OK, If You're Santonio Holmes...

SoFlaJets

i would like to think at some point, it starts to become monopoly money..

i get the whole, make as much as you can, period thing..

but how is holmes' lifestyle gonna change in any way based on taking a few more millions from the redskins, instead of trying to get another ring with the jets..

Practically speaking, every $5 million should cover another generation of future offspring.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i would like to think at some point, it starts to become monopoly money..

i get the whole, make as much as you can, period thing..

but how is holmes' lifestyle gonna change in any way based on taking a few more millions from the redskins, instead of trying to get another ring with the jets..

Because, it's not about the dollar amount or the lifestyle, it's just about more.

all bull spit aside, i wouldn't..

i would want to win another SB.. life is short..

easy to say but i i'm wired that way..

You also have never been offered 13 million a year, that kind of money will change peoples priorities quick.

You also have never been offered 13 million a year, that kind of money will change peoples priorities quick.

you don't now that!! well yes you are right but still..

aside from holmes' desire to help take care of future holmes' this is.. well, this just is..

I hate that I'm evoking Lebron twice in one thread.

But, it's funny that Holmes will get killed for taking the most money offered and Lebron got killed for taking less to play where he wanted and go after a championship.

and to think this is the result of all of my "Where The Heck Is Greenmeanie?" threads...

Sorry, I just had to subtract from the conversation.

I could have sworn I heard something like this on ESPN. With the sensational speculative "reporting" they've been doing lately, it almost seems like it would be something Mort tried to pass off as an exclusive.

On Tone...

Of course he wants the money. He has heard all the reports about the Jets being high on him. I'm sure he figures it as a win, win. If his agent comes out and says he wants to stay with the Jets, and he know Washington and Dan Snyder really want him, what do you think will happen?

Washington will offer crazy money, and either the Jets offer him something as good, or he goes.

Ideally he probably wants to play for the Jets with Washington type money. Wouldn't you? All of this reporting is posturing by his agent to drive the price up. We'll just have to see what shakes down.

I hate that I'm evoking Lebron twice in one thread.

But, it's funny that Holmes will get killed for taking the most money offered and Lebron got killed for taking less to play where he wanted and go after a championship.

The minute Santonio Holmes decides to have a 60 minute ESPN special announcing he's taking his talents to our nation's capital, then you might see some venom thrown in Santonio's direction. Until then, I think people have every reason to ridicule LeBron for reasons other than how much money he signed for and why he did so.

Archived