Top Udfa to target when lockout is over

experto25

I think there are some extremely talented udfa to target when the lockout is over 1.Deunta Williams 2.Deandre Mcdanial 3.Terrence Toliver as some of the players I think have starting potential.The deal with Deunta williams is that he suffered an injury which caused him to become an undrafted free agent,if he is healthy he can be a pro bowl safety without a question.

I think there are some extremely talented udfa to target when the lockout is over 1.Deunta Williams 2.Deandre Mcdanial 3.Terrence Toliver as some of the players I think have starting potential.The deal with Deunta williams is that he suffered an injury which caused him to become an undrafted free agent,if he is healthy he can be a pro bowl safety without a question.

IdahoJet is that you?

Ive read the Jets connected with DT Ollie Ogbu, Penn State

USC OC Kris O'Dowd is a good guy to backup Mangold, was an outstanding player with injury concerns. But arguably better than a Robby Felix. I don't think the Jets are aching to resign Robert Turner. Im also shocked that Tim Barnes wasn't drafted he's arguably a starter.

original poster mentioned Deunta Williams UNC he was a draft-able FS with injury concerns

safeties are target rich in UDFA, and there's certainly a roster spot on the Jets for a UDFA CB or S. agents are seeing the openings and advising their clients where to sign. the Jets did draft 2 WR but no safeties or corners and only Jim Leonard and Emmanuel Cook are under contract... which leads me to believe they have some UDFA aces in the hole.

other safeties:

Joe Lefeged, Rutgers (senior bowl with Deandre McDaniel)

Jerrard Terrant, Georgia Tech

Jeron Johnson, Boise State

Brian Lainhart, Kent State

Eugene Clifford, Tennessee State

Ive read the Jets connected with DT Ollie Ogbu, Penn State

USC OC Kris O'Dowd is a good guy to backup Mangold, was an outstanding player with injury concerns. But arguably better than a Robby Felix. I don't think the Jets are aching to resign Robert Turner. Im also shocked that Tim Barnes wasn't drafted he's arguably a starter.

original poster mentioned Deunta Williams UNC he was a draft-able FS with injury concerns

safeties are target rich in UDFA, and there's certainly a roster spot on the Jets for a UDFA CB or S. agents are seeing the openings and advising their clients where to sign. the Jets did draft 2 WR but no safeties or corners and only Jim Leonard and Emmanuel Cook are under contract... which leads me to believe they have some UDFA aces in the hole.

other safeties:

Joe Lefeged, Rutgers (senior bowl with Deandre McDaniel)

Jerrard Terrant, Georgia Tech

Jeron Johnson, Boise State

Brian Lainhart, Kent State

Eugene Clifford, Tennessee State

I was pissed when they passed on Lefeged for Scotty McKnight. Maybe his Jersey college roots give us a leg up on him.

I was pissed when they passed on Lefeged for Scotty McKnight. Maybe his Jersey college roots give us a leg up on him.

if scotty mcknight makes Mark Sanchez feel good, and that gets him to 60% accuracy, it's a great pick. Joe Lefeged doesn't help Sanchez' psyche.

as for Lefeged I was impressed with this player at the Senior Bowl. He's not fantastic in coverage but a sound tackler and very fast in a straight line. He can return kicks as well.

if scotty mcknight makes Mark Sanchez feel good, and that gets him to 60% accuracy, it's a great pick. Joe Lefeged doesn't help Sanchez' psyche.

as for Lefeged I was impressed with this player at the Senior Bowl. He's not fantastic in coverage but a sound tackler and very fast in a straight line. He can return kicks as well.

Sanchez is under 60% compl. rate and he still gets his own draft pick/mascot? I think if I were a teammate I might resent the sh*t out of that. Lefeged was the smart choice considering the # of safeties versus the # of wr we have. Scotty "camp fodder" McKnight was drafted to audition for other teams in the preseason--a favor from Tanny to Mark to Scotty. Doesn't help this team in the slightest.

Sanchez is under 60% compl. rate and he still gets his own draft pick/mascot? I think if I were a teammate I might resent the sh*t out of that. Lefeged was the smart choice considering the # of safeties versus the # of wr we have. Scotty "camp fodder" McKnight was drafted to audition for other teams in the preseason--a favor from Tanny to Mark to Scotty. Doesn't help this team in the slightest.

the fact that every other team also passed on Lefeged, and the Jets could still get him, means it wasn't that terrible of a move. McKnight is not as terrible a prospect as everyone makes him out to be. He's not a no-hoper like Dave Yovanovitz. He's U Colorado's all time leading receiver.

remember a QB's trust can MAKE a reciever's career. Sanchez could turn McKnight into the next Wayne Chrebet if he wanted to... And yes mark sanchez is more important than every Jet other than revis so it's important to keep him happy. If the Jets get better and win a super bowl it will be because of mark, not some UDFA safety.

Sanchez could turn McKnight into the next Wayne Chrebet if he wanted to... And yes mark sanchez is more important than every Jet other than revis so it's important to keep him happy. If the Jets get better and win a super bowl it will be because of mark, not some UDFA safety.

+1, Agreed.

And I really hope Sanchez and McKnight work out, and it's not some lame fail fratboy reunion that pays no dividends. Such a move (drafting a friend) can go two very different directions in terms of outcome.

Very few UDFA are going to make NFL teams this year.

The time window they have to convince coaches to release a vet is just to short. By now, in most years, a few have caught the eye of position coaches. This year the coaches will mostly be trying to get the vets and drafted rookies ready to play

Archived