This One Hurts

Gen X Jet

Yeah, even if the offense scores on the goal line, or if they didn't score on the Sanchez fumble, the Steelers would have scored on that final drive to win it anyway. We needed at least a 9-point swing to win if not a 13-point swing.

I was bad when Beltran went down swinging and the two collapses in the years after. I was bad when Starks pulled his BS in '94. And I was pretty bad with Elway in '98 and Doug Brien in '04. I was a huge fan of the Fav Five when I was a kid too and Chris Webber's timeout crushed me. But this one, I agree, this one hurt the most. I don't think sports has ever pissed me off to that degree before. This one's going to take a while to get over because of the rollercoaster. After all was said and done, the game was definitely there to be won in the 4th and they came up short on it because of poor coaching decisions, which is what makes it so hard to take. Losing flat out and just getting beaten I could take, but when it comes at the hand of stupidity...finally in my life I thought I'd see just one team that I root for just win one time. Man...so close, so close.

Archived