Revis says mistake to let Cro walk

visajets

I disagree and hope they resign Cro. Without a legitimate pass rush and havent had one since JAbe left you need a solid secondary.

Did the Jets have a legitimate pass rush in 09 when they had the best pass defense in the league? Because they certainly didnt have a solid secondary.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bottom line of this is that I do not want to sacrifice other parts of the team for a player that will

1. Bring the defensive secondary out of line in terms of overall spend in comparison to other units (thus sacrificing flexibility of the other units)

2. Give money to player that seems to have selfish tendencies-and I fear will slip when the money is guaranteed

3. Limits the defense in flexibility to coverages that they can play.

4. Inhibits the development of other players (Wilson)

These things will not be a worry, as I just don't see the Jets going there.

My concern now is more of Revis making himself "team spokesman" and saying what "Rex Ryan wants". That can be dangerous.

So basically you dont like Revis, Cro or me... :D

I love Revis as a jet player. Team spokesman, not so much.

Cromartie I do not believe has a future as a Jet, so I am basically done with him. Should he return, I will root for him, but worry about how we will manage the future.

I have dealt with far more obstinate posters, you are fine, my friend. I am no cup of tea either

I love Revis as a jet player. Team spokesman, not so much.

Cromartie I do not believe has a future as a Jet, so I am basically done with him. Should he return, I will root for him, but worry about how we will manage the future.

I have dealt with far more obstinate posters, you are fine, my friend. I am no cup of tea either

:D Peace

Cromartie IS NOT a shut down corner. He wants to play man to man as much as he can, which limits what the defense can do, particularly with Revis on the other side. Given druthers, I am sure that they would love to play Cromartie more "in space", but he does not seem to have the aptitude or proficiency in doing so. That is limiting.

I'm not sure how true this is. I agreed with the rest of your post, so I conveniently deleted it!

When the Jets signed Cromrtie they supposedly did so because they felt he is/was an excellent man corner. They felt that the Chargers were not playing to his strengths and that he could do what they wanted him to do quite well. It never sounded like they wanted him to play in space. Also, there have been some reports, some Cimini piece I quoted for Yklram this morning, that the Jets consistetly wanted him to play agressive bump and run and HE was playing soft and loose.

I feel the same way about Cromartie that I do about Jenkins and Sanders. Pick the amount you think he's worth and make him an offer. If he wants a ton of money he can get it elsewhere. He's worth a decent amount, more than Jenkins or Sanders, but there are other FA options. I do think they will sign somebody if Cro leaves and won't simply promote Wilson.

I'm not sure how true this is. I agreed with the rest of your post, so I conveniently deleted it!

When the Jets signed Cromrtie they supposedly did so because they felt he is/was an excellent man corner. They felt that the Chargers were not playing to his strengths and that he could do what they wanted him to do quite well. It never sounded like they wanted him to play in space. Also, there have been some reports, some Cimini piece I quoted for Yklram this morning, that the Jets consistetly wanted him to play agressive bump and run and HE was playing soft and loose.

I feel the same way about Cromartie that I do about Jenkins and Sanders. Pick the amount you think he's worth and make him an offer. If he wants a ton of money he can get it elsewhere. He's worth a decent amount, more than Jenkins or Sanders, but there are other FA options. I do think they will sign somebody if Cro leaves and won't simply promote Wilson.

To me, it always appeared that when he was in zone, he could not understand the concept of when to "hand off" to another back and when he needed to pick up. It seemed foreign to him.

The telltale was in the Colts game when he allowed the WR to get over him and was beat. Rex chewed his a$$ off good, and you can tell it has been an ongoing problem.

Really, Tanny's comments at the end of the year really seemed to cue where the Jets are going. Maybe he was being coy, maybe not.

Some team will be stupid enough to give Cromartie big money, and he will jump at that.

First things first, let's see where this CBA goes. He still is not a UFA, depending on what we should believe

To me, it always appeared that when he was in zone, he could not understand the concept of when to "hand off" to another back and when he needed to pick up. It seemed foreign to him.

The telltale was in the Colts game when he allowed the WR to get over him and was beat. Rex chewed his a$$ off good, and you can tell it has been an ongoing problem.

Really, Tanny's comments at the end of the year really seemed to cue where the Jets are going. Maybe he was being coy, maybe not.

Some team will be stupid enough to give Cromartie big money, and he will jump at that.

First things first, let's see where this CBA goes. He still is not a UFA, depending on what we should believe

Agreed on the zone. I think the point was that he seemed to play less agressive man than they liked and was reluctant to play bump and run. That can be a particular problem with the quick passing games that teams like the Pats run without Moss.

I think we agree as to what to do with Cromartie, we just disagree on the likelihood that he'll be back. I think it's probably about 75% he's back.

What beat the NYJETS in the AFC Championship game. The pass or the run? Cro with all his faults that you say he has is still better than Wilson.

2010 Opponents passed for 24 tds, 12 INTs, 3454 yards, 50.7%

2009 Opponents passed for 8 tds, 17 INTs, 2704 yards, 51.7%

Seems the pass let us down quite a bit last year with Cromartie. We gave up 8 tds via the pass in 2009...Cromartie gave up 8 tds by himself last year. He was not as shutdown as you're trying to make him out to be.

2010 Opponents passed for 24 tds, 12 INTs, 3454 yards, 50.7%

2009 Opponents passed for 8 tds, 17 INTs, 2704 yards, 51.7%

Seems the pass let us down quite a bit last year with Cromartie. We gave up 8 tds via the pass in 2009...Cromartie gave up 8 tds by himself last year. He was not as shutdown as you're trying to make him out to be.

So Kerry Rhodes wasnt that bad afterall........................... :o

How much of those statistics were on the LBs in coverage and the Safetys?

So Kerry Rhodes wasnt that bad afterall........................... :o

How much of those statistics were on the LBs in coverage and the Safetys?

I don't really care...all I know is that he gave up the same # of tds that the ENTIRE TEAM let up the year before.

Dude, Cro allowed Nate Burleson to have 7 catches for 113 yards and a TD. NATE BURLESON. He is NOT a shutdown corner in any sense of the word. That term can be applied to 2 NFL corners and 2 only. Darrelle Revis. Nnamdi Asomugha. End of list.

Dude, Cro allowed Nate Burleson to have 7 catches for 113 yards and a TD. NATE BURLESON. He is NOT a shutdown corner in any sense of the word. That term can be applied to 2 NFL corners and 2 only. Darrelle Revis. Nnamdi Asomugha. End of list.

Here we go again................ok you win lets see what Kyle Wilson does a starter. :rolleyes:

Nope but dont blame them all on Cro.

I brought up the team's pass defense stats the last two years, just to compare, and pointed out that Cromartie allowed the same amount of tds as the entire team did the season before. I didn't blame him for the 24 tds, but I do blame him for 8 of them. Read that again...he was responsible for a third of the touchdowns allowed through the air last year.

Archived