Mock Draft

HessStation

Ok so it's never a good idea to include trades in a mock given the percentages of said trade actually happening but as a rule imo, mock drafts are a total crap shoot so I figure, why not.

Round 1 #30: traded to Jacksonville for #49 & #80

Round 2 #49: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

Round 3 #80: Phil Taylor DT/NT Baylor

Round 3 #94: Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple

Round 4 #125: Dontay Mock OLB Nevada

Round 5 #158: Jeron Johnson S Boise St

Round 6 #189: Karl Krug DE Iowa

Round 7 #197: Brian Duncan ILB Texas Tech

Ok so it's never a good idea to include trades in a mock given the percentages of said trade actually happening but as a rule imo, mock drafts are a total crap shoot so I figure, why not.

Round 1 #30: traded to Jacksonville for #49 & #80

Round 2 #49: Kyle Rudolph TE Notre Dame

Round 3 #80: Phil Taylor DT/NT Baylor

Round 3 #94: Muhammad Wilkerson DE Temple

Round 4 #125: Dontay Mock OLB Nevada

Round 5 #158: Jeron Johnson S Boise St

Round 6 #189: Karl Krug DE Iowa

Round 7 #197: Brian Duncan ILB Texas Tech

Wilkerson is a 1st rounder. Rudolph is a beast would love him here but he is best TE available he might go earlier but then agian TE isn't a big concern for all the teams, Mock might end up being 2nd early 3rd rounder because he had great combine

Wilkerson is a 1st rounder. Rudolph is a beast would love him here but he is best TE available he might go earlier but then agian TE isn't a big concern for all the teams, Mock might end up being 2nd early 3rd rounder because he had great combine

I don't think I'm too far off with Rudolph who's most likely an early 2nd. You're right for sure on Wilkerson though. I would bet money he's not going in the first but most likely no way he makes it out of the second and even if he makes it to the third he's an early 3rd steal. My thoughts are that he just doesn't fit every system as to me he really only fits as a 5 in a 34. I suppose he could fit a 43 but he's so tall with what looks like a somewhat lanky build...so I figured maybe he slips a bit and we get lucky, There are a lot more 34 teams nowadays as well though. I didn't really think about that. Also, my guess is although most scouts had Moch in the 4th after the combine someone is gonna jump and take him a lot earlier. Dude and 8-9 sacks this year and I think led the nation in TFL or was close so he's a player too.

I don't think I'm too far off with Rudolph who's most likely an early 2nd. You're right for sure on Wilkerson though. I would bet money he's not going in the first but most likely no way he makes it out of the second and even if he makes it to the third he's an early 3rd steal. My thoughts are that he just doesn't fit every system as to me he really only fits as a 5 in a 34. I suppose he could fit a 43 but he's so tall with what looks like a somewhat lanky build...so I figured maybe he slips a bit and we get lucky, There are a lot more 34 teams nowadays as well though. I didn't really think about that. Also, my guess is although most scouts had Moch in the 4th after the combine someone is gonna jump and take him a lot earlier. Dude and 8-9 sacks this year and I think led the nation in TFL or was close so he's a player too.

Yea Rudolph is probably one hardest to mock for because he should be a 1st but noone wants a TE, I agree you weren't far off with him. I want Wilkerson but i feel we would have to take him in 1st round unless we trade to early second, Hes a player I see patriots taking in 2nd. And Moch is gonna be sick.

if Jets got those guys that would be one sick draft

That draft gave me a boner which proves it's not real.

Rudolph + Wilkerson alone would be enough for me...to get some speed at OLB (Moch)...another DL (Taylor)...a decent safety prospect (JJ)...yah...too bad this couldn't possibly happen.

LOL I know I figured first mock...might as well shoot for the stars! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I love ND and think Rudolph is going to be good but if we take a TE over a S, OLB, DE or DT, I'll break the ******* TV. This team has a lot bigger needs then TE.

There's no pass rush, the safeties suck, they need a playmaker on D, there's no depth on the OL, DL or CB and RB is questionable. TE maybe the least of the worries.

Archived