4 quarters

jack48

Two things: One, we have not been a 4 quarter team all year. Why start now? New England last week was probably the closest and we were not real good in Quarter One. These awful starts have to be corrected next year. Last year we played a half in the AFCCG and lost. This year the same. Two, kind of ironic how similar a play that first down make was to the first down miss at the end of the Colt game.

Great point good thread. If we could have put the first have of last year AFCCG and the second half this years AFCCG we would all be talking about two weeks from now. Unfortunately, not the case. OP is spot on, the New England game is the only 4 quarter effort this team has made this year. The only one. Minus the two cruise control games against the Bills.

It brings into play the thought of do they practice for a specific game plan, or go on the fly? This team is built to win. What happened last night was all on the coaching staff.

50% correct in my opinion. Play calling on offense was as bad as I've seen. but on defense in the first half guys seemed to be in position just couldn't tackle to save their dicks. Mend-in-hell had something like 64yards after contact in the first half. 63 ******* yards after contact? What the hell kinda coaching game plan gonna help that? The coach gives you the ability to get the hit, you have to do the rest.

50% correct in my opinion. Play calling on offense was as bad as I've seen. but on defense in the first half guys seemed to be in position just couldn't tackle to save their dicks. Mend-in-hell had something like 64yards after contact in the first half. 63 ******* yards after contact? What the hell kinda coaching game plan gonna help that? The coach gives you the ability to get the hit, you have to do the rest.

the holes were not huge, the tackling was poor. But the coach also has to make sure you are ready. Pitt was fresher. It might have played into it. Shouldn't have. Because the Jets played with desperation in the second half.

Great point good thread. If we could have put the first have of last year AFCCG and the second half this years AFCCG we would all be talking about two weeks from now. Unfortunately, not the case. OP is spot on, the New England game is the only 4 quarter effort this team has made this year. The only one. Minus the two cruise control games against the Bills.

Sadly, the NEP game wasnt even 4 quarters...we sucked in the 1st quarter.

the holes were not huge, the tackling was poor. But the coach also has to make sure you are ready. Pitt was fresher. It might have played into it. Shouldn't have. Because the Jets played with desperation in the second half.

They also played one less game in the last three weeks.

Our LBs may look good on paper but were exposed again last night. They cant cover and they cant stop the run. David Harris is the only 1 that should be back next year.

I am afraid you may be right. Thomas is worthless. Taylor is done. Pace will make a play every now and then, but disappears too much and is getting older anyway. I love him to death, but let's face it, Scott has not played that well. Certainly not up to his previous standard. Is he worth $7 million? And he is also not getting younger. Resign Harris, get as many young, fast LBers to put around him.

Archived