Brad news: Smith may miss game

Jetfan13

He didn't get the 300 yards, which was overoptimistic, but he did get the 3 TDs. See what happens when you don't use the stupidcat? Imagine if we hadn't used the stupidcat all year, how good could Sanchez have been?

I hear Smith might be back. If we use stupidcat I guarantee we lose.

False correlation is false...but it's your head and you have the right to play these kind of games...Not using the Wildcat this year erases probably 300 yards or so of offense...possibly more since I just made that number up. No clue what use there is in imagining what Sanchez would do if Schitty didn't use the Stupidcat...and I'm not sure why the assumption should be made that he'd do better because he threw 3 TDs in a game without Smith...they still ran Schitty's Stupidcat with Tomlinson twice or so against the Pats.

Against a team like the Steelers, having Smith back would be a big help. He's easily our best player on STs.

He didn't get the 300 yards, which was overoptimistic, but he did get the 3 TDs. See what happens when you don't use the stupidcat? Imagine if we hadn't used the stupidcat all year, how good could Sanchez have been?

I hear Smith might be back. If we use stupidcat I guarantee we lose.

I dunno...he average 8yards per carry out of that formation.

I think we've just had a couple of drive killing calls out of that formation that have people jaded, but overall its pretty effective.

False correlation is false...but it's your head and you have the right to play these kind of games...Not using the Wildcat this year erases probably 300 yards or so of offense...possibly more since I just made that number up. No clue what use there is in imagining what Sanchez would do if Schitty didn't use the Stupidcat...and I'm not sure why the assumption should be made that he'd do better because he threw 3 TDs in a game without Smith...they still ran Schitty's Stupidcat with Tomlinson twice or so against the Pats.

Against a team like the Steelers, having Smith back would be a big help. He's easily our best player on STs.

According to today's Post: Smith’s value goes deeper than his special-teams prowess. Running plays out of the Wildcat, he rushed for 299 yards and a 7.9-yard average.

So, uh, yeah.

I understand the frustration with Schottenheimer, and I'd prefer to holster the Bradcat more often than not, too, but the plays work. They work well. If Sanchez and the offense are struggling to move the ball, it's an effective change of pace.

Archived