Going Down - Forums offline at 10pm on 2/10/2011

GreenBeans

Like groundhog day, we're going to redo 10:40pm to 11:20 pm on 2/10/2011 - I tried to do that "one last thing" and caused this place to tank big time. We are back and I'm gonna leave it alone for the evening. Sorry for those that lost posts.

Haha! Are those posts gone forever?

Haha! Are those posts gone forever?

Maybe. We might be able to get them back and merge them in - have to try a few things and it would probably be messy and or cause more problems. Mostly, though, I did not want to put that expectation out there. :)

sounds like a db restore... so probably

What he said - but we have the data from that time period.

Maybe. We might be able to get them back and merge them in - have to try a few things and it would probably be messy and or cause more problems. Mostly, though, I did not want to put that expectation out there. :)

What he said - but we have the data from that time period.

Are you a developer by trade? would depend on how well you know the data model

Thanks for your help in keeping this place functional Beans - many thanks.

No problem, this is my "fun" outside of my normal work.

Are you a developer by trade? would depend on how well you know the data model

Not a developer, but I have the raw data via a dump. I'm sure it will not find it's way back, but if there is something someone absolutely needs, I can fish it out.

Not a developer, but I have the raw data via a dump. I'm sure it will not find it's way back, but if there is something someone absolutely needs, I can fish it out.

Yeah, most of ths stuff appears to run off of keyed id's which are probably auto-incrementing identity columns... trying to add it back would be messy, since there'd be duplicates..

thanks again for all the hard work!

Nah, we're cool. But you should really check with the mafia forum before you crash the site like that. laugh.gif

Yeah, most of ths stuff appears to run off of keyed id's which are probably auto-incrementing identity columns... trying to add it back would be messy, since there'd be duplicates..

thanks again for all the hard work!

That is in fact the case, so I'd add it back in one thread if people wanted it (ie. cut and paste). This place is fun - just bummed I whacked some stuff.

Nah, we're cool. But you should really check with the mafia forum before you crash the site like that. laugh.gif

Noted. Please call off the hits. :)

Beans -- I don't think you have to restore any of those posts. This was a one time thing...

One thing I never thought of is we should use the announcement feature. So used to just putting these things in the NFL forum. I forgot about the mafia people. :D

Beans -- I don't think you have to restore any of those posts. This was a one time thing...

One thing I never thought of is we should use the announcement feature. So used to just putting these things in the NFL forum. I forgot about the mafia people. :D

10-4, boss - thanks.

Archived