Anyone worried about Special Teams?

Maxman

If the reports are true and the Jets bring Coles back that concerns me a bit. I don't know if Santonio Holmes plays specials or not (I doubt it). But the 4th and 5th WR spots have been held recently by Wright and Smith who excel at special teams.

Brad Smith is still here but I am just thinking that is a lot of receivers that aren't helping out Westhoff all that much. Aundrae Allison as the 6th WR possibly?

What says JetNation?

Max made a football post? WTF? Is that like throwing a couple of quarters in the hat before you start your street performance?

I think they are talking about Clowney as a gunner. I hope it works out because I like him as an extra WR. Cromartie, Holmes, Wilson, McKnight and the Canadian guy all have return experience. Laury from Seattle is supposed to be an excellent ST player and they may carry Kenwin Cummings who I also think is pretty good.

Max made a football post? WTF? Is that like throwing a couple of quarters in the hat before you start your street performance?

... lol ...

... def worried ... start it with folk ... i still believe they will bring a vet with a stable track record in (at least to compete) once one gets cut from another team ...

... just watching that dolphin game last year showed us how vulnerable we can be on special coverages ... it absolutely bears paying close attention to what plans are in store for outside contain on kickoff and punt coverage units ...

... that being said, i'm totally onboard with coles as our #3 for 1st 4 weeks ... if there's any gas left in the tank and he vibes with sanchez keep him on as the #4 once holmes returns from suspension ...

l_j_r

I think they are talking about Clowney as a gunner. I hope it works out because I like him as an extra WR. Cromartie, Holmes, Wilson, McKnight and the Canadian guy all have return experience. Laury from Seattle is supposed to be an excellent ST player and they may carry Kenwin Cummings who I also think is pretty good.

Westerman,Gholston and other LBs. I am somewhat concerned.

If the reports are true and the Jets bring Coles back that concerns me a bit. I don't know if Santonio Holmes plays specials or not (I doubt it). But the 4th and 5th WR spots have been held recently by Wright and Smith who excel at special teams.

Brad Smith is still here but I am just thinking that is a lot of receivers that aren't helping out Westhoff all that much. Aundrae Allison as the 6th WR possibly?

What says JetNation?

why worry about special teams? Our offense will score touchdowns every drive and our defense will either stop them 3 and out or get a turnover every drive. Who cares if they start at our 40 every possession.

Archived