was part of the whole Yankees going for total upside and not caring that he needed Tommy john or surgery.

Damn, thanks for reminding me haha. With grad school, I haven't had nearly the amount of free time to follow the young guys as I used to and I'd like to get back into it a bit.

You wouldn't happen to know how he's been doing this year would ya?? I've got finals tomorrow so after that I'll be able to get some more info from my friends down in tampa and staten island etc. I'll see what I can dig up.

The only reason I brought up Moehler was becuase I remember them picking him up a little while ago.

And I totally forgot about Brackman, I was really excited when they drafted him. He was pretty dominant at NC State, when he wasn't playing basketball haha. That was part of the whole Yankees going for total upside and not caring that he needed Tommy john or surgery.

Damn, thanks for reminding me haha. With grad school, I haven't had nearly the amount of free time to follow the young guys as I used to and I'd like to get back into it a bit.

You wouldn't happen to know how he's been doing this year would ya?? I've got finals tomorrow so after that I'll be able to get some more info from my friends down in tampa and staten island etc. I'll see what I can dig up.

I don't know how he's been doing this year, I stopped checking last year when people were tagging him with bust. I remember he walked a ton of people.

I usually check the Nomaas.org forums for that kind of info.

I'm not gonna lie after the World Series I haven't been on top of the Yanks like I use to be.

Archived