Pash and Mawae Disagree on Progress of Talks

flgreen

Pash and Mawae disagree on how much progress has been made

May

Aaron Wilson of the National Football Post reports earlier today, NFL Players Association president Kevin Mawae insisted that there's been no recent progress toward a new collective bargaining agreement.

"We are not anywhere closer to a deal now than we were in March," Mawae said during a Sirius NFL radio interview.

As the NFL and the players wrapped up mediation two days of mediation today for talks that won't resume until June 7 following a June 3 hearing on the injunction that briefly halted the lockout, NFL lead negotiator Jeff Pash is singing a different tune than Mawae.

He told ESPN that progress was made today.

"We had a good discussion today," Pash said. "I've said it many times the only way we're going to get this accomplished is face-to-face dialogue and really digging into the issues and I think we had a good step in that direction today. And I hope that we'll continue, confident it's going to continue and we'll be back early next month to continue that process."

Pash and Mawae disagree on how much progress has been made

May

As the NFL and the players wrapped up mediation two days of mediation today for talks that won't resume until June 7 following a June 3 hearing on the injunction that briefly halted the lockout, NFL lead negotiator Jeff Pash is singing a different tune than Mawae.

:blink: huh?

The NFL and the "union" should agree to the same tact that the Jets and Darrelle Revis and agents agreed to last summer-A media blackout.

Forget trying to win public sentiment by posturing in the press-focus on getting a deal done and quit blabbing.

agreed, if we don't have a season this year, how does that affect the jets? I think it wouldn't be so bad. we have a good bunch of core younger players.

Archived