My Band Is Getting Really Good

SoFlaJets

I've had this band Tropical Storm that I've been playing with on and off for the last 22 years since I moved down here. Now I've had a bunch of different cats who have come and gone but the core remains with me on acoustic, vocals, and harmonica, my friends Tim and Patrick on bass and drums, another Jersey boy Glen is the lead guitarist and excellent back up vocalist but the thing that has really given this band a new energy and a great sound is the addition of my 17 year old (and BIG Jets fan) son James Dominick playing keyboards. The kid has been playing for less than a year now and is going to be a GREAT musician. I told him when he hits it big he has to buy me and his mother a house-I think he can do it.

That's great bro - I know your very polished solo act must allow you to get a lot of the spiritual highs that playing music provides, but there's a whole next level of that jammin with others. What kind of stuff are you guys playing?

That's great bro - I know your very polished solo act must allow you to get a lot of the spiritual highs that playing music provides, but there's a whole next level of that jammin with others. What kind of stuff are you guys playing?

we're a different kind of band John, I'm not concerned at all with trying to get people up and dancing ya know? It's sort of an acoustic band. We're doing a couple of Derek and the Dominoes songs Torn Tree In The Garden, Bell Bottom Blues, a few Van Morrison Moondance, Into The Mystic, Gregg Allman's Sweet Melissa and Multi Colored lady, I Wish It Would rain by the Temptations, Springsteen's Incident On 57th Street-a few originals some Tom Petty, Beatles-Something, Don't Let Me Down, While My Guitar, Elenor Rigby, Long And Winding Road-different kind of stuff ya know? Oh yea we did David Bowie's Heroes last night and it sounded great, Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen...Comfortably Numb...

Archived