JN March Madness Second Chance Brackets Sign Ups

T0mShane

JiF is currently leading the JN March Madness group, which only reinforces the invalidness of the whole process. But, Yahoo also set up a "Second Chance" thing where you can pick the remaining games, so we'll make that a separate thing. I hope you guys and gals sign up. I'm in last place in the original league, but that had no impact on my burning desire to create this one. EAD.

Yahoo Second Chance NCAA Brackets

Password: maxisstillgay

JiF is currently leading the JN March Madness group, which only reinforces the invalidness of the whole process. But, Yahoo also set up a "Second Chance" thing where you can pick the remaining games, so we'll make that a separate thing. I hope you guys and gals sign up. I'm in last place in the original league, but that had no impact on my burning desire to create this one. EAD.

Yahoo Second Chance NCAA Brackets

Password: maxisstillgay

I like you Tom. Its too bad you dont like me because I feel like we could be really good friends.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe he will shock everyone and stay- saw a report on him he seems genuine.

If either of the 2 hottest mid-major coaches (Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart - VCU) were to stick around, I'd say the more likely one to stay is Stevens. VCU has a very good system in place for replacing coaches so they'll be OK.

If either of the 2 hottest mid-major coaches (Brad Stevens, Shaka Smart - VCU) were to stick around, I'd say the more likely one to stay is Stevens. VCU has a very good system in place for replacing coaches so they'll be OK.

I never begrudge these mid-major coaches for leaving their gigs for big jobs when they're hot. If they take less money to stay they're heroes for exactly 15 minutes before they lose their upper classmen, maybe miss the tournament the next year or two because of it, then some over-zealous alums push them out on the street. If you're going to get bounced like 97% if these coaches do, it's best to have scored a big payday before you fade into anonymity. Billy Gillespie, Jeff Capel, Steve Lappas, etc.

I never begrudge these mid-major coaches for leaving their gigs for big jobs when they're hot. If they take less money to stay they're heroes for exactly 15 minutes before they lose their upper classmen, maybe miss the tournament the next year or two because of it, then some over-zealous alums push them out on the street. If you're going to get bounced like 97% if these coaches do, it's best to have scored a big payday before you fade into anonymity. Billy Gillespie, Jeff Capel, Steve Lappas, etc.

Thing is, both Shaka and Stevens have proven they can lose talent and still win. Shaka lost Eric Maynor and Larry Sanders, two NBA 1st rounders. Stevens lost Gordon Heyward, NBA 1st rounder. Both are still cruising to wins.

I don't think they're considering the possibility of getting fired from their current jobs. Stevens just got a 10-year extension and Shaka's is not far behind if he doesn't bolt immediately. They're debating whether to be: 1) Gods on their current campuses, or 2) Solid coaches at bigger schools with more money and a bigger challenge.

Archived