New league year per Schefter

Lupz27

Mort and Clayton now on board with Glazer reporting tomorrow will be the first day,..I should've known better than to believe that pompous idiot Schefter,...my apologies to matt39

haha, now worries. Over the years I've learned the Schefter just says things to say them, while Glazer who doesnt really give a sh*t...will only report stuff he knows is accurate.

ESPN wrong again. Shocking.

Mort and Clayton now on board with Glazer reporting tomorrow will be the first day,..I should've known better than to believe that pompous idiot Schefter,...my apologies to matt39

So tomorrow you can make trades and sign your own guys and Friday will be the first day to sign UFAs from other teams?

haha, now worries. Over the years I've learned the Schefter just says things to say them, while Glazer who doesnt really give a sh*t...will only report stuff he knows is accurate.

ESPN wrong again. Shocking.

ESPN definitely subscribes to the whole "throw a bunch a sh*t at the wall and see what sticks" school of journalism. Their entire coverage of the lockout from day one has been horrific.

ESPN definitely subscribes to the whole "throw a bunch a sh*t at the wall and see what sticks" school of journalism. Their entire coverage of the lockout from day one has been horrific.

Agreed. Just brutal from the get-go.

Guest Jpf4671

So tomorrow you can make trades and sign your own guys and Friday will be the first day to sign UFAs from other teams?

Glazer was just on with Beningo and Roberts, he said their will be no window to sign your own guys, the players didn't want it and the owners gave. from what he said it's all in tomorrow at 10AM. don't worry I'm sure espn's will report the details in a few minutes and claim it as their own "breaking news"

Funny they both work for ESPN and ESPN has not backed down from pushing Schefters time line, plus where have Mort and Clayton said this, well **** Clayton he is the worst, but I do like Mort and have not seen him report this anywhere.

Guest Jpf4671

Funny they both work for ESPN and ESPN has not backed down from pushing Schefters time line, plus where have Mort and Clayton said this, well **** Clayton he is the worst, but I do like Mort and have not seen him report this anywhere.

Trey wing tweeted it and gave them credit

Guest Jpf4671

ESPN.com is also now officially reporting Tuesday,.

Glazer was just on with Beningo and Roberts, he said their will be no window to sign your own guys, the players didn't want it and the owners gave. from what he said it's all in tomorrow at 10AM. don't worry I'm sure espn's will report the details in a few minutes and claim it as their own "breaking news"

That already changes what Glazer previously reported he said not till Friday 6 pm for FA everybody is all over the map here were just gonna have to wait till it's official.

I don't think anyone actually knows yet including the league cause they can't until the players vote is official the longer the players take to vote the further these timelines get pushed back.

Guest Jpf4671

That already changes what Glazer previously reported he said not till Friday 6 pm for FA everybody is all over the map here were just gonna have to wait till it's official.

I don't think anyone actually knows yet including the league cause they can't until the players vote is official the longer the players take to vote the further these timelines get pushed back.

Lol you're right on, I'm going to lunch,when I get back the lockout will probably be back on

ESPN's bottom line is still reporting today as is Schefter but Schefter says that is only if the players vote it in soon if not then pushed back 24 hours.

Why wouldnt the players vote today? I thought the lockout was "over?"

More stalling? Ugh

Why wouldnt the players vote today? I thought the lockout was "over?"

More stalling? Ugh

Not saying they won't vote today, just saying it all depends on how long the committe takes to send it to the players to vote, it could be in 20 minutes which would accelerate the time line for FA or it could be 4-5 pm which will push back the timeline till tomorrow at the earliest.

So it's really all on the executive committee to get the ball rolling here

Not saying they won't vote today, just saying it all depends on how long the committe takes to send it to the players to vote, it could be in 20 minutes which would accelerate the time line for FA or it could be 4-5 pm which will push back the timeline till tomorrow at the earliest.

So it's really all on the executive committee to get the ball rolling here

wont hold my breathe...

My final take lockout officially ends sometime this afternoon, and ALL FA starts tomorrow with drafted and undrafted rookies being able to sign tonight, that's where I think this ends up, I don't really care if it can't be official till Friday you still know who is signing where as soon as it's agreed to in principal.

Like it matters...most of these deals are probably already done and just awaiting a legal window to be signed.

Which could take a while....seems like the cart has been put ahead of the horse here. We're still not there yet.

SI_JimTrotter

do NOT expect a quick vote by the players. i'm told they are reviewing the proposed settlement item by item ...

SI_JimTrotter

first up was a discussion of the new revenue distribution model & how the elimination of the league's expense credit works for the players.

3 minutes ago via Echofon

SI_JimTrotter

i asked one person in the room if this is going to take a while. response: "yes."

So the players are going to act like they give a sh*t and drag this out to maybe get one extra day off? What a bunch of assholes!

Im not calling anyone an a$$hole....I'm just saying it seems like a premature celebration so far. It isnt lifted yet.

If they players dont vote today- training camps get pushed back a day obviously and so does free agency.

Im not calling anyone an a$$hole....I'm just saying it seems like a premature celebration so far. It isnt lifted yet.

If they players dont vote today- training camps get pushed back a day obviously and so does free agency.

They're gonna vote today, it just takes a little time.

Tomorrow we're going to be talking about how quickly some of the free agent deals got down and isn't it amazing (insert random team name here) were able to pull that off so fast? :rolleyes:

They're gonna vote today, it just takes a little time.

Tomorrow we're going to be talking about how quickly some of the free agent deals got down and isn't it amazing (insert random team name here) were able to pull that off so fast? :rolleyes:

We will see. I hope you are right.

Guest Jpf4671

Schefter had the worst week ever. Everything he's reported has been wrong, and Glazer pwned him all day today. How much does he miss NFLN?

You're dead on,..Glazer was Larry Holmes and Schefter was Tex Cobb

Schefter had the worst week ever. Everything he's reported has been wrong, and Glazer pwned him all day today. How much does he miss NFLN?

Today they were both given misleading info and both had part of it right Glazer was right about Friday 6pm but never said you could talk to FA, and Schefter said today or tomorrow which he was kind of right on but never said you couldn't make it official till Friday.

If I understand it correctly if the Jets agree on terms with s FA he can come walk in the door on Tuesday and Wednesday, and start using the facility's but can't sign and file his deal till Friday and can't get paid a dime till August 4th.

So to me FA starts tomorrow not Friday.

Archived