New Ticket Prices Just Posted on Jets Website!

rowonejetfan

It is all PSL gold!!! Lock out and raised ticket prices means lower PSL resale prices. Found these on line in section 143 on aisle by 144 in row 20. Four in a row on aisle, behind lower entrance, row 20 good height and that side you only can enter and exit at row 7 so little foot traffic in aisle. Heck only 12 rows behind these seats Mezz Club corners are $205 a ticket.

Yet guy is selling them at a $1,600 loss a PSL. No suprise from me if he took 20K for all four and ate a 10K loss for one year of ownership. With a lock out coming and higher ticket prices and an open resale market for PSLs the Jets are most likely very thankful they did a 110% PSL push for three years and had 2 back to back AFC champ games.

http://www.stadiumpsl.com/new-york-jets-psl-s-for-sale/4-jets-psls-lower-level-section-143-row-20-5900.00-per-3.html

4 Jets PSL's Lower Level Section 143 Row 20 $5900.00 per seat

4 New York Jets Lower Level PSLs

Section: 143

Row: 20

Seats: 25, 26, 27, 28

Those give the nose bleed term a whole new meaning. Thier up there. I went up there during a tour. No thanks.

BTW it is first come first serve on yellow parking passes for UD people and Lot B yellow is now Lot B orange. Invoices go out in a few days. No reason at all to pay right away unless you are a UD orange parking pass desparate to have a yellow parking pass.

Funny part I may not even buy parking passes this year. Last year yellow passes were gold if I did not have one I would have to pay 45 in secondary so was worth eating the two worthless pre-season passes. Now not so much.

Got this spam from the Giants ten minutes ago!!! How sad, how desperate. Still Spamming in 2011 with a strike pending. But wait I thought they were sold out!!! Love Giant fans who have PSLs listed at double their cost when Giants still have tons of them left. For fun I called number and asked for some good Mezz A corners I got no problem sir where do you want to sit? I hung up as I was about to laugh. Still can't believe Giant fans were stupid enough to pay a 5k PSL to sit in UD Prime by the goal line!

Giants Fans,

You are the very foundation upon which the great tradition of New York Giants football was built. As we prepare for the 2011 NFL season, we want to thank you for your continued support and for being the greatest fans in all of sports. To view our special thank you, please click on the video link below.

CLICK TO WATCH VIDEO!

Today, we invite you to capitalize on a rare opportunity.

A limited number of Personal Seat Licenses (PSL’s) have become available for next season. Don’t miss this chance to secure Your seats and cheer on Your team at the amazing New Meadowlands Stadium!

Please call 1-877-694-2010 today for details. You may also email us at giantsselect@nyg2010.com and a representative will contact you, or visit www.nyg2010.com today for more information.

New York Giants Football – Witness the Tradition!

It is expected... they made the AFCCG two years in a row.. 5 bucks is actually better than I thought... the PSL sales staff was using a 5% figure when people asked...

WOW! I wonder how much they would have raised them if they actually won something. like a division or afc championship game. or god forbid the super bowl. (teeth chattering)

WOW! I wonder how much they would have raised them if they actually won something. like a division or afc championship game. or god forbid the super bowl. (teeth chattering)

Why is this the logic or mindset of many. If they lose every game do season ticket holders get a discount or free tickets the following year?

Why is this the logic or mindset of many. If they lose every game do season ticket holders get a discount or free tickets the following year?

Dude, the Eagles lead the entire world in championship game losses. and their ticket prices are a lot cheaper than the Jets. and they dont share their stadium.

2001–02 St. Louis Rams (3) 29 Philadelphia Eagles 24 St. Louis, Missouri Edward Jones Dome

2002–03 Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1) 27 Philadelphia Eagles 10 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Veterans Stadium

2003–04 Carolina Panthers (1) 14 Philadelphia Eagles 3 Philadelphia, Pennsylvania Lincoln Financial Field

2008–09 Arizona Cardinals (1) 32 Philadelphia Eagles 25 Glendale, Arizona University of Phoenix Stadium

WOOHHOO! Wait until we have as many championship game losses as the Eagles!

Ok and your point being............

It's price gouging. pure and simple. if some people are dumb enough to want to pay it so be it.

but this notion that it is what it is and they were successful is absolute garbage. the Eagles psl's and ticket prices are still cheaper. and they have a nicer stadium.

It's price gouging. pure and simple. if some people are dumb enough to want to pay it so be it.

but this notion that it is what it is and they were successful is absolute garbage. the Eagles psl's and ticket prices are still cheaper. and they have a nicer stadium.

I agree you are preaching to the choir.

There is no such thing as price gouging in NYC Metro area... it is expected that you pay a premium for EVERYTHING... lol

Why do you act shocked? Are you from that far south in Jersey?

Eagles are cheaper because they are not a NY team... trust me if they thought they could crank them up like the NYJ/NYG they would.

There is no such thing as price gouging in NYC Metro area... it is expected that you pay a premium for EVERYTHING... lol

Why do you act shocked? Are you from that far south in Jersey?

Eagles are cheaper because they are not a NY team... trust me if they thought they could crank them up like the NYJ/NYG they would.

Did you grow up in the mean streets of Greenwich CT? I feel for you, a tough neighborhood that is.

It's not NY. the stadium is in NJ on top of a swamp..lol..and it's shared.

Bruce, when your ticket prices have increased by 75% to 100% over the next 10 years get back to me ;)

Did you grow up in the mean streets of Greenwich CT? I feel for you, a tough neighborhood that is.

It's not NY. the stadium is in NJ on top of a swamp..lol..and it's shared.

Bruce, when your ticket prices have increased by 75% to 100% over the next 10 years get back to me ;)

Only 75%... heck that is below the inflation level! lol

Realistically i am expecting tickets to go up 40% over 10 years... so I will be paying $196/seat in 2020...

Greedy?

How is the NFL any different from WalMart? or Best Buy? Target? Any business really.

There is no comparison to what retail who has real competition selling the same product to what sports leagues are selling. Retail cant price its customers out because there will be someone cheaper to step in. This doesnt happen in the sports world. Also, we need food, water and clothing to survive. We dont need football.

They are being greedy because they are looking at short term gains at the expense of alienating its most loyal customers. By pissing off fans with ticket prices and prohibiting them from attending games, they will be more likely to not watch all games, which will lead to worse viewership numbers, which will lead to less ad sales, which will lead to less money in the TV contracts which will lead to the league collapsing under its greed.

The NFL can survive with ticket prices below $100 because they are indirectly f#cking us through our cable bill. But they want it both ways. And it will be detrimental. Maybe not today. Maybe not next year, but at some point they will reach the saturation point and viewership and fanbase will erode, and quickly.

Only 75%... heck that is below the inflation level! lol

Realistically i am expecting tickets to go up 40% over 10 years... so I will be paying $196/seat in 2020...

laugh.gif

As soon as the labor deal is settled and the economy is back to chugging along, ticket prices for PSL seats are going to skyrocket since they own you. I hope for the best, but I would expect the worst. I would be cool with a PSL IF they could guarantee the maximum my tickets would increase every year. But they didnt. And I worry about those who did buy PSL's getting screwed.

There is no comparison to what retail who has real competition selling the same product to what sports leagues are selling. Retail cant price its customers out because there will be someone cheaper to step in. This doesnt happen in the sports world. Also, we need food, water and clothing to survive. We dont need football.

I am tired from work so I am only going to respond to this for now...

This is complete BS and you did not think it through...

Someone steps in and sells it for less? NCAA Football... UFL.... XFL... etc...

The NFL is not pricing it's customer out... it is getting maximum profits... just like the cheaper companies do...

The New York JETS do not need 250k people who want season tix... that means they charged too little, they only need half or less of that...

Here is a good example...

Target(NFL) is more expensive than WalMart(NCAA)... is Target pricing it's customers out because their TV's cost 5% more?

Simple Supply and Demand... their is enough demand for the Supply the NFL is putting out... if the demand drops... so would prices...

Simple Supply and Demand... their is enough demand for the Supply the NFL is putting out... if the demand drops... so would prices...

And it did, with the PSL fire sale Woody had to throw in order to fill seats after threatening blackouts. Now, with the economy in even worse shape, the Woodman wants to up ticket prices because he's apparently convinced that those same people who were hanging up on his now-terminated PSL salesmen are going to come running back to him to pay even more because they made the AFCCG. Good luck with that.

I am tired from work so I am only going to respond to this for now...

This is complete BS and you did not think it through...

Someone steps in and sells it for less? NCAA Football... UFL.... XFL... etc...

The NFL is not pricing it's customer out... it is getting maximum profits... just like the cheaper companies do...

The New York JETS do not need 250k people who want season tix... that means they charged too little, they only need half or less of that...

Here is a good example...

Target(NFL) is more expensive than WalMart(NCAA)... is Target pricing it's customers out because their TV's cost 5% more?

Yes I did think it through. And no its not BS. NCaa, UFL, XFL are not real competition like Target is for Wal Mart.

If Jets fans are pissed off because they cant afford to go to games, they're going to stop watching. Stop watching leads to lower ratings.. and on...and on...

Sports is not a necessity of life. If customers feel they are not valued, they dont go to another store and buy a new league. They just stop watching. Sports cannot go and try to maximize profits and alienating its fan base. Once you alienate them you lose them permanently. Its nothing like Target who can lower a price and steal a customer back from Wal Mart. Once their gone, their gone.

Sports is not simple supply and demand. I've studied it, experienced it when working in the sports industry, and now enjoying it from afar. To say its simple supply and demand is BS and is what will lead to sports leagues having major problems in the near future.

Its a waste of time having this discussion anyway. You have your view. I have my view. And if either of us was really good at this, we'd be rich by forecasting sales and profitability for sports leagues.

And it did, with the PSL fire sale Woody had to throw in order to fill seats after threatening blackouts. Now, with the economy in even worse shape, the Woodman wants to up ticket prices because he's apparently convinced that those same people who were hanging up on his now-terminated PSL salesmen are going to come running back to him to pay even more because they made the AFCCG. Good luck with that.

Yes I did think it through. And no its not BS. NCaa, UFL, XFL are not real competition like Target is for Wal Mart.

If Jets fans are pissed off because they cant afford to go to games, they're going to stop watching. Stop watching leads to lower ratings.. and on...and on...

Sports is not a necessity of life. If customers feel they are not valued, they dont go to another store and buy a new league. They just stop watching. Sports cannot go and try to maximize profits and alienating its fan base. Once you alienate them you lose them permanently. Its nothing like Target who can lower a price and steal a customer back from Wal Mart. Once their gone, their gone.

Sports is not simple supply and demand. I've studied it, experienced it when working in the sports industry, and now enjoying it from afar. To say its simple supply and demand is BS and is what will lead to sports leagues having major problems in the near future.

Its a waste of time having this discussion anyway. You have your view. I have my view. And if either of us was really good at this, we'd be rich by forecasting sales and profitability for sports leagues.

So what are you two trying to argue exactly?

Woody will make tons of $$$$ off the fans and have enough asses in the stadium to do so... and millions at home...

Supply and Demand... you guys sound like the people on the outside looking in.

Similarly, I also resisted the urge to buy a Ford Pinto.

Where is the Pinto now?

The JETS have been around much longer and are not going anywhere regardless of how you feel.

I love how people get all bent out of shape and act like it is so terrible for a business to maximize profits, acting as if somehow you would not be and are not doing the same thing every day.

Archived