Next step for Sanchez: consistency

Kentucky Jet

Next step for Mark Sanchez: consistency

Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on April 22, 2011, 4:24 PM EDT

Jets quarterback Mark Sanchez has experienced his share of growing pains, but you can’t help but appreciate that he’s generally played his best when it’s mattered most.

So many times in 2010, the Jets offense was dead all day long until Sanchez woke up in the fourth quarter. Following an inconsistent regular season, Sanchez helped the team win two road playoff games. For the second straight year. (Although we’d argue Sanchez may have played better in the playoffs as a rookie. His first half against the Colts this year was ugly.)

Jets G.M. Mike Tannenbaum explained on PFT Live Friday that Sanchez’s competitiveness is unique, and has even exceeded the team’s high expectations. The next step for Sanchez is to find a way to bottle that fourth quarter and playoff magic for 16 straight weeks.

^^^ +1 Tom. Word on the street is that Sanchez actually designed and called the hurry up and playoff offenses himself. Anytime he did well really, it was on him.

I think asking for consistency from Sanchez is a little cruel. This fanbase should know by now that this offense is not designed for consistency or even points scoring. Sanchez shouldn't be expected to be consistent until the offense is designed, planned, and called better. That's how offense works. That article makes it sound like Sanchez's performance is the issue. That doesn't make any f'n sense and we all know that.

This is clearly some kind of propaganda piece written by Schottenheimer. I'm sure he wrote it in hopes that the two ftard twatlickers that support him in the world will start ridiculing the QB he is out to ruin.

It's interesting how much better Sanchez looks the more Schottenheimer's role is reduced, like in the hurry-up and the playoffs.

I hope this is true. Even with Schotty having Sanchez in his 3rd year now, he would take on a larger role. So if the premise is true that is good for the Jets offensive future.

^^^ +1 Tom. Word on the street is that Sanchez actually designed and called the hurry up and playoff offenses himself. Anytime he did well really, it was on him.

I think asking for consistency from Sanchez is a little cruel. This fanbase should know by now that this offense is not designed for consistency or even points scoring. Sanchez shouldn't be expected to be consistent until the offense is designed, planned, and called better. That's how offense works. That article makes it sound like Sanchez's performance is the issue. That doesn't make any f'n sense and we all know that.

This is clearly some kind of propaganda piece written by Schottenheimer. I'm sure he wrote it in hopes that the two ftard twatlickers that support him in the world will start ridiculing the QB he is out to ruin.

Oh thank God, it had been far too long since you sucked the dick of the most incompetent Jets coach since Herm Edwards. Wasn't sure if you were feeling ok. Yes, we know, we know, it's all Sanchez's fault. The offensive coordinator has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the performance of his players. He's really just a charity case who the Jets pay lots of money to sit around to do nothing, because nothing he does makes any difference whatsoever. Sanchez is the only person to blame. Just like it was the fault of every single QB who has ever played for him that they have posted career worst numbers under Schotty.

Montana didn't really get it until his third year. Either did Rivers or Brees. I hope to see Sanchez do really well this year, except I don't think we'll have most of the regular season.

Since every game will pretty much be a playoff game this year since we'll only play like 8 regular season games, Sanchez should put up great stats.

Oh thank God, it had been far too long since you sucked the dick of the most incompetent Jets coach since Herm Edwards. Wasn't sure if you were feeling ok. Yes, we know, we know, it's all Sanchez's fault. The offensive coordinator has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the performance of his players. He's really just a charity case who the Jets pay lots of money to sit around to do nothing, because nothing he does makes any difference whatsoever. Sanchez is the only person to blame. Just like it was the fault of every single QB who has ever played for him that they have posted career worst numbers under Schotty.

Are you SERIOUS? You...sick...BRIAN SCHOTTENHEIMER IS THE REASON THIS FRANCHISE ISN'T MID-DYNASTY RIGHT NOW!!!! QB's and their play are NOTHING compared to what the offensive coordinator does for a team.

Again, that PFT piece was complete Schottenheimer propaganda to lure fools into believing the QB factors into anything on the football field. Mark Sanchez has just been following orders...to the tee...all day every day, but especially on Sundays the past two years...His 32 regular season INTs in those two years are DESIGNED plays. The Pieceoschittenheimer offense is designed that way, and made to produce inconsistent QB play. The only way Sanchez will become consistent is to override his programming...as Tom said he seems to be able to do this when it matters like the hurry up offense and the playoffs...but that can't happen as long as The Dictator and Master of the Jets' Mediocre Offense is there to hold him down. Look at Pennington and Favre!

Mark Sanchez is not responsible for his actions on the football field. He just isn't. They spend DAYS OR MORE coordinating and planning these actions. No way does he factor in. To even suggest such a thing...you must be some kind of sick human being with a twisted way of looking at things. He IS a charity case. The problem is that he's a charity case who Schottenheimer decided he'd ruin...just to f with us of course...JUST LIKE HE DID with fresh off injury Pennington/The Talented Kellen Clemens/40 year old Favre with muscle tear in throwing him. Mark Sanchez is NOT responsible for being more consistent with his play on the field. Design, plan, and call better consistency if you're looking for that.

Motives for my post, broken down by percentage:

1. Informed Observation -- 26%

2. Missing Gato -- 74%

Archived