Just when we get The Ground and Pounf cranked up.....

JonEJet

With Turner, are you concerned that we can't get the running game rolling again, even against a weak running defense like the Pats?

Isn't Hunter starting in Woody's place? I think he's done a fine job as a replacement. I feel that our ground & pound nature is engineered more by our interior lineman anyways, no?

Which Turner? Rob Turner is a backup C/G. It will be Hunter at RT. Patrick Turner is a WR they signed from the practice squad to take Woody's roster spot. Hopefully he'll be inactive. Hunter seemed to be coming along nicely by the games against the Bears and Bills. We'll see how we do against the Pats. The Pats are better against the run than the Colts.

Which Turner? Rob Turner is a backup C/G. It will be Hunter at RT. Patrick Turner is a WR they signed from the practice squad to take Woody's roster spot. Hopefully he'll be inactive. Hunter seemed to be coming along nicely by the games against the Bears and Bills. We'll see how we do against the Pats. The Pats are better against the run than the Colts.

For the season they are but coming into the playoffs the Colts held the #2 and #3 rushing offenses in league (Jags and Raiders) to 67 and 80 yards respectively...and then pretty much shut Chris Johnson down and kept their run attack to 50 yards.

Meanwhile, the Pats let the Packers and Bills run all over them before shutting down the Dolphags who only attempted 16 rushing plays on the day.

I'm not worried about the loss of Woody. Hunter was outstanding in the 2 best OL performances of the year vs. the Steelers and Bears. We can run on the Pats, no question.

Am I the only one getting gay visuals from the thread title.

Ground & pound...Big Wood...

I'd like to respond but every time I begin to read one of your posts my eyes are drawn to your avatar and then I get all giddy and confused. Sometimes I even say, "uh, huh, yeah I totally agree" right out loud and then pretend to look at my watch or a distant coffee mug, only to cast quick, sidelong glances at your avatar. I haven't finished reading a single DLJ post in three months. Oh, and also theres a good possibilty I love you. Testosterone's a helluva drug.

For the season they are but coming into the playoffs the Colts held the #2 and #3 rushing offenses in league (Jags and Raiders) to 67 and 80 yards respectively...and then pretty much shut Chris Johnson down and kept their run attack to 50 yards.

Meanwhile, the Pats let the Packers and Bills run all over them before shutting down the Dolphags who only attempted 16 rushing plays on the day.

I'm not worried about the loss of Woody. Hunter was outstanding in the 2 best OL performances of the year vs. the Steelers and Bears. We can run on the Pats, no question.

Eh. We'll see. The Pats were 11th in ypg (108) and 13th in ypc (4.2)the Colts were 25th in both (127.6 & 4.6). I don't think the Pack and Bills ran all over the Pats. The Pack got 143, but that was on 38 carries. 3.75 is not going to cut it. The Bills ran a ton and got 5.2 a pop, but since they only scored 3 points, I'd say that was typical BB bend but don't break bullsh*t. The Colts did play tougher against the run down the stretch, but they still weren't a particularly stout team.

The Jets ran on the Steelers, but not well. They ran very well for running against the Steelers. Under 4 ypc is probably not going to cut it against the Pats. Hunter certainly did seem to be warming to the role, so we'll see and I think Hunter at 100% is better than what Woody had be giving us once he got dinged up.

Is our only backup OLineman Turner at this point?

No Vlad, please

Turner and Vlad. I'm not sure which will be the 3rd T, but I doubt we'll see Hunter playing any DT in this game!

Archived