Hell House Mafia Game Thread

HessStation

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What do you mean 'another' key point?

I haven't done anything of interest since the begining, which is why I'm trying to be more active because it's starting to make me look bad.

You're here to put jack at l-1 on a day we really need to lynch scum, can't tell if you're bussing or jack's innocent, however..

Except for that fact that Brett is likely scum. Are you really that tone deaf to his posts? Read them over. Name one remotely helpful thing he's pushed.

No, i see it. I also see the investigation result. If pushing remotely helpful things was the only criteria, then ape, jack, brett, lilly, duke and verb are all scum too..lol

I'm not against lynching brett ever, but I'd rather lynch RD today as I think he's more likely..

Also, i see the case on jack... crusher was coasting and as everyone says, pressure crusher and he reveals his cards. This game, the minute he gets talked about a little he vanishs.. Jack takes over, and smartly plays the same way he did as confirmed town (even continuing to vote lilly).. except when taking time out to first vote slats and then me before switching to hammer scum after the gig was up.. If you read through his posts, it's very easy to convince yourself he's scum..

Like I posted earlier, I've been obsessed with the players who are playing scummy - to the point where it makes me wonder if its the clean players that are the real scum. Conspiracy theories are something I tend to do as town, when I get spun around and paranoid, you know this.

The last sentence is probably the most compelling to lynch Brett now.... and just put Jack on ignore.

I think AVM's results were honest, too - out of fear that the town had a watcher/tracker of their own and might've followed him. So I'd tend to clear Lily and Dan based simply on that. At least move them to the back-burner.

You answered your own question, but scum could already be on his train and/or unwilling to take the heat for hammering someome they know to be innocent.

Totally agree with the bold. His play has been extremely scummy. Always trying to tie people together, I know he suggested Smash and I might be running a gambit amongst many others. I'd probably still be hearing about that possibility if I wasn't dead. Haha. He was supposedly given a one time use power on D2 - anyone else get anything like that at any time during the game? I figure the vig kills could be like that. If you had a one time vig kill offered sometime after D1, this would be a good time to step forward - and if you're a full time vig with bullets left, you shouldn't. But so far, the money is the only player who's gotten anything like that out of 20 of us the whole game - that the rest of us know about.

I think scum is loaded up more than the town to balance the fact that the dead can speak. If I was scum, I'd be pissed that even after I kill a player off, they can still mouth off. Just saying it's not 100% impossible that scum had two double voters.

And that I think the GF role is likely. AVM following Vic to watch Brett investigate me, then Brett does a complete 180º on me the following day when Smash counters me - knowing that the cop had an innocent investigation on him. It's pretty perfect.

Good point about the dead players, I guess from a balance perspective that should swing things heavily towards town. I don't think there could be a godfather and two double voters however, unless 1 scum has 2 powers

Agree about the vig also, I'd like to find out if it's likely someone else would've received thsi 1 time double vote

I think AVM's results were honest, too - out of fear that the town had a watcher/tracker of their own and might've followed him. So I'd tend to clear Lily and Dan based simply on that. At least move them to the back-burner.

I agree with this. I think AVM was honest about his list, and that there are 5 scum.

Do you think AVM and CTM could have been playing a gambit? I think CTM has been scummy for wholly different reasons than I've ever thought in the past. What if AVM's play worked there, we lynch CTM, maybe CTM flips scum... AVM cruises to endgame no, while we are likely looking for the 5th scum he predicted.

Good point about the dead players, I guess from a balance perspective that should swing things heavily towards town. I don't think there could be a godfather and two double voters however, unless 1 scum has 2 powers

Agree about the vig also, I'd like to find out if it's likely someone else would've received thsi 1 time double vote

I think the GF has the silencer ability obviously, and perhaps a 1-time BPV?

I don't like ape's reasoning for the double vote. He said he was given it because the town was getting slaughtered. But the double vote only helped to lynch another townie. Hess would have had to of known that a DV wasn't a good balancing tool because it could wipe out a townie as fast as scum. A bullet proof vest seems to be a good town helper. The DV not so much.

I agree with this. I think AVM was honest about his list, and that there are 5 scum.

Do you think AVM and CTM could have been playing a gambit? I think CTM has been scummy for wholly different reasons than I've ever thought in the past. What if AVM's play worked there, we lynch CTM, maybe CTM flips scum... AVM cruises to endgame no, while we are likely looking for the 5th scum he predicted.

To me, that's something to worry about on another day phase. I don't see how we can view that as the most probable scenario for now. When we get down to the wire and a godfather is potentially still alive, than we deal with it imo.

I don't like ape's reasoning for the double vote. He said he was given it because the town was getting slaughtered. But the double vote only helped to lynch another townie. Hess would have had to of known that a DV wasn't a good balancing tool because it could wipe out a townie as fast as scum. A bullet proof vest seems to be a good town helper. The DV not so much.

I don't know about that. Two double-voters PLUS the ability to silence players is way too much, imo.

I really don't think so. I mean, CTM is the likely guy to try to run something like that as scum, :lol: but I think he defended pretty well for a guy who might've wanted to get lynched, no?

There are still a lot of players left in the game. The scum lost three quickly after dominating early, and then AVM got a couple quick votes after having some heat on him here and there all game. I think he/they panicked, and I don't think they'd be in a hurry to force one of the last two of them to get lynched yesterday (and I wouldn't be surprised if AVM really did track CTM, either).

To me, that's something to worry about on another day phase. I don't see how we can view that as the most probable scenario for now. When we get down to the wire and a godfather is potentially still alive, than we deal with it imo.

No disagreement, but I'm trying not to continue going in circles with Jack here... sharing my thoughts about how others have played.

I know. The game started right before a 4 day WE here. So I checked in on my iphone but posting was a b*tch.

I should be more active. My problem is deadline is 8PM ET, which is 2AM my time. Re-reading yesterday's posts I would've unvoted and voted Slats.

Plus, I'm an ABSOLUTE noob at this. I actually have to look up Mafia speak terms on the internet. :D

this post also botehred me at the time.. RD used to play mafia back at JI, and even played a game here a few years back. He's not a noob

this post also botehred me at the time.. RD used to play mafia back at JI, and even played a game here a few years back. He's not a noob

Really? I thought he was completely new to it. That's why I've been giving him benefit of the doubt.... I didn't even realize you guys played at JI.

WTF Frenchie?

You keep saying I'm not pied pipering, the same sh*t you say everytime I'm playing and not voting you.. Cause you don't pay attention to anything that doesn't revolve around your stupid head..

That post bothered me simply because he'll go back and forth between playing up the noobness and making coherent pushes at key points, as you said it.

I actually think this is a possibility. All we have is one lynch to piss away on a townie. We can't lynch both people Vic viewed as a towniev because either one is the GF or both is telling the truth. Because of the latter we can't lynch both when two mislynches brings us to endgame, presumably. If one is lynched and flips town we just about have to assume the other is a townie.

Really? I thought he was completely new to it. That's why I've been giving him benefit of the doubt.... I didn't even realize you guys played at JI.

WTF Frenchie?

No, he defintiely played back at ji, and played in the dawn of the dead game here.. He was one of the semi regulars... He never posted a ton due to time differences, but he definitely played

That post bothered me simply because he'll go back and forth between playing up the noobness and making coherent pushes at key points, as you said it.

Yep, but makes it worse when you consider he's actually not a noob.. lol

Outside of Brett, Duke would probably be the next person i'd go to. You're right, he hasn't been here often, but when he has, he's pushed scum agenda.

Assuming you said that your bvp wasn't used, I assume Slats was shot at and survived. They must have wanted to ferret him out quickly and had an idea that he may have been doc. Smash countered Slats within 15-20 minutes with a pretty long post. Have to imagine they had the plan put into place before anything happened. Hard to imagine that they got caught with their pants down (except for JiF) and was able to come up with a response that easily.

My point being, Duke started the day with a vote Slats post. Scum game plan was probably to pressure Slats into a reveal/counter him if he said doc. Brett took a hardline stance against Slats in support of Smash as did JiF.

You keep saying I'm not pied pipering, the same sh*t you say everytime I'm playing and not voting you.. Cause you don't pay attention to anything that doesn't revolve around your stupid head..

Hahaha... possibly. I've said it already in this game, and will say it again... when I'm busy with work, I fall into the trap of thinking and playing the way I have this game. Sorry.

I wish Crusher was here, "think first, then type" ... I've let him down. :( Hahahahahaha.... I suck I guess.

I believe if anyone is scum out of Bret and CTM it stands a better shot at being CTM. The vest makes him someone the mafia won't target at night for fear of wasting their kill. Brett hasn't claimed anything. If one of them had to be scum I'd be 55% on CTM being scum and 45% on Bret. But in all honesty when it's came down to it my decision has always been the wrong one so if one is mafia I could be a million percent wrong.

No, he defintiely played back at ji, and played in the dawn of the dead game here.. He was one of the semi regulars... He never posted a ton due to time differences, but he definitely played

Okay, I'm pissed. Totally gave benefit of the doubt to the timezone and noob...

Unvote

Vote Frenchie!!!!

Outside of Brett, Duke would probably be the next person i'd go to. You're right, he hasn't been here often, but when he has, he's pushed scum agenda.

Assuming you said that your bvp wasn't used, I assume Slats was shot at and survived. They must have wanted to ferret him out quickly and had an idea that he may have been doc. Smash countered Slats within 15-20 minutes with a pretty long post. Have to imagine they had the plan put into place before anything happened. Hard to imagine that they got caught with their pants down (except for JiF) and was able to come up with a response that easily.

My point being, Duke started the day with a vote Slats post. Scum game plan was probably to pressure Slats into a reveal/counter him if he said doc. Brett took a hardline stance against Slats in support of Smash as did JiF.

Exactly.. he even unvoted, for now ... jack should be all over that..,lol

I really believe the plan was to force slats to reveal, counter... try and get him lynched, if not, slats would be on smash's train to get blown up..

That morning, Ape, Duke and Jack (lightly) were pushing slats towards a reveal..

FOS:

#1: Slats - I said in Day 1 I didn't like the way he was overanalyzing posts and other players; Day 2 was pretty active in Jacks lynch too.

#2: DPR/verb: was pretty active in diverting attention off Slats and towards Vic (though that could be drama induced, I don't have enough o work on). His vote came sort of out of nowhere IMO.

I agree with both of these points.

So 2 power roles reveal (Vic and Slats) and Jetscode winds up dead?

Almost comes across as Vic fake-claiming Cop, then feigning caution about releasing the names because they'd be a "kill list" for scum, then kill the 1 of 2 names still alive to sort of make himself look more legit.

I'd like to know what Slat's full reveal is before moving forward. Last game I knew the rolefinder couldn't be town because we knew of a multiple other investigative roles throughout the game, knowing the actual role is helpful in assessing balance imo.

No this isn't role fishing either, Slats said he'd tell us on D4, but we had to run him up again. That is selfish and frankly aligns with the type of anti-town play he exhibited all of D3 (that JIF pointed out).

Lynch all liars!

JVoR makes good points about him, too, surrounding their play on me.

Official Vote Count:

Primate (1): Jack

Jack (4): Primate, Lily, Brett, Duke

With 8 alive takes 5 to lynch

I'm gonna need BG to pick up slack today hopefully. This is my last really sh*tty day too.

On bb til late tonight don't forget. Thanks and sorry if you guys have to wait on anything.

Definitely think the remaining scum could be on Jack at that point in time, waiting for someone else to come in and hammer - Lily being the least likely, based solely on AVM tracking her.

Just read Brett's last two days of posts - which was pretty easy being that they rarely ran longer than two lines a piece. Everyone should try it.

I'll be shocked if he's not the GF.

Just read Brett's last two days of posts - which was pretty easy being that they rarely ran longer than two lines a piece. Everyone should try it.

I'll be shocked if he's not the GF.

I hope he is, then I'd at least feel I made one good case before going off the deep end... :lol:

UNVOTE vote RD the whole low lying newb act then coming after me, by parotting the ape is really scummy. This is 60% evidence and 40% OMGUS RD hasn't hardly posted this game and he flips from confused newb to blood thirsty rather fast. It doesn't equal out

Archived